1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: How to link Outlet to PWS?

1. Jane the PC

Jane the PC Novice Member

Is this possible? I have been searching, but I cant figure out how to allow my customers to order through the outlet. If I go to my site /kitchenfabulous and try to "place an order" with out entering a host's name I only see regular catalog options.

Jun 11, 2009
  2. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

What they do is click on "Our Products". Click on "How to Purchase". In the shaded box at the bottom click on "click here to place an individual order". Click on "Otherwise click here to continue". The next page at the bottom of the list it says "Outlet Specials".

Jun 11, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

You must complete your requirement of selling $1250 to qualify in order to receive individual online orders...have you done this?

Jun 11, 2009
  4. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

You have to be "qualified" with $1250 in sales first.

Then you cannot link directly to the Outlet, you can only link to your main PWS page, but give folks instructions on how to access the outlet.

click on "shop on-line" in the bottom left corner, then "place an order" under option #2, then click on "outlet specials" at the bottom on left.

Jun 11, 2009
  5. Jane the PC

No I have not reached that yet. I'm still within my first 60 days. I was totally confused, because I had people order through it before, but they were ordering specifically through a party. Not trying to place an Individual order. I understand now.

Although I must say, pretty tricky on home office's part. I mean, I know I should have read the fine print. But you think they could have at least mentioned it more than just once in the fine print...since its such a MAJOR PART of why you would fork out the money and subscribe to the website is to get the word out , and allow people to place orders.

As seen on page 15 of June's Consultant News issue...

Why a Personal Web Site?
    Your site is open all the time, even when you’re away at Shows.
    Your PWS takes outside orders and individual online orders for
    you, at any time, even when you’re sleeping.

How do I make the most of my PWS?
    First, make sure people know you have a Web site. Add the
    address to all your marketing and contact materials, like
    business cards, catalogs and e-mails. Mention your PWS at
    Shows and when you make contacts. Customers will love
    the convenience of being able to place an individual or
    outlet order, and they can share your information with other
    friends who may not have a Consultant.

and last but not least!!!!!!

Special offer for new Consultants!
    When you reach $1,250 is career sales in your
    first 90 days, your PWS is free for 90 days, and you
    can begin to receive online orders! Qualifying new
    Consultants will receive an e-mail for the free PWS
    offer, which must be redeemed within 30 days.

I mean you think if they want us to succeed, (which i know they trully do) they would at least mention, "Once you have $1250 in sales, your customers have the luxury of placing individual orders , that do not require being part of a show" or somethign to that effect. I mean it does say it on there, however its mentioned only in a section talking about having a free website offer. So, it makes you assume that if you have not made your 1250, you will have to fork out the cash to utilize it.

I kindof feel like they tricked me, but I know its my own fault. Either way it goes, I'm definately looking forward to making my $1250 so I can stop looking like a liar to everyone I have already told and handed out my business cards to. Plus, I wont mind getting the commission either :)

**it will come** :)

Jun 16, 2009
  6. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

The part about needing $1250 to accept non-show orders on PWS is part of the policies. HO probably assumes that consultants who read the CN have already read the policies.

BTW, it's on page 6:

Jun 16, 2009
  7. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

and no one could have ordered from the Outlet before from your site, not as part of a show. The Outlet won't even show up as an option.

It's a minor inconvenience, but you'll get it soon enough. :D

Jun 16, 2009
  8. Jane the PC

Well Lesson learned. I guess I just got so excited I didnt read throughly enough. Either way it works, I enjoy being part of this community and being a consultant. Its still all new, but I appreciate all the feedback you guys give. It really helps. Have a great day, and a great weekend!!

Jun 17, 2009
  9. Jane the PC

I wish I was with my other locals at wave 1!!

Just another update here... i linked the OUTLET on mywebsite via HTML. I thought it would be eaiser to post a link in the news than giving directions to the outlet. Today, we online shoppers can be so lazy!

I posted this text in the "Feature Description" Box :

To Visit the Pampered Chef Outlet Store <a href="https://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering/category_details.tpc?code=OS&id=132&parentCatId=132&parentId=" target="_blank">CLICK HERE!</a>

Jul 9, 2009
  10. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

This will not work for you. If you look at the link, it is directly related to pc.com not to your website. If your customer orders through this link, it will not go to your orders, it will go to the director in line for the leads.

11. chefann

That's right. NO linking on our PWS pages. Any links will redirect through the lead system.

That's also true of direct links to the outlet or other shopping when you send newsletters. Customers MUST navigate from your PWS homepage in order for you to get credit. It's a way for HO to control external linking (which, as we all know, isn't allowed) to PWSes.

Jul 9, 2009
  12. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

You can always put instructions in your "News" section and make sure that's visible on your homepage.

Jul 9, 2009
  13. Jane the PC

Cripes!

I guess that is why i never saw anyone linking it. I guess since it was link on my own website, and I was only linking to another page within my website (or what I thought at the time was mine) it would work. I understand why they have it set up that way, but I just thought in my simple mind that if it were clicked on from within my site, it would magically work. LOL. Thanks for yall replies, i will correct it.

Jul 9, 2009
  14. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

So if I use Mike's newsletter which "links" to my website....does that mean the customer is actually sent to PC.com and referred to a HO Lead?

15. chefann

If it links to anything other than the home page of your PWS, yes.

Jul 10, 2009
  16. crissy11

crissy11 Member Gold Member

My online sales have dropped tremendously since I started using Mike's.. I used to always get around $400 a month in sales and now I am lucky if I get $50.. Fixing to drop it all and go back to my regular one that I just made up myself.

Jul 10, 2009
  17. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Thanks Ann and Crissy! Yikes! Looks like I've got some research to do.

18. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

That is very interesting. Some people had posted how much they liked Mike's service, because it could link right to the different pages - and I wondered how he could do that. This sorta confirms for me that it really isn't doing that.

I'll stick with Joy! ;)

Jul 10, 2009
  19. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

JOY ROCKS!!! Shes The Best!!

Jul 10, 2009
  20. I'm qualified but can't find out how to get registries and individual orders on my site.

21. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

Regina- When you visit your website at the front page in the upper right corner under "contact me" there should be a link that says "Wedding Registry"

To access the outlet, click on the "shop online" link in the lower left hand corner on the front page of your site, Select option #2, click "otherwise click here to continue" and you will see "outlet specials" linked at the bottom of the list on the left side of the page.

Aug 25, 2009
  22. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

It usually takes a day or two. You will know it is up and running when the wedding registry link in the upper right hand corner appears. Call technical support if it isn't there a few days after you qualify.

23. mmoran4pc

mmoran4pc Novice Member

Is there anyway to tell if people have been looking at my website. I sent out an E-blast last week that should reach apx 500 people or so and no sales. Which is okay..I was more or less looking for people to know I exist as a PC consultant. Would my online sales show up in Consultant Connection for monthly sales? Help! :)

Sep 9, 2009
  24. Chef Bobby

Chef Bobby Veteran Member Gold Member

I found that I can make a link to my outlet page, but it only works for people that opened my site last. If someone has never been to my site, it goes to some Director's site.

Sep 10, 2009
  25. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

No, there isn't any reporting on who has clicked on your site. If you use a service like iContact or Constant Contact for your emails, you can get reports on who clicked the links in your email.

Trying to create a link to any area of your website except the main page will cause the connection to your personal site to be lost. If a customer has visited your site within the last two weeks or so, they'll probably have a cookie in their browser history that re-directs them to your site. If the cookie has been deleted or has expired, they'll be directed through the lead pool. Always make sure that the link you are using contains the .biz ending, and your website's extension.

Sep 10, 2009
Have something to add?