• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Often Do You Follow Up with Customers for Customer Care Calls?

In summary, Lizzie sells PCs and has been lazy in following up with customers. She has recently been working more and has decided to change her strategy. She is going to send Easter cards with letters that highlight what she can offer her customers (show/fundraiser/consultant). She will also call her customers after Easter to check on their order and offer support.
cheflk
I have sold PC for 2 years, but just recently have been working it more. I'm wondering how often you follow up with your customers as far as Customer Care calls (i.e., wanna have a show calls). I do not want to be pushy and annoying. Sometimes I ask if I can check back. Many times they will say, I'll call you... Hmmm....

Thoughts? I'd love to hear how you do it!

Thanks,
lk

I dont know how it works in the US, but I must admit I have been really lazy in following up with a lot of the 'don't know' people. So I got all my slips out last night and started sending little easter cards with a letter saying that I hoped they were finding their PC products hepful and enclosed a recipe sheet specific to their purchases. The letter also highlighted what I could offer them show/fundraiser/consultant wise and directed them to my website and my contact number for further info. Then I will phone after Easter to check they received it, had a good Easter and whether anything appealed to them. Am going to do the letters and recipe sheets for every person who orders at shows fromnow on - say about 2 weeks after the show.

HTH

Lizzie

funmom said:
I dont know how it works in the US, but I must admit I have been really lazy in following up with a lot of the 'don't know' people. So I got all my slips out last night and started sending little easter cards with a letter saying that I hoped they were finding their PC products hepful and enclosed a recipe sheet specific to their purchases. The letter also highlighted what I could offer them show/fundraiser/consultant wise and directed them to my website and my contact number for further info. Then I will phone after Easter to check they received it, had a good Easter and whether anything appealed to them. Am going to do the letters and recipe sheets for every person who orders at shows fromnow on - say about 2 weeks after the show.

HTH

Lizzie

That's a nice thought to do! I like that idea! Please let us know the results of this!

I would love to have the time to do CCC. I work a FT job and really only have from 7-9 p.m. at night to get on the phone. That is usually reserved for host coaching calls and follow up with those for bookings. Then there is also show dates....never seems to be enough time in the day for consultants who work FT.

pkd09 said:
I would love to have the time to do CCC. I work a FT job and really only have from 7-9 p.m. at night to get on the phone. That is usually reserved for host coaching calls and follow up with those for bookings. Then there is also show dates....never seems to be enough time in the day for consultants who work FT.

do you get a lunch break? I make CCC during my lunch. The great thing is, most people are working so you just leave a message. To me, it still looks great that you're calling to check in. If they have an issue or a question, they'll call you.

Winnipegk said:
do you get a lunch break? I make CCC during my lunch. The great thing is, most people are working so you just leave a message. To me, it still looks great that you're calling to check in. If they have an issue or a question, they'll call you.

Ooh! Great idea! Thank you!

I only get 30 minutes for lunch. If they have called I.D. they probably would panic (I work for a police department). I don't give out my cell phone number but to close friends, family and only my downline....not customers.

jenniwest04 said:
That's a nice thought to do! I like that idea! Please let us know the results of this!

will do - although really getting into the swing of it last night and ran out of printer ink:mad:!!!!! just waiting for my ordered ink to arrive (hopefully tomorrow) and then back into it! :p

Good luck everyone else with making the calls - I personally dread the phone, so hope this way works out a bit for me!!!:blushing:

I usually call after they get their products before the 30 days is up. Rarely get anything from it but have had people comment that it is nice.

Today, I called a contact from a show three years ago because I found an old order form and thought she had recruit potential. It was 10:30 in the morning and she answered. She had only ordered the rice cooker and she loves it - uses it every week. Didn't want to host a show or become a recruit but was excited to be added to my newsletter list. When her rice cooker nice, she'll call me for a replacement. So, it wasn't a "success' but she was positive and I still felt good.

Ummmm.....hmmmm....yeah, I've heard of this practice and it's a GREAT one....but putting it actually into practice, well, let's just say I am NOT good at that!!! I have been very blessed by my business and just honestly don't have the time, or at least it seems like I don't. I used to do them from time to time, but now it just slips by the way side. The Big MAC calls used to be a good practice of mine too! They really do work - if you work them. Guess I should practice what I preach!!

c00p said:
Ummmm.....hmmmm....yeah, I've heard of this practice and it's a GREAT one....but putting it actually into practice, well, let's just say I am NOT good at that!!! I have been very blessed by my business and just honestly don't have the time, or at least it seems like I don't. I used to do them from time to time, but now it just slips by the way side. The Big MAC calls used to be a good practice of mine too! They really do work - if you work them. Guess I should practice what I preach!!

I'm lost... can you tell me what these are?

I started doing customer care calls faithfully after National Conference 08. There were so many consultants who said it was a must do. I do agree. You don't always get something from it, but it keeps your name in their mind when Pampered CHef is mentioned.

I let everyone know at the show that I will be giving them a call approx 30 days after this show to see how they like the products. Many will still not have taken them out of the box and will ask what the tips were again.

I don't get alot of bookings from these calls but I do get an occasional order or a call back in a month or two.:thumbup:

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I'm lost... can you tell me what these are?
The Big MAC calls are "Morning After Calls" - you make them the morning after your show and basically you start them off by asking if they had a good time last night, etc. THEN, you simply say, "I was wondering if you had any questions about the business opportunity that you didn't have a chance to ask last night?" You'd be surprised at your responses!! And then, after that you ask again if they would like to have a catalog or cooking show. Just another way of connecting and getting more leads.

When do you guys follow up w/ booth leads? I just had a show yesterday, and I was wondering when I should call the leads I got.

niclowther said:
When do you guys follow up w/ booth leads? I just had a show yesterday, and I was wondering when I should call the leads I got.

I would say the sooner the better (just so it is fresh in their memory) - but anytime within the next week to week and a half....

When making the CCC's do you use the script or simply keep it short and to the point? I've been choking when doing them and really hate them. I need to getover that! I am also having a hard time fitting in calls when my wee ones arent needing me. seems as soon as i'm on the phone ther is a fight or something. any ideas there? i've thought about leaving the house and using my cell phone from my van for a fewhours a week....

It is so hard to find the time for these calls........and I totally get the kids needing you or bickering right when you say "hello". They're trying to be quieter now that they know Mommy's "working" to get to Disney!:p

I will usually carry 5-10 orders with me in my tote.....whenever, the kids are playing outside....in the school parking lot waiting for my son to come out....when their fav show is on....or they went to go see what Daddy is doing, I'll pick a number and call....I can usually get 1-2 calls done.

I usually call weeks after the show....I ask how they are and that I was calling to see how they were loving their purchase. I ask what they've made in it and if they've tried any of the recipes I sent them. Usually that's enough to get them going.....and I follow the flow of conversation. I ask if there's anything they need....remind them to check out the website....or broach the topic of a show to get more PC prod for free if the vibe feels right....if not, I tell them that I'll be checking in with them at a later time to make sure all is well....that allows me to call re a show at a later date, once I feel a better bond/connection with them....if I don;t have their email, I ask for it explaining that I can send them recipes specific to their purchase and if they give it to me, then I mention the newsletter

If I have an upcoming event, I mention it....

If I find I don't have the time, I tend to schedule a 20 min block of time to see how many I can make in that time period....

1. How often should I follow up with my customers?

It is recommended to follow up with your customers at least once a month, but it ultimately depends on the individual customer's needs and preferences. Some customers may appreciate more frequent follow-ups, while others may prefer less frequent communication.

2. What is the best way to follow up with customers?

The best way to follow up with customers is through a combination of email, phone calls, and social media. This allows for multiple touchpoints and makes it more likely that the customer will see your follow-up message.

3. How soon after a purchase should I follow up with a customer?

It is recommended to follow up with a customer within a week of their purchase. This shows that you value their business and are interested in their satisfaction with the product. However, if the customer has expressed any concerns or issues, it is important to follow up as soon as possible.

4. Should I follow up with customers who have not made a purchase?

Yes, it is important to follow up with potential customers who have not made a purchase. This can be a great opportunity to address any questions or concerns they may have and to showcase new products or promotions that may interest them.

5. How can I make my follow-up messages more effective?

To make your follow-up messages more effective, personalize them as much as possible. Use the customer's name and reference specific details from their previous interactions with your business. Also, make sure to provide valuable information or offers in the follow-up message to encourage the customer to take action.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lraspante
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kayleigh