• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Setting Up My First Booth at the County Fair

In summary, to set up a booth for a county fair, you will need 2 tables, white tableclothes, a CD with fair tips, and a follow up call.
apriljc
I am going to be doing my first booth at our county fair at the end of July and I am wondering how you set up for a booth? What all goes into it and how do you set it up. I have an idea but not quite sure on how to set up everything. Pls share in the ideas in what you have all done and thanks for the ideas.

I just did my first booth recently. Is yours outdoors? If outdoors, I'd recommend purchasing a 10x10 gazebo for shade/rain protection. I found one at a Super WalMart for ~$87.00.

I used 2 eight-foot tables, one in front and one in back. (My booth was set up in the middle of the street.) I "decorated" the front table to look wedding-y, using the 3-tiered stand & white SA, the SS bowls stacked and tied with white ribbon, and my 7-pc Exec cookware. We also had one of my consultant's dried wedding bouquet and cake topper on the lg SA platter.

On the back, we had the patriotic tablecloth and mid-season products.

We had a couple of decorated boxes for survey drawing slips to give away free cooking shows. Each of us initialed our own contacts so we'd know how to sort them afterward. I was there both days, and my consultants took 2 hr shifts.

I borrowed my AD's vinyl tablecloths and burgundy PC banner.

Good luck!

I would recommend an L or U shape layout for your tables, you to not want to be behind tables, and you want people to be able to com into the booth. I would to a wedding section, a section with the new summer stuff, patriotic stuff, bbq stuff, chilzanne, quick stir pitcher etc. Then a section with some of the basics, stoneware, tools, cookware, etc. Use white sheets as tableclothes (they reach to the floor and cover everything under the tables) Then use your crate or boxes, to create height and layers on your table and cover with another table cloth.

May sure you to not hide in your booth. Stand just outside and talk to everyone. Passout recipe cards, everyone wants recipes. You want to draw people in.

I always have a booking on the spot incentive, similar to book to look. At the BRU event I had the gifts on slips of paper in baby bottles. If the fair has a theme, maybe you can do something along that line as the booking incentive.

I always have raffle for something, but everyone that fills out a slip wins a free cooking show.

Booth ideasTry to get the CD "Meet the Public" - it has awesome tips for booths and fairs.

The biggest thing to do, besides whatever display you choose to create, is to change your attitude from "give" to "TAKE"... you are at a fair to TAKE info from people - take Name, Address, Phone, contact info - maybe give a business card or a HOST PACKET or an OPPORTUNITY BROCHURE with some follow up the next day.

The second thing to do, is block out time so you are sure to call everyone back within 24-36 hours of the fair. Have a drawing - but "everyone wins"...a free cooking show. YOu can do a "freebie" show with a veggie tray, or a 3-2-1 cake, or a topped roll or cookie recipe - seasons best has some great ideas that are inexpensive. YOu'll get shows off of folks who marked "not interested" in a drawing, when you go to their place for FREE!

-bring white napkins (cheap), white paper plates and white cups and you're good togo.

Finally, at your booth - try to get a Kitchen Show Live tape playing, so people "get it" as to what Pampered Chef is all about.

I have just done 2 festivals and have had wonderful success. The best advice I can give is already on here and that is call and tell everyone that they won a free cooking show. I have booked 8 shows and set up one registry and sent out 5 recruiting packets because of this. I even had a lady come up to me at the second festival and say "I won a free cooking show from last week and I need to get on your calendar." She booked the last of next month. I am double booked for all of my Saturday's in July. Free cooking shows are the way to go.

I know that everyone says to follow up within 36 hours but when you are dealing with hundreds of contacts, that is unrealistic. I call everyone who marked yes or maybe in the first week. The ones who marked no, I don't contact and have no plans to unless I need bookings later. I will however add them to my email list for newsletters.

Do people ever catch on or get mad that everyone "won" a Free cooking show? I just see so many people in groups where everyone enters to win something and will know something's up when three people all invite each other to their free show they "won"? Has anyone had trouble with this?

I don't see any responses, but this is my concern as well - what if groups of friends find out, etc.

I don't see that as a problem. If you won a $100 gift certificate, then found out that your 2 friends also each one a $100 gift certificate, would you be upset?

Another great CD from a supply order is "Booths Build Business". I seem to still give it a listen a day or two before a booth, and I've done at least 7 this year. Lots of great tips from how to set up to words to say for a variety of situations. I would highly suggest purchasing it ($2? on your supply order), it is money well spent. If you don't want to purchase find someone in your cluster that has it and ask to borrow. I only wish it was a video since they talk about 3 different set ups that they show. I think it's from a conference.

raebates said:
I don't see that as a problem. If you won a $100 gift certificate, then found out that your 2 friends also each one a $100 gift certificate, would you be upset?

I do one main prize and everyone else gets Free cooking shows. I have never had anyone complain or even comment.

Okay, I have read in two posts about giving away a free cooking show. I'm new so could someone please explain how that works?

You supply the ingredients for the demo. They supply the guests, paper products, drink, and anything else they want to serve their friends. You do one recipe!

1. How much space do I need for my booth at the county fair?

The amount of space needed for your booth will depend on the fair's guidelines and the products you plan to display. Typically, a 10x10 ft space is the standard size for most booths at county fairs.

2. What type of products should I bring to my booth?

It is important to bring a variety of products that showcase the versatility of Pampered Chef's kitchen tools. Some popular items to bring include cookware, utensils, and small appliances. You can also consider bringing demonstration materials and recipe cards to engage with customers.

3. Do I need to bring my own table and chairs for the booth?

Most county fairs will provide a table and chairs for your booth, but it is always best to double check with the fair's organizers beforehand. If they do not provide these items, be sure to bring your own to ensure a comfortable and professional setup.

4. How can I make my booth visually appealing?

Using a variety of display techniques can make your booth stand out and attract customers. Consider using height variations, colorful tablecloths, and eye-catching signage to create an inviting and visually appealing display.

5. What should I do to prepare for potential sales and transactions?

Be sure to have plenty of order forms, business cards, and payment options available at your booth. It is also a good idea to have a system in place to track sales and inventory. Consider offering special promotions or discounts to encourage sales and make sure to follow up with customers after the fair.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefShalon
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
katem51
  • chefjeanine
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • ChefChillFL