• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Connect Your Outlet to Your Pws for Ordering on KitchenFabulous?

In summary, the conversation involves a consultant who is having trouble allowing customers to order through the outlet on their personal web site. They need to have $1250 in sales first, and they can only link to their main PWS page, not directly to the outlet. This information is mentioned in the policies, but not prominently enough for the consultant to have noticed before. However, they are still excited to be a part of the community and looking forward to making the required sales.
Jane the PC
Is this possible? I have been searching, but I cant figure out how to allow my customers to order through the outlet. If I go to my site /kitchenfabulous and try to "place an order" with out entering a host's name I only see regular catalog options.

What they do is click on "Our Products". Click on "How to Purchase". In the shaded box at the bottom click on "click here to place an individual order". Click on "Otherwise click here to continue". The next page at the bottom of the list it says "Outlet Specials".

You must complete your requirement of selling $1250 to qualify in order to receive individual online orders...have you done this?

You have to be "qualified" with $1250 in sales first. Then you cannot link directly to the Outlet, you can only link to your main PWS page, but give folks instructions on how to access the outlet.click on "shop on-line" in the bottom left corner, then "place an order" under option #2, then click on "outlet specials" at the bottom on left.

No I have not reached that yet. I'm still within my first 60 days. I was totally confused, because I had people order through it before, but they were ordering specifically through a party. Not trying to place an Individual order. I understand now.

Although I must say, pretty tricky on home office's part. I mean, I know I should have read the fine print. But you think they could have at least mentioned it more than just once in the fine print...since its such a MAJOR PART of why you would fork out the money and subscribe to the website is to get the word out , and allow people to place orders.

As seen on page 15 of June's Consultant News issue...

Why a Personal Web Site?
Your site is open all the time, even when you’re away at Shows.
Your PWS takes outside orders and individual online orders for
you, at any time, even when you’re sleeping.

How do I make the most of my PWS?
First, make sure people know you have a Web site. Add the
address to all your marketing and contact materials, like
business cards, catalogs and e-mails. Mention your PWS at
Shows and when you make contacts. Customers will love
the convenience of being able to place an individual or
outlet order, and they can share your information with other
friends who may not have a Consultant.

and last but not least!!!!!!

Special offer for new Consultants!
When you reach $1,250 is career sales in your
first 90 days, your PWS is free for 90 days, and you
can begin to receive online orders! Qualifying new
Consultants will receive an e-mail for the free PWS
offer, which must be redeemed within 30 days.

I mean you think if they want us to succeed, (which i know they trully do) they would at least mention, "Once you have $1250 in sales, your customers have the luxury of placing individual orders , that do not require being part of a show" or somethign to that effect. I mean it does say it on there, however its mentioned only in a section talking about having a free website offer. So, it makes you assume that if you have not made your 1250, you will have to fork out the cash to utilize it.

I kindof feel like they tricked me, but I know its my own fault. Either way it goes, I'm definately looking forward to making my $1250 so I can stop looking like a liar to everyone I have already told and handed out my business cards to. Plus, I wont mind getting the commission either :)

**it will come** :)

The part about needing $1250 to accept non-show orders on PWS is part of the policies. HO probably assumes that consultants who read the CN have already read the policies.BTW, it's on page 6:
Participation in Online Ordering
New Consultants may sign up for a Personal Web Site immediately. However, they will not have access to individual online ordering or be able to set up Wedding Registries until they become qualified.

and no one could have ordered from the Outlet before from your site, not as part of a show. The Outlet won't even show up as an option. It's a minor inconvenience, but you'll get it soon enough. :D

Well Lesson learned. I guess I just got so excited I didnt read throughly enough. Either way it works, I enjoy being part of this community and being a consultant. Its still all new, but I appreciate all the feedback you guys give. It really helps. Have a great day, and a great weekend!!

I wish I was with my other locals at wave 1!!

Just another update here... i linked the OUTLET on mywebsite via HTML. I thought it would be eaiser to post a link in the news than giving directions to the outlet. Today, we online shoppers can be so lazy!

I posted this text in the "Feature Description" Box :

To Visit the Pampered Chef Outlet Store <a href="https://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering/category_details.tpc?code=OS&id=132&parentCatId=132&parentId=" target="_blank">CLICK HERE!</a>

This will not work for you. If you look at the link, it is directly related to pc.com not to your website. If your customer orders through this link, it will not go to your orders, it will go to the director in line for the leads.

That's right. NO linking on our PWS pages. Any links will redirect through the lead system.That's also true of direct links to the outlet or other shopping when you send newsletters. Customers MUST navigate from your PWS homepage in order for you to get credit. It's a way for HO to control external linking (which, as we all know, isn't allowed) to PWSes.

You can always put instructions in your "News" section and make sure that's visible on your homepage.

Cripes!

I guess that is why i never saw anyone linking it. I guess since it was link on my own website, and I was only linking to another page within my website (or what I thought at the time was mine) it would work. I understand why they have it set up that way, but I just thought in my simple mind that if it were clicked on from within my site, it would magically work. LOL. Thanks for yall replies, i will correct it.

So if I use Mike's newsletter which "links" to my website....does that mean the customer is actually sent to PC.com and referred to a HO Lead?

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
So if I use Mike's newsletter which "links" to my website....does that mean the customer is actually sent to PC.com and referred to a HO Lead?

If it links to anything other than the home page of your PWS, yes.

My online sales have dropped tremendously since I started using Mike's.. I used to always get around $400 a month in sales and now I am lucky if I get $50.. Fixing to drop it all and go back to my regular one that I just made up myself.

Thanks Ann and Crissy! Yikes! Looks like I've got some research to do.

crissy11 said:
My online sales have dropped tremendously since I started using Mike's.. I used to always get around $400 a month in sales and now I am lucky if I get $50.. Fixing to drop it all and go back to my regular one that I just made up myself.

That is very interesting. Some people had posted how much they liked Mike's service, because it could link right to the different pages - and I wondered how he could do that. This sorta confirms for me that it really isn't doing that.

I'll stick with Joy! ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
That is very interesting. Some people had posted how much they liked Mike's service, because it could link right to the different pages - and I wondered how he could do that. This sorta confirms for me that it really isn't doing that.

I'll stick with Joy! ;)

JOY ROCKS!!! Shes The Best!!

I'm qualified but can't find out how to get registries and individual orders on my site.

Regina- When you visit your website at the front page in the upper right corner under "contact me" there should be a link that says "Wedding Registry"To access the outlet, click on the "shop online" link in the lower left hand corner on the front page of your site, Select option #2, click "otherwise click here to continue" and you will see "outlet specials" linked at the bottom of the list on the left side of the page.

regina_graham said:
I'm qualified but can't find out how to get registries and individual orders on my site.

It usually takes a day or two. You will know it is up and running when the wedding registry link in the upper right hand corner appears. Call technical support if it isn't there a few days after you qualify.

Is there anyway to tell if people have been looking at my website. I sent out an E-blast last week that should reach apx 500 people or so and no sales. Which is okay..I was more or less looking for people to know I exist as a PC consultant. Would my online sales show up in Consultant Connection for monthly sales? Help! :)

I found that I can make a link to my outlet page, but it only works for people that opened my site last. If someone has never been to my site, it goes to some Director's site.

No, there isn't any reporting on who has clicked on your site. If you use a service like iContact or Constant Contact for your emails, you can get reports on who clicked the links in your email.

Trying to create a link to any area of your website except the main page will cause the connection to your personal site to be lost. If a customer has visited your site within the last two weeks or so, they'll probably have a cookie in their browser history that re-directs them to your site. If the cookie has been deleted or has expired, they'll be directed through the lead pool. Always make sure that the link you are using contains the .biz ending, and your website's extension.

1. How do I link an outlet to my Pws?

To link an outlet to your Pws, you will need to log in to your Pampered Chef account and go to the "My Account" section. From there, click on "My Outlets" and then select "Link Outlet to Pws". Enter the outlet ID number and click "Link Outlet". Your outlet will now be linked to your Pws.

2. What is the purpose of linking an outlet to my Pws?

Linking an outlet to your Pws allows customers to shop directly from your outlet's page on the Pampered Chef website. This makes it easier for customers to find and purchase products from your outlet, increasing your sales potential.

3. Can I link multiple outlets to my Pws?

Yes, you can link multiple outlets to your Pws. This is especially useful for consultants who have multiple outlets in different locations. You can easily manage all of your outlets and sales in one place by linking them to your Pws.

4. How do I unlink an outlet from my Pws?

To unlink an outlet from your Pws, log in to your Pampered Chef account and go to the "My Account" section. Click on "My Outlets" and then select the outlet you want to unlink. Click on "Unlink Outlet" and confirm the action. The outlet will now be unlinked from your Pws.

5. What happens if I unlink an outlet from my Pws?

If you unlink an outlet from your Pws, customers will no longer be able to shop directly from that outlet's page on the Pampered Chef website. However, the outlet will still remain active and you can continue to sell products from it through other means, such as in-person events or through social media.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • kam