• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Save Money on Hotel Rooms: Tips for Smart Consumers

In summary, the three hotels that our group is considering are the Chicago Hilton, the Palmer House Hilton, and the Sheraton. All three have rooms that come with two bathrooms. The Chicago Hilton is more expensive than the other two, but it is worth the extra money in my opinion. My husband will not be coming with me on my trip, but he is supportive of my career choice and is happy to hear about my travels.
Amy In Ohio
Are you paying for your rooms??

About $40 a night at the Chicago Hilton when split four ways.

Chicago Hilton here too...Our rooms are $170 a night (with 2 baths:D ...well worth the extra $$$). And we are hopefully splitting it 4 ways...still looking for a 4th roomie!! So if you need a room for conference 3 let me know!!

thanks... which hotels??? Where do you get 2 bathrooms??!!

I know that a lot of the rooms at the Chicago Hilton have 2 bathrooms, by request only though...not sure about the other hotels.

The Palmer House Hilton also has rooms with two bathrooms. Definitely well worth the extra money!!:D

My husband is coming with me and we're at the Sheraton for 159 a night. It would certainly be more cost effective to leave him home and share a room with 3 other gals...but heck, I like the guy and I like traveling with him - LOL. But seriously - he is THE supoprtive spouse and he loves to come and hear about everythign I am learning and to go ove rmy notes with me and share in the excitement - he rocks :D

dannyzmom said:
My husband is coming with me and we're at the Sheraton for 159 a night. It would certainly be more cost effective to leave him home and share a room with 3 other gals...but heck, I like the guy and I like traveling with him - LOL. But seriously - he is THE supoprtive spouse and he loves to come and hear about everythign I am learning and to go ove rmy notes with me and share in the excitement - he rocks :D
That's so cool! My husband is very supportive and is the reason I got into this business, but he's not THAT supportive where he'll sit there and brainstorm with me with my notes! That's great!!:D

1. How can I find the best deals on hotel rooms?

One of the best ways to find great deals on hotel rooms is to sign up for email alerts from travel websites and hotel chains. These alerts will notify you of any sales or special offers. Also, booking directly through the hotel's website or calling the hotel directly can often lead to better deals than using third-party websites.

2. What are some money-saving strategies for booking hotel rooms?

Some strategies for saving money on hotel rooms include booking in advance, being flexible with your travel dates, and considering alternative accommodations such as vacation rentals or hostels. Additionally, joining loyalty programs or using credit card rewards can also help save money.

3. Are there any hidden fees to watch out for when booking a hotel room?

Yes, there are some hidden fees to be aware of when booking a hotel room. These may include resort fees, parking fees, and additional charges for amenities such as Wi-Fi or breakfast. Make sure to read the fine print and ask about any potential fees before booking.

4. Can I negotiate the price of a hotel room?

While it may not always be possible, it is worth trying to negotiate the price of a hotel room. This is especially true if you are booking directly with the hotel. Be polite and ask if they have any current promotions or if they can offer a discount for your stay.

5. What are some ways to save money on food and drinks while staying in a hotel?

One way to save money on food and drinks while staying in a hotel is by bringing your own snacks and drinks. You can also search for hotels that offer free breakfast or have a kitchenette where you can prepare your own meals. Additionally, consider eating at local restaurants or food markets instead of pricey hotel restaurants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • StacieB
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U