• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Demo Rubs, Sweet Sauces and Sprinkles?

In summary, the author is planning on having chicken on toothpicks to dip into the savory sauces, bread to dip into the oil dipping seasonings, pretzels for dipping in the savory sauces, tortilla chips for dipping in the savory sauces, and mini 'Nilla wafers or pound cake for the dessert sauces.
dme.grant
Hi everyone,

I have a booth tomorrow (eek! Short notice for this kind of question I know!) and I'm planning on demoing our pantry items.

I'm planning on having chicken on toothpicks to dip into the savory sauces (chicken on the rectangle platter with the sauces in the petite squares)

Also, planning on having bread to dip into the oil dipping seasonings (bread on a bamboo platter and seasonings in the petite snack bowls on the cracker tray)

Now I'm stuck for what to do with the rubs, sweet sauces, and sweet sprinkles. This is my first booth in our new community (which is tiny!) so I really want to make it something that people remember, which is the only reason I wanted to have so much for them to taste. Ususally I don't do any food at my booths, just candy around the holidays, so I'm really at a loss here.

I had thought about just having the rubs in the spice turn-about for them to smell but not sample. What do you think?

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thank you!!

I don't know if you could do this on short notice but I got 2 x 3 plastic baggies and put a tablespoon of rub (I bought the bulk packages) in them I made recipe cards with the 1/2 C Mayo 1/2 Sour Cream 1 TBS seasoning dip recipe on one side and my contact info on the other.

You could make dip with the rubs (1/2 c mayo, 1/2 c sour cream and 1 Tbs seasoning).

You could mix some sweet sprinkles into some softened cream cheese or yogurt and dip with fruit or animal crackers.

Dip pound cake into the dessert sauces.

If it's warm and outside be careful with the dips and the dairy.

As a note of caution - I'd make sure first that you can have food there without a food license. Many places don't allow food handling by unlicensed vendors. Also - even if you can have food, if it's going to be warm, I wouldn't have anything that needs to be kept at a certain temp. for food safety (meats, dairy...)

I'd have pretzels for dipping in the savory sauces, and also the dessert sauces. Maybe some tortilla chips for some of the savory sauces also, and mini 'Nilla wafers or pound cake for the dessert sauces. Keep it very simple.

Unless you have the Cool n Serve to keep the dips cool, the rubs I'd just have available for smelling, and maybe some oil dipping seasonings with french bread cubes.

Awesome ideas! Thank you!!! I really love putting the rubs into baggies with a recipe and my info on there too.

For sweet sauces, I would try a cracker or the pound cake cubes (thinking a sweet cracker....like Teddy Grahame or animal cracker type sweet....not sure what there is.)If you did a sour cream dip, have a bowl of ice that you can keep it set inside of (I would do that no matter the weather, inside or out). I would avoid chicken probably. The dips can sample the rubs easily and you TALK about the other uses.

1. How do I properly use rubs on meats?

To use rubs on meats, first pat the meat dry with a paper towel. Then, generously sprinkle the rub onto all sides of the meat, using your hands to rub it in and evenly distribute it. Let the meat sit for at least 30 minutes before cooking to allow the flavors to infuse. You can also let the rub sit on the meat overnight in the fridge for even more flavor.

2. Can I use sweet sauces for savory dishes?

Yes, you can definitely use sweet sauces for savory dishes. The key is to balance out the sweetness with other savory flavors such as herbs, spices, or acidic ingredients like vinegar or citrus juice. You can also use sweet sauces as a glaze or finishing sauce for meats or vegetables.

3. How do I incorporate sprinkles into my dishes?

Sprinkles can be used in a variety of ways to add a touch of flavor and texture to your dishes. You can sprinkle them on top of desserts like cakes, cookies, and ice cream for a fun and colorful addition. They can also be used as a topping for savory dishes like salads or roasted vegetables. Experiment with different types of sprinkles to find your favorite combinations.

4. Can I make my own rubs, sweet sauces, and sprinkles?

Yes, you can definitely make your own rubs, sweet sauces, and sprinkles at home. This allows you to customize the flavors and ingredients to your liking. For rubs, mix together your desired spices and herbs and store in an airtight container. For sweet sauces, combine ingredients like honey, maple syrup, or fruit preserves with spices and heat on the stove until thickened. For sprinkles, mix together colored sugar or sprinkles with spices, herbs, or extracts for added flavor.

5. How do I store rubs, sweet sauces, and sprinkles?

Rubs, sweet sauces, and sprinkles should be stored in airtight containers in a cool, dry place. This will help to preserve their flavors and prevent clumping. If making your own, be sure to label and date the containers for easy identification. You can also freeze or refrigerate homemade sauces for longer storage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winklermom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • liljen19
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
  • kcmckay