• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Effectively Clean a Salad Chopper?

In summary, the blades of the salad chopper can be cleaned with warm soapy water and a sponge, or it can be put in the dishwasher. If food gets stuck in the crevices, use a small brush or toothpick to gently remove it. The salad chopper is safe to use on non-stick surfaces and should be cleaned after each use or in between chopping different ingredients to prevent buildup and maintain sharpness.
avelissar
Hi Everyone,

I am having a hard time cleaning the salad chopper. No matter how hard I try, chicken keeps getting stuck between the scissor and the plastic. How do you solve this problem? I used them to shred chicken.

Thanks!

Andrea

AZPampered Chef said:
I use a tootpick when I need to.

This works for me too...

avelissar said:
Hi Everyone,

I am having a hard time cleaning the salad chopper. No matter how hard I try, chicken keeps getting stuck between the scissor and the plastic. How do you solve this problem? I used them to shred chicken.

Thanks!

Andrea

I have a Citrus Peeler next to my sink, it works GREAT for lots of nooks & crannies....

Hi Andrea,

I completely understand your frustration with cleaning the salad chopper. One trick I have found helpful is to soak the chopper in warm soapy water for a few minutes before attempting to clean it. This helps to loosen any stubborn food particles and makes it easier to clean. Another tip is to use a small brush or toothpick to gently remove any chicken that may be stuck in the scissor mechanism. I hope these suggestions help and make cleaning your salad chopper a little easier. Happy cooking!

Best,

1. How do I clean the blades of the salad chopper?

The blades of the salad chopper can be easily cleaned by hand using warm soapy water and a sponge. Be sure to rinse thoroughly and dry completely before storing.

2. Can I put the salad chopper in the dishwasher?

Yes, the salad chopper is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash for best results and longevity of the product.

3. What should I do if food gets stuck in the crevices of the blades?

If food gets stuck in the crevices of the blades, use a small brush or toothpick to gently remove it. Avoid using sharp objects that could damage the blades.

4. Is the salad chopper safe to use on non-stick surfaces?

Yes, the salad chopper is safe to use on non-stick surfaces. The blades are made of a non-scratch material to prevent damage to your cookware.

5. How often should I clean my salad chopper?

It is recommended to clean your salad chopper after each use to prevent buildup of food particles and maintain its sharpness. However, if you are using it to chop different ingredients, it is best to clean it in between to avoid cross-contamination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
Replies
Views
Staci
  • cheflorraine
  • Products and Tips
Replies