• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Clean Your Grill Basket? Here are Some Tips!

Mine doesn't look as good as yours does after one use, but it still looks good. I think my dishwasher just doesn't get it as clean as yours does.
flemings99
Gold Member
Used my grill basket for the 1st time last night, but can't seem to get it "pretty" again. Suggestions.

I scrub mine with the kitchen brush then throw it in the dishwasher.

It will not get "pretty" again. It is supposed to brown with use.

The basket doesn't get as clean as what i like in the D/W - so I scrub mine with the Kitchen Brush and/or scrubbing pad.

I tried the stainless cleaner but it didn't work. Seems like too much trouble to make it "pretty". I think I will get a second one strictly for shows.

I haven't even been bringing mine to shows (cuz I have used it, so it looks yucky) but they are selling like CRAZY!

Mine is clean (no food, or residue that I can feel) but it's black in parts...HO said that is normal with use.

http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/1226617200

DessertDivaFL said:
I tried the stainless cleaner but it didn't work. Seems like too much trouble to make it "pretty". I think I will get a second one strictly for shows.

My suggestion...Don't.
It shows you use it, love it and what they should expect. I could see if it looked defective, but they should know or you will get some calls!
JMHO:D

:blushing: Thanks for the help. Bascially clean, just has a few black spots here and there. Didn't realize that was normal. We're not grill pros here

flemings99 said:
:blushing: Thanks for the help. Bascially clean, just has a few black spots here and there. Didn't realize that was normal. We're not grill pros here

No worries! I wasn't expecting it to turn black, either! Only way I knew it was OK was through some posts on here, and folks who had spoken with HO! That's what we are all here for!! :D

http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/1226617200

I just got mine, so this info is good to know. I probably would have freaked if mine turned black, etc and would've been asking on here about it.

Koolotus said:
My suggestion...Don't.
It shows you use it, love it and what they should expect. I could see if it looked defective, but they should know or you will get some calls!
JMHO:D

Never thought of it that way. That's why I LOVE THIS SITE! You guys always think of something I wouldn't have. Thanks for the suggestion.

Is grill basket good for fish? I still haven't used mine yet. Soon though!

smspamperedchef said:
Is grill basket good for fish? I still haven't used mine yet. Soon though!
Yes, I used mine for fish on Saturday..... it saved me a huge mess on my grill! I just sprayed the bottom with the spritzer and it stuck a little but not near as bad than without it!!
I will use it for this from now on!
My next use for it..... I'm going to buy some veggies today, like what's on the newest catalog, and roast them.... Hopefully my family will like this!

I use a brillo pad on my grill basket.... works good! Still looks used but not disgusting! It cleans it up and it looks good enough to show at a show and it shows that I do use it! (all the time!)

I just rinse mine off and then throw it in the dishwasher, it comes out looking new. Granted I have only used it like 3 times. But I have been selling so many of them, I had one lady place an order for 4.

Funny thing ~ I've never used my dishwasher to clean this! I think next time I'll try! Hmmmmm!!!!;)

1. How do I clean my grill basket?

To clean your grill basket, start by removing any leftover food or debris. Then, soak the basket in warm, soapy water for about 10-15 minutes. Use a soft-bristled brush or sponge to scrub the basket, paying special attention to any stuck-on food. Rinse the basket with clean water and dry thoroughly before storing.

2. Can I put my grill basket in the dishwasher?

It depends on the material of your grill basket. Some grill baskets are dishwasher-safe, while others are not. Check the manufacturer's instructions or packaging to see if your grill basket is safe to put in the dishwasher.

3. How do I remove burnt-on residue from my grill basket?

To remove stubborn burnt-on residue, mix equal parts baking soda and water to create a paste. Apply the paste to the affected areas and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then, use a sponge or brush to scrub the residue off. Rinse with clean water and dry before storing.

4. Can I use a metal brush to clean my grill basket?

It is not recommended to use a metal brush on your grill basket, as it can scratch and damage the surface. Instead, use a soft-bristled brush or sponge to clean your grill basket.

5. How often should I clean my grill basket?

It is important to clean your grill basket after each use to prevent the buildup of bacteria and to maintain its longevity. However, if you are using your grill basket frequently, you may want to give it a deep clean with warm, soapy water every few uses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMommyof3Boys
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • JanisF
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • susanr613