• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Keep Dough From Drying Out

In summary, you can prepare the circles for the Quiche Lorraine Tartlets ahead of time and set them aside. Some tips to save time during your presentation include preheating the oven beforehand, preparing the dough ahead of time, using pre-made crusts, having ingredients measured and ready, using pre-cooked bacon, using a food processor for filling, and keeping circles of dough moist with a damp towel. By following these tips, you can save time and create perfect tartlets. Good luck!
avelissar
Hi,

I am trying to think of ways to save time during my presentation. For the Quiche Lorraine Tartlets, can I create the circles (most of them) and then set them to the side? Perhaps with a damp towel on top?

Thanks!

Andrea

I did all but the last row and put them in the mini muffin pan before the show. I did not have a problem with them drying out!

Yes, you can definitely prepare the circles for the Quiche Lorraine Tartlets ahead of time and set them aside. Here are a few tips to help save time during your presentation:1. Preheat your oven before starting the presentation: Make sure to preheat your oven before starting the presentation so that it is ready to bake the tartlets when you are done assembling them. This will save you time waiting for the oven to heat up.2. Prepare the dough ahead of time: You can make the dough for the tartlets a day before and keep it refrigerated until you are ready to use it. This will save you time during the presentation and also ensure that the dough is chilled and easier to work with.3. Use a pre-made crust: If you are short on time, you can also use pre-made tartlet crusts instead of making them from scratch. This will save you time and effort.4. Have all your ingredients measured and ready to use: Before starting the presentation, make sure to have all your ingredients measured and ready to use. This will save you time during the assembly process.5. Use pre-cooked bacon: Instead of frying bacon during the presentation, you can use pre-cooked bacon that you can easily crumble and add to the tartlets.6. Use a food processor to make the filling: Instead of hand whisking the filling, you can use a food processor to make it quickly and easily.7. Use a damp towel to keep the circles of dough moist: As you suggested, you can cover the circles of dough with a damp towel to keep them from drying out while you assemble the rest of the tartlets.By following these tips, you can save time during your presentation and ensure that your Quiche Lorraine Tartlets turn out perfectly. Good luck!

1. How can I prevent dough from drying out while I'm working with it?

The best way to keep dough from drying out while you're working with it is to cover it with a damp kitchen towel or plastic wrap. This will help to maintain the moisture in the dough and prevent it from drying out too quickly.

2. Can I refrigerate dough to keep it from drying out?

Yes, refrigerating dough can help to keep it from drying out. Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator. Just make sure to let the dough come to room temperature before working with it again.

3. How do I keep dough from drying out while it's rising?

If you're letting your dough rise in a warm place, cover it with a damp kitchen towel or plastic wrap. If you're letting it rise in the refrigerator, you can leave it uncovered, but make sure to keep it tightly wrapped once it has risen.

4. What should I do if my dough has already started to dry out?

If your dough has started to dry out, you can try kneading in a small amount of water or oil to help rehydrate it. Just be careful not to add too much, as this can affect the texture and consistency of the dough.

5. Can I add more flour to my dough to prevent it from drying out?

It's best to avoid adding extra flour to your dough in an attempt to prevent it from drying out. This can alter the texture and consistency of the dough and may result in a less desirable end product. Instead, try covering the dough with a damp towel or plastic wrap as suggested in the previous answers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • KellyTheChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
smarteez2
Replies