• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Connecting with a Lead: How Long Should I Wait?

Great advice!I agree. I have lost leads because I didn't want to "bug" them. Call, leave a nice message and say you'll keep trying, then call again.I lost a recruit lead b/c I didn't want to bug her - of course she just walked as a director at NC, having started with someone else! You've heard it before - either follow up or they will find someone who will!PChefPEI.....What do you intend to use for your contact management? I am struggling with that right now. I love paper and a notebook for some things but for contacts and reminders I am thinking I need something electronic. I think it will
melaniepc
do you try to connect with a lead given to you? I was given a phone number from my last host because she wanted to host a show. I called her Sunday and haven't heard anything back. How long do you wait until after a call to call again? Or would you send a quick note by mail?

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

It really depends on the lead. Generally I'll try a few times the first week, then cut back. A reminder that you need to get a date set for her friend to get the "booking bonus" and that it's okay to say no usually helps me.

melaniepc said:
do you try to connect with a lead given to you? I was given a phone number from my last host because she wanted to host a show. I called her Sunday and haven't heard anything back. How long do you wait until after a call to call again? Or would you send a quick note by mail? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
The best advice I have ever been given concerning this is that "It's Not Their Job To Call You - It's Your Job To Call Them!"Never wait for a call back - it won't happen!And, at this time of the year - there may be vacations, etc...so you really need to keep calling until you can talk to someone.

Here's what I've learned from Julie Weitz....this may have my own little twist on it, 'cause I can't remember for sure. I would like to start doing this too, and I think I'll be able to once I have my contact management plan in place.

Call weekly for a month. Call monthly after that. Make sure to say in your message that you will keep trying until you're told to stop (in a nice way! ;)) We just have to remember that people get busy and most do appreciate it that we keep trying them. We're not all they think about....:eek: ;)

PChefPEI said:
Here's what I've learned from Julie Weitz....this may have my own little twist on it, 'cause I can't remember for sure. I would like to start doing this too, and I think I'll be able to once I have my contact management plan in place.

Call weekly for a month. Call monthly after that. Make sure to say in your message that you will keep trying until you're told to stop (in a nice way! ;)) We just have to remember that people get busy and most do appreciate it that we keep trying them. We're not all they think about....:eek: ;)

I agree. I have lost leads because I didn't want to "bug" them. Call, leave a nice message and say you'll keep trying, then call again.

I lost a recruit lead b/c I didn't want to bug her - of course she just walked as a director at NC, having started with someone else! You've heard it before - either follow up or they will find someone who will!

I usually give it 2 or 3 days between calls, but that could totally be wrong.

PChefPEI.....What do you intend to use for your contact management? I am struggling with that right now. I love paper and a notebook for some things but for contacts and reminders I am thinking I need something electronic. I think it will get too cumbersome to carry all of my contact info written in my notebook. Anyone else with suggestions would be appreciated!

Great advice!

would you also do the same for customer care calls?

I love Lynn Conway's advise on leaving messages - going along the lines of "It's your job to call them back." She said when you leave a message say, "I will keep trying until we connect, but, if you'd like to call me back, my number is..." She also mentions that people often don't respond until somewhere between the 5th and the 12th call! On call 4 or 5 you can say if you don't want me to call anymore that is fine just leave me a voicemail or something and let me know. She says that often times when you leave that message you'll get a call back, "oh, no! It's not that I don't want you to contact me any more! I've just been busy!"I love her! She has so many great tips!

1. How long should I wait before following up with a lead?

The general rule of thumb is to wait no longer than 48 hours after initial contact to follow up with a lead. This shows that you are interested and engaged, but also respects the lead's time and gives them enough breathing room to consider your initial conversation.

2. What if the lead hasn't responded to my initial contact?

If the lead hasn't responded to your initial contact, it's best to wait a week before following up. This gives them enough time to review your information and potentially reach out to you. If you still don't hear back after a week, you can follow up again or move on to other leads.

3. How often should I follow up with a lead?

It's important to find a balance when following up with leads. You don't want to be too pushy, but you also don't want to be forgotten. A good rule of thumb is to follow up every 1-2 weeks, but adjust based on the level of interest and engagement from the lead.

4. Is it appropriate to follow up with a lead on a weekend or holiday?

It's generally best to avoid following up with leads on weekends or holidays. These are times when people are likely to be busy with family and friends, and may not be focused on work or business opportunities. It's best to wait until a weekday to follow up, unless the lead has specifically indicated that they prefer to be contacted on weekends.

5. Should I wait for the lead to reach out to me first?

While it's always great when a lead reaches out to you first, it's important to take the initiative and follow up if you haven't heard from them after a reasonable amount of time. This shows that you are proactive and interested in their business, and can help move the conversation forward.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PChefPEI
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pinkunicorn