1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: How to enter show?!

1. funinyourkitchen

funinyourkitchen Novice Member

Okay this may be a bit confusing but here goes...I live in Louisiana and went to Georgia for a vacation & held an 'impromto' cooking show. I received 2 orders while there, both from people who live here in Louisiana one being $469!! I want to enter the show so that the host, who does live in Georgia can reap the benefits but also would like to see if it's possible to NOT make the guest with the large order pay huge shipping costs....

Also, I wanted to enter it as the show was in Georgia, so that I can use the mileage at the end of the year.

If anyone has any suggestions...please let me know.

2. taterbug

taterbug Member

Couldn't you just have the show shipped to you? Are you close enough in distance to the two people who ordered that you could deliver their products to them? If so, just enter the host information with the GA address and then select that it be shipped directly to you.

Jul 15, 2009
  3. taterbug

taterbug Member

Upon reading your post again, I see that the host will be receiving products as well. I don't know about that.....unless maybe you paid to ship it to her after you recevied it. You know, the USPS has those flat rate box fees....depending on what she orders as her host benefits, you might could go that route.

Jul 15, 2009
  4. funinyourkitchen

I was thinking about doing that. Just having it all shipped to me then personally shipping her products to her but will that affect if I can write off the mileage to Georgia at the end of the year?

5. kcmckay

kcmckay Advanced Member Gold Member

I would suggest that you see what the shipping would be to have those orders shipped direct. It may be worth it if the rest of the show is large as well so you won't have to deal with sorting and sending that one back to host. It may be worth the slight expense to do that. JMHO.

Jul 15, 2009
  6. taterbug

taterbug Member

Regardless of where the order is shipped, if you went to Georgia to do the show, then you can claim the mileage. Think about it, what if I drive thirty miles to do a show and no one makes a single purchase? I still drove there for business purposes.

Jul 15, 2009
  7. funinyourkitchen

Never thought of it that way. Thanks everyone!!

Have something to add?