• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Still Reach My January Points Goal?

In summary, the conversation was about a consultant who fell behind on their points in January and was looking for creative ways to make up for it. Some of the ideas mentioned include posting ads, holding a fundraiser, approaching wedding-related businesses, contacting past hosts, encouraging double bookings, and recruiting. The consultant also received advice to not panic and to focus on their February show schedule.
lockhartkitchen
I mapped out my year, with the number of points I needed for January. My January totally missed my mark. Does anyone have any creative suggestions for "making up" for these lost points? I've brainstormed some ideas. I REALLY want to go to Disney World. I needed 11,000 in January and I barely made 1,000 points. I have spent several days in total depression. I'm trying not to see this as "I'm behind by 10,000 points), but it's hard. I don't want to get discouraged and I am telling myself that I can make it up. This is what I have so far:

I'm posting my Merrill ads on local store bulletin boards this weekend (including a Spanish ad).

I have a very large fund raiser that I'm really putting my energy into for February.

I have three catalog shows from January that aren't going to close tomorrow, but I can encourage and have close before FEb.10.

I have two floral shops I'm approaching with the wedding registry to display.

Visiting a bridal shop (I already have displayed in two in town)

I registered 6 weddings last week (so this will make up for some of my "lost" points). I'm going to contact each bride 2 months prior to wedding about having a bridal show.

I'm checking the newspaper for engagement announcements and sending info. to the couples.

I sent out letters to those who said they wanted March shows and let them know I'm calling in two weeks (gave the actual date) to set up their date. If they contact me before then, I have a gift for them.

I'm calling all past host from Feb. and March of last year, and those who had shows 6 months ago. (I sent Christmas cards to them as well).

I'm encouraging hosts to have at least 2 bookings prior to their own show and letting them know about the "double" booking benefit of booking again within 6 months.

I'm encouraging members of my cluster to join me in a big bridal event, that would require 5 of us to offset the costs. I have 1 that emailed me, she's in!! This would give me a huge amount of wedding leads.

Any other ideas out there? I really want this.

I didn't mention that I have an ongoing recruit list that I'm actively working on. My new recruit has her first recruit signing and doing the first show next Sunday. If I promote to Advanced Director, I add 4500 points on that I hadn't accounted for.

there is a director i know who almost exclusivly does fund raisers. she did a presentation at a cluster meeting on improving fundraiser turn outs and what not. i beleive she said that some of the ways she got really big fundraisers was by offering lots of "extras". i know our stuff sells it self, but, if i were going to try to make it up, i think i would search out fundraisers. especially the kind that you can give the kid that catalogs. people have a hard time saying no to cute kids selling stuff. with those you can buy prizes to offer the kids for who can sell the most. i supose that it may depend on what you are willing to spend. i know that this director offers things like cameras and mp3 players as prizes. things that older kids might work harder for. so there are a few tips i got from a director who makes the majority of her income from fundraising. in fact, i beleive for her in the bag promotion, she ended up selling over $10,000 on one fundraiser. . i hope something i said helps.

Julie! It sounds like you are doing it all! You might not see the points flying in right now, but keep up the momentum and I'm sure you will very soon! I'm exhausted after reading all that you are doing! I'm definatly going to come back to this thread when it's not 5am and read it again for ideas!

Julie, do not panic!!!
In 4 weeks I am going to Mexico care of the Pampered Chef and I had 437 points last January 31st! It is ok :)
You seem to be covering alot of bases but you didn't mention your show schedule for February.
So, how many shows did you come up with that you need to do for Disney?
Are those all set for February?
I was happy to hear that you had a recruit list you are working on, may I suggest an opportunity event to get them all to come at once and check it out in February so they can get in on the promo if they are ready to sign.

Exacly what cheryl said you still have 11 more months to go and it sounds like you are covering everything , just follow thought and you will be fine . i too last year had only 3000 points in January and i will be going to Miami in April this year

RECRUIT RECRUIT RECRUIT...
Qualify them Qualify them Qualify them
Host your own show
Promote to Director -you're already FD...when you promote you get points AND you need less points!

If anything...you are helping everyone else with wonderful ideas! You KNOW what to do...and it sounds like you are doing it...and WILL MAKE IT :)

ChefNic said:
RECRUIT RECRUIT RECRUIT...
Qualify them Qualify them Qualify them
Host your own show
Promote to Director -you're already FD...when you promote you get points AND you need less points!

If anything...you are helping everyone else with wonderful ideas! You KNOW what to do...and it sounds like you are doing it...and WILL MAKE IT :)

i agree -- if anything you just gave me a ton of motivation/ideas for the rest of my year :chef:

You sound like you are doing it all right, Julie! What level are you going for? I am going for Level 2 and need 52,000 which gives me around 5,000 per month. I fell a little short in January but my Recruit qualified so that gave me 2,000. My sales were awful but February is already looking better. I have a Show to close tomorrow that was $344 so that will help! That was my whole month of January Show sales plus I had a $45 online order, so it wasn't great but better than $0! Hang in there!

Koolotus said:
Julie, do not panic!!!
In 4 weeks I am going to Mexico care of the Pampered Chef and I had 437 points last January 31st! It is ok :)
You seem to be covering alot of bases but you didn't mention your show schedule for February.
So, how many shows did you come up with that you need to do for Disney?
Are those all set for February?
I was happy to hear that you had a recruit list you are working on, may I suggest an opportunity event to get them all to come at once and check it out in February so they can get in on the promo if they are ready to sign.

Cheryl, that is encouraging...what did you do to kick into gear the rest of the year? Congrats on earning the trip!

Jane just an FYI on your points situation. you don't need 5000 a month!
Here's the levels
Level 1 23000 1 recruit $1750 a month
Level 2 4 recruits $3667 s month
Level 3 6 recruits $5167 a month
Level 4 7 recruits $7375 a month

Steph, Thank you!
Actually I did exactly what I suggested I did my 1st opportunity event in February. I recruited! promoted to Director and stayed consistent.
I really think the biggest thing was TRACKING it. Crap, I was on the tracker about 10 times a day in the last month (yep, I know it only updates once a day :) )
I really do believe any one can achieve, and the best thing is so does my team! I can't wait to take them to DISSNEY!!!

The chart says 4,333 so I set it to 5,000 to make up for the low months. I'm still confused how Julie needs 11,000 in January unless she is doing it by sales only...and why since she is already an FD... Maybe I am not reading the chart right...

Thanks for all the positive comments. My February is getting there. To answer some of your questions: I was shooting for level 3. With working full time, I thought I was being realistic by booking January full, so I wouldn't have to do an extraordinary amount of shows per month. That's why I needed the 11,000. I knew December was a slower month, so I put my January heavier. I'm in a better mood today. Though I'm closing the month with only 2,000 points +3,000 for leadership I know level 2 is obtainable with 8 shows a month. I have 5 shows in February, 1 big fundraiser, and 3 catalog shows. I'm working to add the 3 more shows that I need. I need one consultant to qualify, 1 decided after months of high sales to stop PC and will drop off this month, so I'm working to get directorship before April 1. My director and I are goin to talk this week to keep my spirits up.

the reason you need 3666 for level 2 is because if you take 52,000 pts needed and automatically take the 8,000 off that you'll get with the 4 recruits you have to have it takes you to 44,000 pts. divided by 12 months gives you 3666 that you need each month.
I was able to pull out $3850.00 in sales here for Jan. so doubling those pts helps me out...Now if I can just stay consistant with my other months I have a great chance..I gotta do this or my hubby and 5 kids will _____ me!!! LOL

You can do it kreaser! I have my work cut out for me this year. Tomorrow is my day to put up my ads and (hit the pavement). This month was my husband's turn for advertising his home business, next month is mine in the local newspaper. My show average has not been $500, so I'm focusing on host coaching for $500 shows. That's my biggest concern, that each time a show doesn't hit $500, I'm behind my needed amount for 8 shows. I've also been encouraging catalog shows, and I'm rebooking host for 6 months out for another show (new season).

Wow, thank you for posting all those things: I need to get my butt in gear big time, and that gave me a boost.

I think the main thing is you're recognizing NOW that you may need a few extra shows to hit your goal and not waiting til November. You can do it!

1. How can I save money on my January expenses?

One great way to make up for January expenses is by meal planning and cooking at home. This way, you can avoid spending money on expensive restaurant meals.

2. What are some affordable meal ideas for January?

Some affordable meal ideas for January include soups, stews, casseroles, and other hearty dishes that use inexpensive ingredients like beans, lentils, and vegetables.

3. How can I use my Pampered Chef products to save money in January?

Pampered Chef products are designed to help you save time and money in the kitchen. Use our versatile cookware and kitchen tools to make delicious and budget-friendly meals at home.

4. Are there any specific sales or promotions for January to help me save money?

Yes, Pampered Chef often offers discounts and promotions in January to help customers save money. Keep an eye on our website and social media for any current deals.

5. What are some tips for reducing food waste and saving money in January?

Planning your meals, using leftovers creatively, and freezing extra portions are all great ways to reduce food waste and save money in January. You can also try shopping at farmers markets or buying produce in bulk to save even more.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
zmom58
Replies
Views
PamperedTammy
  • lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies