• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Make Fluffy and Delicious Pancakes with Box Mix?

In summary, to make fluffy and delicious pancakes using a box mix, you can add ingredients such as whipped egg whites, baking powder, or sour cream. Overmixing the batter, using a pan that is not hot enough, and using too much liquid can cause the pancakes to crumble and fall apart. Adding milk instead of water can add flavor, but adjusting the consistency and letting the batter rest can help hold the pancakes together. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully and flip the pancakes gently to avoid breaking them apart.
byrd1956
Gold Member
My husband made him Betty Crocker pancakes yesterday (I was not home). He said they crumbled and fell apart while eating them. Any suggestions as to what he could do to them as he makes them to keep them more fluffy and yummy? I don't remember having this problem w/a box mix before & they only thing I add is our vanilla and use milk instead of water when mixing.

Maybe he made a mistake in the measurements of the other ingredients? I don't use the BC mix, but I'm thinking that probably isn't the way they normally should be. ;)I love Bisquick pancake mix. I mash up 1 or 2 ripe bananas and then mix that in it as well. I even add some mini morsels to it. Everyone loves how moist and flavorful they are. And I think they have enough sweetness, that all I put on them is butter. (Of course my family still likes to add syrup or applesauce.)

1. How can I make fluffy and delicious pancakes using a box mix?

To make fluffy and delicious pancakes using a box mix, try adding a few extra ingredients such as whipped egg whites, baking powder, or sour cream. These ingredients will help add air and moisture to the batter, resulting in fluffier pancakes. Also, be sure not to overmix the batter as this can make the pancakes dense.

2. Why did my pancakes made with Betty Crocker mix crumble and fall apart?

There could be a few reasons why your pancakes crumbled and fell apart. One possibility is that the batter was overmixed, causing the gluten to develop too much and making the pancakes tough. Another reason could be that the pan was not hot enough, causing the pancakes to stick and break apart when flipping. Lastly, using too much liquid in the batter can also make the pancakes fall apart. Try following the instructions on the box carefully and adjusting the batter consistency if needed.

3. Can I add anything to the box mix to make the pancakes more fluffy and yummy?

Yes, you can add ingredients such as whipped egg whites, baking powder, or sour cream to the box mix to make the pancakes more fluffy and yummy. You can also try adding a pinch of cinnamon or vanilla extract for extra flavor.

4. I usually use milk instead of water when making pancakes with a box mix, but my husband's pancakes still fell apart. Any suggestions?

Using milk instead of water is a great way to add more flavor and richness to your pancakes. However, if the batter is still too thin, the pancakes may not hold together well. Try using less milk or adding a little bit of flour to thicken the batter. You can also let the batter rest for a few minutes before cooking to allow the flour to absorb more moisture.

5. I have never had this problem with a box mix before. What could be causing the pancakes to fall apart?

There could be a few factors contributing to the pancakes falling apart. First, make sure to follow the instructions on the box carefully and use the recommended amount of liquid. Overmixing the batter or using too much liquid can result in dense and crumbly pancakes. Also, check that your pan is hot enough before pouring the batter and flip the pancakes gently to avoid breaking them apart.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JAE
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Stephaniecafe
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies