• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Canceling My Parties: Tips and Advice for Consultants

are you sure you're not just not inspired to do parties anymore? Hello all...I'm not in much of a PC mood lately...for about a month steadily, but off and on prior to that. I have 2 parties booked in the next 4 weeks....and honestly, I just can't be bothered to do them. I know that's horrible. I really like PC and think they are amazing, but it's me and my motivation and drive. It's just not there...wish it were, but it's not. I dread the thought of packing up all my stuff to take to the shows I have booked....I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to how to handle
chef tso
Hello all...

I'm not in much of a PC mood lately...for about a month steadily, but off and on prior to that. I have 2 parties booked in the next 4 weeks....and honestly, I just can't be bothered to do them. I know that's horrible. I really like PC and think they are amazing, but it's me and my motivation and drive. It's just not there...wish it were, but it's not. I dread the thought of packing up all my stuff to take to the shows I have booked....I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to how to handle these last shows. I don't want to do them. Should I just be completely honest with the hostesses and offer them catalog shows or numbers to other consultants in the area? Or do I just do it. I know my feelings won't really change much even if I do finish off the shows....I'm not much of a motivated, go getter kind of person and I give up on things easy...even when they are working out great.

Thanks for any words of advice!

Tracy

Hmm... I don't know if I can offer good advice, but my thoughts at least.

I would offer the shows to local consultants. Let the host know that things in your life have changed, and unfortunately you are not able to do the shows for them, but you still want them to have that great PC experience they were looking forward to. Let them know you've found someone to do the show for them, and give them the contact information. Of course, give the host's info to the consultant too. Or do a 3-way call to introduce them.

You're not under any obligation to explain to the host the reasons why. And it's probably easier that way too. They won't get the wrong idea or misunderstand your reasonings and think something is wrong with PC.

HTH.

I'd contact other consultants in your area and see if they're interested in doing them, without giving out any customer information. Then, contact the customers and see if they are ok with you passing along their information, as you are unable to do the shows. That way if there are bookings, someone can benefit from them, plus the hostess will be getting a good PC experience!

I'm sorry you're not feeling PC...is there something maybe your Director can do to help?

chef tso said:
Hello all...

I'm not in much of a PC mood lately...for about a month steadily, but off and on prior to that. I have 2 parties booked in the next 4 weeks....and honestly, I just can't be bothered to do them. I know that's horrible. I really like PC and think they are amazing, but it's me and my motivation and drive. It's just not there...wish it were, but it's not. I dread the thought of packing up all my stuff to take to the shows I have booked....I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to how to handle these last shows. I don't want to do them. Should I just be completely honest with the hostesses and offer them catalog shows or numbers to other consultants in the area? Or do I just do it. I know my feelings won't really change much even if I do finish off the shows....I'm not much of a motivated, go getter kind of person and I give up on things easy...even when they are working out great.

Thanks for any words of advice!

Tracy

In my opion you shoud explain to the host that you are unable to do the party due to some factors but you would love to refer them to another consultant in their area or if they wish make it a catalog show. I think this is best because you are a represntative of Pampered Chef and if you are not enthusiatic about your job it dosent look good. Also there may be people intrested in booking a party and you would hate that business to be lost. But just my opion (I am new so take that into consideration)

I dread the thought of packing up all my stuff to take to the shows I have booked..
I completely get this, which is why I no longer do shows unless they are at my home.
However, if I'd committed to them, I'd go ahead and do them.Another thought is, check and see if someone in your cluster has those dates open and would be interested. If you find someone, then call the hostess and ask whether she'd prefer a catalog show or having another consultant step in. Of course the other consultant would get the commissions and future bookings...

Tracy:

I have to ask what was your why factor for signing up? Did you get what you wanted out of it and you are done? or is it just about dragging the products?

I have to say for me, there have been several times in my biz that I just wasn't feeling it and considered throwing in the towel. I think this is totally normal. However, I'm so glad I stuck with it. Personal growth, free stuff and best of all I'm reaching my goals & will be on my first incentive trip this summer.

It sounds like you really love PC. If you need a boost go to a local meeting if you aren't. Remember why you started in the first place.

As far as what you are taking: just take what you need. If you don't like bringing lots of heavy stuff, pick recipes that don't require big heavy things or modify them with other products. You can always refer guest to the catalog for those items you'd rather not bring.

If you truly are done, I'd either give the shows all you have or as others have said pass them along.

Best wishes with whatever decision you make.

I totally agree with everything Barb said. God bless!

I agree with Barb...before throwing in the towel, figure out what it is that bothers you. Is it just some specific detail about the show or process that maybe just needs tweaking. We all make adjustments to better fit our lifestyle/needs. I know I don't take as much as I used to, and it's so much better- at least THAT part. :) Still tweaking others...but I like this and don't want to quit yet.But if you do decide to resign or not put in 100%, I'd do what Noora suggested and try to find a consultant who can do the shows- ask your director or recruiter if you don't know anyone personally. At least that way, if the host is willing, another consultant can get the Company Incentives (like the trip points). Good luck.

I have done PC for 10 years, and have been toying with the whole burnout thing a little bit too. What helped me was sitting down and making a list of the things I LOVE about my job, and the things I'm not too keen on. Then I worked on the not too keen stuff a little bit at a time to change/modify it so it didn't annoy me so much. VOILA--I'm back in the groove--had a $5500 month in January. Maybe that will help?

I felt this same way after Christmas. When I have a long gap w/out shows, I dread packing up everything and doing a party, but once I get there, its fun. Its easy to get out of the groove. What about doing the 1st one and seeing if it feels better? Then you can decide if you want to keep going or pass the other ones on to someone else.

Sandi

1. How do I cancel my Pampered Chef party?

To cancel your Pampered Chef party, you can contact your consultant directly or call the customer service number at 1-888-687-2433. You can also cancel your party through the Pampered Chef website by logging into your account and selecting the "My Parties" tab.

2. Can I cancel my party at any time?

Yes, you can cancel your Pampered Chef party at any time. However, it is recommended to cancel at least 24 hours before the scheduled party to give your consultant enough time to make any necessary changes.

3. Will I be charged any fees for canceling my party?

No, there are no fees for canceling your Pampered Chef party. However, if you cancel your party after your consultant has already purchased supplies or made preparations, it is considered a courtesy to still pay for those expenses.

4. Can I reschedule my party instead of canceling it?

Yes, you can reschedule your Pampered Chef party by contacting your consultant or customer service. You can also reschedule through the website by selecting the "My Parties" tab and choosing the option to reschedule.

5. Will I lose my host rewards if I cancel my party?

If you cancel your Pampered Chef party, you will no longer be eligible for the host rewards. However, if you reschedule your party, your host rewards will still be honored for the new date and time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
3RingChef