• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it Okay to Share My Personal Story in My Business?

In summary, Kelly shared with her director and others about why she started her own Pampered Chef business, and how it has helped her in many ways.
KellyM
My director and I recently brainstormed about how to get more shows going for me. One of the things she said was that I should share with people my personal story - about why this is more than just a fun hobby.

And then I sat down and thought about what finally made me decide to become a consultant.

I realized that my story IS personal and not just about "yay! free products!" but I'm not sure if its TOO personal to share.

My husband had a heart attack last October and I am on a mission for us to eat healthier and make our meals at home. We are also struggling under the weight of bills from his stay in the hospital and the :)eek:) cost of the surgery(s). We were lucky and had insurance, but even the co-pays are staggering.

So I got into Pampered Chef as a second job with flexible schedule (because my 9-5 is not so 9-5!) and good earning potential.

So how much of this do I share?

I don't want to come across as begging, but I could really use the "sympathy" help.

Thanks for the advice!

it is not to personal share it. there r meany others in the same boat and they may want a second job as well.

Kelly, I really feel that you could share this without worrying that you are begging or that you are telling too much. I have heard much more personal stories than that from other consultants. Speak from the heart and people will get it. You might just find some people who are looking for just what you found in Pampered Chef. I hope your husband continues to heal.

Just in that brief description, you will have touch SO MANY people! My story too is quite personal, and at times, a bit "touchy" when sharing with older people in the crowd. I do it anyway because its real and everyone appreciates real.

Here's how I tell my story:

Every Pampered Chef consultant starts their business for a different reason. Some are looking to help pay for an unexpected bill, some want a debt free holiday, some are simply looking for some fun and a great discount on products. And of course, some are looking for a career. I wasn't looking for any of that. I started my business because of my mother-in-law. She had been living with us for 3 years with no problems. It was great infact, because she loved to clean and she loved to garden. So I had the cleanest house and the best looking gardens in the neighborhood and I didn't have to lift a finger or shell out a penny. Then Christmas of 2009 came. She went to Texas to visit with family and friends and returned to us with full blown dementia, which has now developed into alzheimers. On January 8th, 2010 my life took a 180* turn when I went to the airport to pick her up and she didn't know who I was. Up until that day I had a very easy life-stay at home, homeschooling, hockey mom. On Jan. 8th 2010, I became a full time care giver, something I was totally unprepared for. After about 2 months of insane chaos and unimaginable stress, I told my husband I needed something to get me out of the house to relieve my stess. He was very supportive, with the guidelines that it couldn't cost him anything nor could it interfere with his schedule. Thus I started my PC business in April 2010 doing 2 shows a month. It immediately had such a profound impact on me- it motivated me, encouraged me, gave me self-confidence I never knew I had, and I made some money. And of course, my husband experienced these effects as well so when I mentioned wanting to step up my business he was all for it. This year I promoted to director, we went on our first all expenses paid vacation courtsey of the Pampered Chef, and I made enough money to consistantly pay all our household bills, minus the rent.

I share personal stuff! But I do filter it with some humor to lighten it up because my intent is to connect with people, let them know a bit more about me, and most important, let them know that EVERYONE has a story, and they can too.

It seems OK to me but I'm an empathic sort. You could explain it without the drama, saying you were foisted into the role of caregiver and how PC offered you a break from that isolating and demanding routine and gave you new confidence and some money...

You'd probably be surprised how many people find themselves in very similar situations or know people who are. It's not too personal at all.

1. How much personal information should I share at a Pampered Chef party?

At Pampered Chef, we value and respect your privacy. We recommend sharing only the amount of personal information that you are comfortable with. It is completely up to you to decide how much you want to share during the party.

2. Can I ask personal questions to the Pampered Chef consultant during the party?

Yes, you are welcome to ask questions to the consultant during the party. However, please keep in mind that the consultant may not be comfortable sharing personal information. It is important to respect their boundaries and only ask questions that are relevant to the products or the party.

3. Is it appropriate to share personal stories or experiences during the party?

It is completely up to you if you want to share personal stories or experiences during the party. However, please be mindful that not everyone may feel comfortable sharing personal information in a group setting. It is always a good idea to ask for consent before sharing personal stories.

4. Can I share personal information about others at the party?

We ask that you respect the privacy of others at the party and refrain from sharing personal information about them without their consent. It is important to remember that not everyone may be comfortable with their personal information being shared in a group setting.

5. How can I ensure that my personal information is kept confidential at a Pampered Chef party?

At Pampered Chef, we take your privacy very seriously. We have strict policies in place to ensure that all personal information shared during the party is kept confidential. If you have any concerns, please feel free to speak to the consultant or contact our customer service team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpnina
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
janej76
  • bearhall04
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
bearhall04
  • 1995tucker