• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to End a Phone Call After a No

In summary, the best way to end a conversation where you are unable to provide assistance is by apologizing and expressing interest in helping in the future. It is also a good idea to ask for permission to add the person to your newsletter mailing list and to request referrals. If the person declines, it is still important to thank them for their time and remind them that you are available for any future needs.
TheFreddiesCook
So on the phone, obviously, I cant say Here is my card, etc... So if I call someone and get No's all around, what is the best way to end the conversation, that is not just saying Ok, have a nice day?

I'd say that I was sorry I couldn't help them with anything right now, but if they are interested in the future, please let me know. Could I add you to my newsletter mailing list?

I always say if there's anything in the future that you need, just let me know. But I should ask for a referral before I do that ;)

I thank them for taking the time to talk to me, and then ask them if they would like to be added to my newsletter list (if they are not already receiving it) and then ask them for referrals.

"I understand. If anything changes please let me know. Is it okay if I check back in with you in ______ (a month/a couple of months - whatever works for the situation)?"

If yes: "Okay thanks I look forward to talking to you then but feel free to contact me if you see anything in the monthly e-newsletter that sparks your interest or if you need anything in the meantime - like recipes, tips... In the meantime I would appreciate referrals if anyone asks if you know a PC consultant. Thanks!"

If no: "Okay, well, you have my number if you ever need anything or if you see anything in the monthly e-newsletter that you are interested in. I would appreciate it if you would refer me if anyone asks if you know a PC consultant. Thanks!"

My standard is:That's just fine. You know where to find me. Please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything at all I can do for you in the future.

1. How can I politely end a phone call after being told "no"?

One way to end a phone call politely after being told "no" is to acknowledge and respect the person's decision. You can say something like, "I appreciate your time and consideration. Thank you for letting me know. Have a great day!" This shows that you understand their decision and allows you to end the call on a positive note.

2. What if the person on the phone is being rude or aggressive after saying "no"?

In this situation, it is important to remain calm and professional. You can try to diffuse the situation by saying, "I understand your frustration, but I am just doing my job. Is there anything else I can assist you with?" If the person continues to be rude or aggressive, it is best to end the call by saying, "I apologize, but I am unable to continue this conversation. Thank you for your time." It is not necessary to engage in a heated argument.

3. Is it okay to end the call abruptly after being told "no"?

While it may be tempting to end the call quickly after being told "no", it is important to still be polite and respectful. Abruptly ending the call may come across as rude or unprofessional. Take a moment to acknowledge the person's decision and end the call on a positive note.

4. How can I make sure the person understands that I am ending the call after a "no"?

To ensure that the person understands you are ending the call after a "no", you can use clear and direct language. You can say something like, "I respect your decision and will not take up any more of your time. Thank you for considering my offer." This conveys your message clearly and avoids any confusion.

5. Should I try to change the person's mind before ending the call after a "no"?

It is not necessary to try to change the person's mind before ending the call after a "no". Respect their decision and thank them for their time. If the person is open to further discussion, you can ask if there is any specific reason for their decision and address it accordingly. However, do not push or pressure them to change their mind as it may come across as rude or unprofessional.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • rebajoe
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire