• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Whitefish Baked Scampi Recipe for Dinner | Quick & Delicious

In summary, this conversation discusses the preparation and cooking of whitefish scampi. It is clarified that any mild white fish can be used, including frozen whitefish, and cooking time should be adjusted accordingly. The baking time for whitefish scampi is approximately 20-25 minutes, with an internal temperature of 145°F being the desired doneness. The dish can also be made ahead of time and served with various sides such as roasted vegetables, rice, or crusty bread.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
fish? I have the recipe below premade for dinner tonight but now I'm not sure how to cook it. Do I bake it on the bar pan? On a cookie sheet? Thanks.

Whitefish Baked Scampi – serves 4
1 ½ - 2 lbs Whitefish Fillets
1 Tablespoon butter – softened
3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 Tablespoons white wine
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1-2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 ounce parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons parsley, minced

Squeeze lemon juice. In measuring cup or small bowl, combine lemon juice, wine, pressed garlic, and oil. Let sit for 10 minutes. With ½ of butter, coat bottom of freezer container or baking dish and place whitefish on top. Pour lemon mixture over top of fish. Dot remaining butter over fish, grate cheese over top, and sprinkle with parsley. If freezing, cover fish and place in freezer. May be baked from frozen. Preheat oven to 350◦, and place fish, uncovered, in oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until fish flakes when pricked with a fork. If baking immediately, bake for 10 – 15 minutes (depending on thickness of filets)

Hey! That's my recipe!:D

I bake it on the bar pan.

This was a favorite recipe when I was a personal chef. You can use frozen whitefish fillets, and make it ahead, and freeze it, and then bake it from frozen.

I love this recipe - hope you enjoy it!

YUM! That sounds good. I'll have to try it.

Oh good. I was just looking for a fish recipe. I have a customer who is buying three spice blends. I have found recipes for the Chipotle and for the Moroccan but not the Citrus and Basil blend.

How do you think that you could slightly alter this recipe to include the Citrus and Basil blend?

I'm thinking just use the spice blend INSTEAD of the parsley.

Your thoughts?

on a bar panHi there! Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend using the bar pan to bake your Whitefish Baked Scampi. It is a versatile pan that can handle a variety of dishes, including fish. Simply preheat your oven to 350 degrees and place the fish on the bar pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. I hope this helps and that you enjoy your dinner tonight! Happy cooking!

1. Can I substitute the whitefish for another type of fish?

Yes, you can use any mild white fish such as cod, tilapia, or haddock for this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time according to the thickness of the fish.

2. Can I use frozen whitefish for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen whitefish for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw it completely before cooking and pat it dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture.

3. How long does it take to bake the whitefish scampi?

The whitefish scampi takes about 20-25 minutes to bake in the oven. It's important to check for an internal temperature of 145°F to ensure it is fully cooked.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the whitefish scampi ahead of time and keep it covered in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. Simply take it out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature before baking.

5. What side dishes pair well with this whitefish scampi?

This whitefish scampi goes well with a variety of side dishes such as roasted vegetables, rice, or a simple green salad. You can also serve it with crusty bread to soak up the delicious sauce.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC