1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales How should I handle this ...

1. sailortena

sailortena Member

OK, today at work I made a scrupious fruit tarty thing and brought it to work announcing my business. I am even doing a "spring preview" catalog show with the new catalog and not turning it in until after March 1.

My problem is this: almost two months ago a coworker started passing out catalogs for his wife who was having a show. He is just NOW collecting payments for orders made in early January, and now I have people saying, "Gee I wish I had ordered from you instead!!" because they had not gotten what they ordered yet!

My worries is that it is going to hamper my reputation as a PC consultant here because a host with another consultant has taken so long to close a show! I'm really worried about what to do.

I think some people are avoiding me at work now. :(

Feb 22, 2006
  2. LindaK

LindaK Member

I would let them know I understand that they might be a bit pampered out and let it go for a while. Then maybe later show some of the new color that comes out in March...or in May the HWC products, or the mid-season BBQ/Picnic things...gradually...

Before I joined PC we used to space out our shows here at work because we all wanted everything, but couldn't afford to buy it all at once. The products are great...people do want them. BUT, people don't like to be sold to...they like to buy and there is a difference.

Feb 22, 2006
Have something to add?