• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Handle a Large Party? Tips and Tricks from Experienced Party Planners

In summary, Shari's advice is to practice what you are doing, be confident, and have fun. She also recommends doing an interactive show where guests make the recipes and she moves from group to group.
smooz
I have a party coming up Friday night and I'm still fairly new at this business. I was told by the host that there will be around 35 people coming to this party. It's going to be a coed. I'm slightly nervous due to the amount of people that are coming and not really sure how to handle it being that it will be hard to keep everyone's attention. Does anyone have any ideas on how I should handle this? Should I do an express show and keep things short and sweet? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Wow! First, congratulations on such a good projected attendence. I've never had a show that big, but I'm sure some have. I personally would try to find a way to keep it short and sweet or very hands-on to keep their attention. Sheila posted a while back about her interactive shows where she has the guests making the recipes and she just moves from group to group mentioning other uses for the products or other products they could use for the same job. That might work well for your show and keep them very active and involved. Maybe men vs. women? My thought is, based on larger shows I've done, if you try to do a regular show, you might lose their attention.I'm sure other people will have lots of great advice for you. There are such great people on this site!Shari in TX

Practice what you are doing, and be confident in whatever it is. Whether you choose to do interactive, or simply be a 'sage from the stage', have fun - be uniquely you, tell folks what a blast it is (and you even get a paycheck!?!!) whenever you mess up. People don't expect to see you perfect, they expect to see you be YOU. Probably using show cards is a great idea - makes you even more believable. Good luck; let us know how it goes!

Just saw your post - tell us how it goes!!

It was really tough! I had fun because it was a bunch of people that I knew. However, I couldn't keep their attention for more then 10 minutes. I did what I could. They devoured all the food and I winded up with $692 in sales. I was hoping for more, but I wasn't able to get in my usual spiel. So all in all it went well. I'm hoping to never have a crowd that size again! LOL

Thank you for your ideas and for the vote of confidence! :)

Usually the bigger the crowd- the shorter my demo, because it is harder to keep their attention. Usually they will selleach other on the products.
It was still a good experience for you and always encourage large attendance. You'll have more confidence and be more comfortable for your next huge show.

I had a show with 40+ people one time. I was so nervous and scared as to how to handle that many people.
I took another consultant on my team with me. We got the guests to do the recipes ( we did 3 at one time) The competed against each other to see who could follow directions, who made the best dish, etc. After a very short SPEEL I walked around to each group and helped where needed and kept it fun and entertaining. During all of this my buddy consultant was doing clean up and assisting with questions.
I also had my computer set up so during this if guests wanted to order I was available to do so. ( I made sure to have order forms and catalogs in each hand before we started, which I do not normally do until they are eating) I ended up closing that show with $2000 in sales and 3 bookings. I made sure to explain to the consultant that helped that she would not earn commission or sales, but I did give her one of my bookings and a great training night! She ended up having a $1000 show from that booking! ( Which I returned the favor and went with to help her)
All and all just breathe! The guests are overwhelmed with that many people as you are! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

1. How can I efficiently plan and prepare for a large party?

The key to handling a large party is to plan and prepare in advance. Start by making a guest list and estimating the amount of food and drinks needed. Then, create a timeline for tasks such as grocery shopping, meal prep, and setting up decorations. Don't forget to delegate tasks to others to help ease the workload.

2. What are some tips for managing a large group of people at a party?

One helpful tip is to have a designated area for food and drinks to avoid overcrowding. It's also a good idea to have a few planned activities or games to keep guests entertained. Don't be afraid to ask for help from friends or family members to assist with managing the crowd.

3. How can I make sure there is enough food for everyone at a large party?

To ensure there is enough food for everyone, it's important to have a variety of options. Consider offering a mix of appetizers, main dishes, and desserts. It's also helpful to have a rough estimate of how much each guest will eat and have a few extra dishes for unexpected guests.

4. What are some ways to keep the party organized and running smoothly?

One way to keep the party organized is to have a designated area for coats and bags. This will help prevent clutter and confusion. It's also helpful to have a schedule or timeline of events to keep things on track. Don't forget to have a backup plan in case of any unexpected issues.

5. How can I handle dietary restrictions and allergies for a large group?

To accommodate dietary restrictions and allergies, it's important to ask guests in advance for any specific needs. Consider offering a few different options to cater to different dietary needs. It's also a good idea to have labels for dishes with potential allergens listed, such as nuts or gluten, to inform guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
NooraK
  • cookingmommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
missi.robbins
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies