• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Soon Did You Do Cooking Shows After Having a Baby?

In summary, the conversation is about a person who is due in mid-July and is trying to plan when they will schedule their first cooking shows after delivering. They are looking for advice from others who have had babies while running their business and are wondering how soon they can start doing shows after delivery. The conversation also touches on the topic of having help at home and the healing process after birth. Some people suggest waiting a few weeks before starting shows, while others were able to start sooner. One person mentions waiting 15 years before starting their business.
Bren706
Gold Member
I am due in mid-July, and am trying to plan my calendar of when I will schedule my first cookings shows after delivering.

For those that have had babies while having their PC business (my first 2 were born before I started with PC), how soon did you go back to doing cookings hows? I especially want to hear from those that average 6-8 shows a month (or more).

I plan on having catalog shows going on, but I also want to stay on track for earning the Disney trip!!!

I did my first show 2 weeks after I had my son. But - that was because it was with a good friend, and her show was already scheduled, and the invitations sent the day before I went into labor! (he came a month early!) I took Micah with me, and she held him the entire time I did the "demo". (I brought a prebaked brownie, and we did an ice cream sundae bar)

That was the beginning of June. I just did a couple shows a month that whole summer, and started back up in September with a regular show schedule.

Well it all depends on you and how you heal. Have you had natural births or C-sections? after baby #2 and 2nd c-section I did not do a live shoe for 8 weeks but I had catalog shows. I would say it also depends on the level of help you have at home and from friends and family. If you have an easy birth I can't see why you couldn't do a show within 10 days to a week.

I started the business when my daughter was 5 weeks old.

The only concern i would have is 1. are you BF and how soon do you want to get out and about and work and 2) can you get help carrying stuff in and out I would personaly wait 4 weeks just to give me my own personal space My doc would say 6. she TRYS to limit everything until my 6 week check just to cover all bases. after 6 weeks most women go back to work in corp world.... 8 with C-sect (I am lucky and get 10-12) if this is your first i would wait if not... you know your body find your comfort spot

Ha, ha! I waited 15 years.....wish it was sooner!!! :p

I joined in Sept when I was about four months along. My last show was December b/c I was put on bedrest after that. My son was born 4 weeks early in late Jan & I did my first live show in early Feb.

1. How soon after having a baby can I start doing cooking shows for Pampered Chef?

The timing for returning to work after having a baby is a personal decision and can vary for each individual. We recommend consulting with your doctor and considering your own physical and emotional readiness before resuming work.

2. Do I need to disclose to my guests that I have recently had a baby?

No, there is no requirement to disclose personal information about your family or personal life to guests. However, if you are comfortable sharing this information, it can help build a stronger connection with your guests.

3. Will Pampered Chef provide any accommodations for new mothers during cooking shows?

Yes, we understand the demands of having a new baby and want to support our consultants in any way we can. Please reach out to your team leader or customer service for any accommodations or adjustments needed during cooking shows.

4. Can I bring my baby with me to cooking shows?

Bringing your baby to cooking shows is ultimately up to your personal preference and comfort level. However, we recommend considering the potential distractions and making arrangements for childcare if possible.

5. Will my income be affected if I take time off after having a baby?

Your income may be affected if you take time off after having a baby, as with any job. However, Pampered Chef offers a flexible schedule and the opportunity to work from home, which can help balance work and family responsibilities. You can also discuss any concerns with your team leader to find a solution that works for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedCaniac
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • lockhartkitchen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Bren706