• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ignoring Someone on Social Media: A Step-by-Step Guide

In summary, to put someone on your iggy list, you need to search for "view public profile", under the picture of the person, and under "send message" and "user lists". You need to click on "user lists", and then under "add to ignore list" click on the person's name.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
How do I put someone on my iggy list?

I thought there was a button by their posts that I could just hit, but I am missing it....

I did a search, and still can't find my answer!

TIA

I thought when you clicked on their name something popped down but I just tried it with yours and didn't see anything sorry I wasn't much help.

Click on the name and "View Public Profile". Under the picture is "Send Message" and "User Lists". Click on User Lists and choose "Add to Ignore List".There are probably other ways to get there, but that works! :)

Click on "User CP" at the top of the page, then go to "Settings and Options" and then to "Edit Ignore List".

Click on the person's name as your in the link. When you get to their profile, click on the little arrow beside "user lists". You'll see the option "add to ignore list".

ChefBeckyD said:
Click on "User CP" at the top of the page, then go to "Settings and Options" and then to "Edit Ignore List".

kelly, got it... did it work for you?
Thanks becky :)

was it something I said?

;)

redsoxgirl said:
was it something I said?

;)

Not sure...since I now have the hang of it, I can't see your post!!

JK girl!

Where's my PM about your conference experience? Or are you gonna just make your own thread?? I wanna hear how you liked it!!

merego said:
kelly, got it... did it work for you?
Thanks becky :)

It's a done deal!

Thanks for all of the help ladies!!:balloon::balloon:

Can you still see me Kelly??:p

Kelly, look like you opened up a can or worms~ hee hee :) :)

merego said:
Kelly, look like you opened up a can or worms~ hee hee :) :)

That's OK...a silly can of worms is great any day! It's the mean can of worms that I just can't stomach...

KellyTheChef said:
That's OK...a silly can of worms is great any day! It's the mean can of worms that I just can't stomach...

Well said :)

KellyTheChef said:

Very very well said!!!

amen brutha! errr sista!

Gee I sometimes wished putting the iggy botton on people in real was as easy as it is on here hehe gald you got your answers Kelly !!!! Have fun iggy LoL

christinaspc said:
Gee I sometimes wished putting the iggy botton on people in real was as easy as it is on here hehe gald you got your answers Kelly !!!! Have fun iggy LoL

You have me laughing so hard. I am imagining a MUTE button on some of the people in my life!!!! Like a remote!!! HA!!! How fun would that be?!:D

I'm dreading the day a Cheffer introduces themself to me in real life and I blurt out, "Oh. I don't know you that well because you're on my ignore list." :rolleyes: And it would be just like me to stick my foot in my mouth like that.

chefann said:
I'm dreading the day a Cheffer introduces themself to me in real life and I blurt out, "Oh. I don't know you that well because you're on my ignore list." :rolleyes: And it would be just like me to stick my foot in my mouth like that.

I snorted!!!! Tears in my eyes laughing at the thought!!

HA-HA Ann you are too funny, I know Chris wouldn't be fun sometimes if we had that ability in real to do that. But I am sure there is probably a reason we don't.

christinaspc said:
HA-HA Ann you are too funny, I know Chris wouldn't be fun sometimes if we had that ability in real to do that. But I am sure there is probably a reason we don't.
Christina, I'm going to have to put you on my ignore list with your mood today. My son looked at this page and started covering your mood with his hand. :)

Wow! I didn't know we could do all that...you are ALL right..it would be nice to do that to some people that I work with..........:) Denise

* cries * I will change it Jae sorry !!! :)

JAE said:
Christina, I'm going to have to put you on my ignore list with your mood today. My son looked at this page and started covering your mood with his hand. :)

I was like, huh?! it says grumpy...then I remembered what it did say!! LOL

christinaspc said:
* cries * I will change it Jae sorry !!! :)
I won't put you on ignore, but thanks for changing your mood. It pretty much means the same thing. My ds is 11, so he really can handle it. He just likes to play the sweet innocent child. KWIM?

dennyb1998 said:
Wow! I didn't know we could do all that...you are ALL right..it would be nice to do that to some people that I work with..........:) Denise
I want to know what you're doing that has your mood showing "sneaky". Are you at work and doing CS when you aren't supposed to? Or are you sneaking chocolate this early in the day? :)

If I could have muted that bratty 10 year old I was watching she would still be here :) Everyone who came over said can't you put that girl on MUTE???

I was laughing so hard at Ann's comments too. I have bad habit of blurting out stuff before thinking. Like the time someone said Oh Meredith so you were married to ex blah blah, I know with his ex girlfriend ( this goes way back to high school when he was dating both of us) and I said oh I know her, the skanky one with herpes, that is why they broke up and I proceeded to ramble on. Current DH was like will you SHUT UP. Note to self....... don't drink and talk :)

Anytime Jae :) sweet and innocent child gosh I remember those days and now I just get to relive those days with my 8yr boy and 5yr girl. Awwww parenting isn't it great.

I am just really grumpy about our carpet we have been going on 3 weeks now of getting it layed and it still isn't finished we just remodeled our house new paint and everything and they scratched up the walls pretty bad, broken pictures and a few other things. They are suppose to come and finish sometime this week just thinkings about makes me mad.!!!!!

No, I am a teacher and I have off for the summer (except for entertaining my son) :) I forgot to change my mood for today..that was for yesterday. HA HA HA HA HA! :)

merego said:
If I could have muted that bratty 10 year old I was watching she would still be here :) Everyone who came over said can't you put that girl on MUTE???

I was laughing so hard at Ann's comments too. I have bad habit of blurting out stuff before thinking. Like the time someone said Oh Meredith so you were married to ex blah blah, I know with his ex girlfriend ( this goes way back to high school when he was dating both of us) and I said oh I know her, the skanky one with herpes, that is why they broke up and I proceeded to ramble on. Current DH was like will you SHUT UP. Note to self....... don't drink and talk :)

We are SO alike!!!! Are you my sister?! I am laughing my butt off!! My boyfriend has gone as far as to put his hand over my mouth b/c I was saying WAY TOO much!!!

pampered.chris said:
We are SO alike!!!! Are you my sister?! I am laughing my butt off!! My boyfriend has gone as far as to put his hand over my mouth b/c I was saying WAY TOO much!!!

DH does that to me all the time. When we go out, he says now Meredith remember watch what you say ( especially if he knows alcohol is going to be involved). I don't mean to, it just happens. I never say anything bad about my friends and people I like, just people I don't like and have been mean to me ( doesn't matter if they are someone elses friend~ ha ha~oops) He told his cousin to stick close to me in Chicago in the evenings to make sure I don't say or do anythng stupid since he can't be there. with me :)
I am beginning to think I am related to a few people on this thread. Kacey and I have decided that we are long lost sisters as well, maybe we should start a long lost sisters club :)

chefann said:

LOL!!

I don't have too many people on my list, those I do don't post too much anyways.

lol I know the feeling my hubby does the same I sometimes wonder if he does it for my sake or for his lol I know what you mean about the long lost sister club i feel the same away about a few of them on here

chefann said:

Which is why I'm scared to go to a MnG :) I would fear showing up and people saying "Who's GeorgiaPeach? We don't remember any of your posts." Kinda like being the unpopular kid at school.

I feel that way when I look at someone's profile and they have 25 friends...and I only have 2 :eek:

Wow...sounds like I need therapy!:eek:

GeorgiaPeach said:
Which is why I'm scared to go to a MnG :) I would fear showing up and people saying "Who's GeorgiaPeach? We don't remember any of your posts." Kinda like being the unpopular kid at school.

I feel that way when I look at someone's profile and they have 25 friends...and I only have 2 :eek:

Wow...sounds like I need therapy!:eek:

They say the best way to make friends is to stalk them!!
(I sent you a friendship request, you seem pretty cool to me)

Lisa,
I'd ask you to be my friend but haven't had the time to figure it out I'm like you I have 2 & I hope I did it right to accept them. By the time my life settles down enough to do it Greg will change it all up again like the stripper star colors :)

That's o.k., I don't have any friends! :cry:

Teresa Lynn said:
Lisa,
I'd ask you to be my friend but haven't had the time to figure it out I'm like you I have 2 & I hope I did it right to accept them. By the time my life settles down enough to do it Greg will change it all up again like the stripper star colors :)

Just make sure you figure it out before you try...I'd hate to be put on your ignore list by accident :)

BTW...I have just doubled my friends! :D Woo Hoo...nothing like a desperate sounding post to get people to take pity on you! LOL!

lol shawna I be your friend :) then if you wanna try the iggy button you can? lol

See I would never put any one on ignore 'cuz I'd want to antagonize them back!!

lmao
you crack me up teresa love your humor

Teresa Lynn said:

Let's just hope Greg doesn't add a feature that shows us who put us on ignore! Not sure I could handle that!

lol that could open up another can of worms right there.

So if someone's on your ignore list, do you not see any of their posts at all? Or a big blank over a post, or a missing post # in the thread?

Teresa Lynn said:

You guys are so funny. :) I just saw this thread and was curious to what's up.

I wouldn't want to ignore someone unless they were really bugging me. I'm just so nosey, I guess I like to know what controversies are going on. :) lol

babywings76 said:
So if someone's on your ignore list, do you not see any of their posts at all? Or a big blank over a post, or a missing post # in the thread?

You see the burgundy bar above their post with the text "This post is hidden because Moronica Dimwitz in on your ignore list" and there's a link to view the post (in case you're dying of curiosity).

And the iggy list is a function of the forum software. I'm sure the developers are too smart to implement a feature that would allow users to see who had them on ignore. That would just start too much trouble.

I just added you to my friends list Lisa :)

Truth is there are so many people on here that it's hard to remember everyone.

christinaspc said:
lol shawna I be your friend :) then if you wanna try the iggy button you can? lol

Thanks! I haven't tried the iggy button yet, I am just too curious to not see the trouble starting posts!!:D

chefann said:
You see the burgundy bar above their post with the text "This post is hidden because Moronica Dimwitz in on your ignore list" and there's a link to view the post (in case you're dying of curiosity).

And the iggy list is a function of the forum software. I'm sure the developers are too smart to implement a feature that would allow users to see who had them on ignore. That would just start too much trouble.

Oh my goodness...good thing I wasn't taking a drink of my tea when I read that one Ann!!:love::love:

<h2>1. How do I put someone on my iggy list?</h2><p>To put someone on your "iggy" or ignore list on social media, you will need to go to their profile or post and look for a button or option that says "ignore" or "block." This may be located under the "more" or "settings" option on their profile. Click on this button and confirm the action to add them to your iggy list.</p><h2>2. I thought there was a button by their posts that I could just hit, but I am missing it...</h2><p>Some social media platforms may have a specific button or option to ignore or block someone directly from their posts, but this may not be the case for all platforms. If you cannot find this button, try going to the person's profile and looking for the option there. If you still cannot find it, you may need to search for specific instructions for your particular platform or reach out to the platform's customer support for assistance.</p><h2>3. I did a search, and still can't find my answer!</h2><p>If you have tried searching for instructions on how to ignore someone on social media and still cannot find the answer, try reaching out to the platform's customer support or community forums for assistance. They may be able to provide more specific instructions for your particular platform or help troubleshoot any issues you may be having.</p><h2>4. TIA</h2><p>"TIA" stands for "thanks in advance" and is often used as a polite way to thank someone for their help or assistance before they have even provided it. In this context, it is likely the person is thanking others in advance for their responses to their question about putting someone on their iggy list.</p>

1. How do I put someone on my iggy list?

To put someone on your "iggy" or ignore list on social media, you will need to go to their profile or post and look for a button or option that says "ignore" or "block." This may be located under the "more" or "settings" option on their profile. Click on this button and confirm the action to add them to your iggy list.

2. I thought there was a button by their posts that I could just hit, but I am missing it...

Some social media platforms may have a specific button or option to ignore or block someone directly from their posts, but this may not be the case for all platforms. If you cannot find this button, try going to the person's profile and looking for the option there. If you still cannot find it, you may need to search for specific instructions for your particular platform or reach out to the platform's customer support for assistance.

3. I did a search, and still can't find my answer!

If you have tried searching for instructions on how to ignore someone on social media and still cannot find the answer, try reaching out to the platform's customer support or community forums for assistance. They may be able to provide more specific instructions for your particular platform or help troubleshoot any issues you may be having.

4. TIA

"TIA" stands for "thanks in advance" and is often used as a polite way to thank someone for their help or assistance before they have even provided it. In this context, it is likely the person is thanking others in advance for their responses to their question about putting someone on their iggy list.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • AJPratt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • esavvymom