• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Clean Cutting Boards: Tips and Tricks?

In summary, to clean a cutting board, begin by rinsing it with hot water and using a mixture of warm water and dish soap to scrub it with a sponge or brush. For tougher stains, a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar can be used. Whether or not a cutting board can be put in the dishwasher depends on the material, so it's best to check manufacturer's instructions. It's important to clean a cutting board after each use to prevent bacteria growth, and for tough stains, a paste of baking soda and water or coarse salt and lemon can be used. Bleach is not recommended for cleaning cutting boards, and white vinegar is a natural and effective disinfectant.
lovescooking
Gold Member
I sure could use some help with this one. Does anyone have tips on how to clean the cuttings boards? Mine are stained and I do wash after each use.
Any help would be appreciated.

I put them in the dishwasher. Every so often I spray them with Clorox Clean-up

Soaking them in bleach water works pretty well.

I pour a bit of bleach directly onto them, they look like new, for a period of time till I use and stain them up again.

I put them in the dishwasher and when they are stained I use Soft Scrub with bleach--brush it on with the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush and then let it sit awhile til the stains fade.

Thanks for the tips. I just tried the bleach and it looks great. Not to mention the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush looks better also.
Thanks again for the help!!

My kitchen brush goes in the dishwasher every few cycles.

If they get real stained and cut up you can take an electric sander to them and make them look brand new. Use extra fine sandpaper for one minute on each side. I've done this with the old one's several times. I haven't needed to do it with the new one. But when I do I'll need to use caution around the grey edges.

I thought about doing that today after I got the stains out. I do put my cutting board and kitchen brush in the dishwasher but sometimes not all of the stains will come out. Nice to know that the bleach works.

Mine get bleached any time raw chicken touches them.

1. How do I clean my cutting board?

To clean your cutting board, start by rinsing it with hot water to remove any loose debris. Then, use a mixture of warm water and dish soap to scrub the board with a sponge or brush. Rinse again with hot water and dry with a clean towel. For tougher stains or odors, you can also use a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar to disinfect the board.

2. Can I put my cutting board in the dishwasher?

It depends on the material of your cutting board. Plastic and glass cutting boards can usually be safely washed in the dishwasher, but wooden cutting boards should not be put in the dishwasher as it can cause warping and cracking. It's always best to check the manufacturer's instructions for specific care recommendations.

3. How often should I clean my cutting board?

It's important to clean your cutting board after each use to prevent bacteria growth. If you are cutting raw meat, poultry, or fish, it's recommended to clean the board immediately after use with hot soapy water and disinfect with white vinegar. For daily use with vegetables and fruits, a quick rinse and scrub with hot water and soap should suffice.

4. How do I remove stains from my cutting board?

For tough stains on plastic or glass cutting boards, you can make a paste of baking soda and water and scrub it onto the stain with a sponge or brush. Let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing with hot water. For wooden cutting boards, sprinkle coarse salt on the stain and use half a lemon to scrub the salt into the wood. Rinse with hot water and dry with a clean towel.

5. Can I use bleach to clean my cutting board?

Bleach is not recommended for cleaning cutting boards as it can damage the surface and leave a strong odor. If you want to disinfect your cutting board, opt for white vinegar instead. It's a natural and effective disinfectant that won't harm your cutting board.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • Shannen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shannen
Replies
Views
ParishKitchen