• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning for My First Conference: How Much Does it Cost?

In summary, it costs $250 to register for the conference, and you would need to budget an additional $180-$250 for food and hotel costs.
pc_jessica
Hi all! I know conference is over but I want to go next year it will be my first year! I am just wondering how much it normally costs so I know how much need to save each month. Thanks

There are a bunch of threads about this topic from the early part of this year - Jan. through April.A rough estimate is: $250 for conference registration (it is usually less if you use Conference Club or get Early Bird prices, but it's better to budget too much than not enough)
Hotel: depends on how many nights you stay, how many people you put in the room, and where you stay. The official hotels are usually $180 or so a night after taxes, per room.
Meals: 3 meals on Day 2 and 1 on Day 3 are included with registration. Downtown Chicago's not a cheap place to eat.
Miscellaneous: tips, cabs, souvenirs, coffees, snacks, biz. supplies, surprise boxes... they all add up
Transportation to/from Chicago

Conference Club does wonders!

how do you sign up for Congerence club and does it only cover cost of conference only or is it like a christmas savings account where if you put in 600 you get 600 at the end to pay for whatever with that way we can pay conference hotel and food?

Conference Club for 2010 will open up in August. You specify how much HO takes out of your month end commission checks, and they set it aside. Then, when registration opens, you have that money to use to pay for registration. If you put in more than you use (because you set aside enough for a guest, etc.), or you end up not going, they refund it in your next commission check.

So PC doesn't add to it, it is all money that we earn and have PC put aside.

right?

That's right. It's just a place to have it set aside so you don't spend it. :)

chefann said:
That's right. It's just a place to have it set aside so you don't spend it. :)

Bummer, would be nice. But I can understand why they don't or can't

The first two years I did conference club I only put in enough to cover conference. This year I put in more. When I was reimbursed it happened to be enough for the deposit on the room. So by the time I went to conference I had to spend very little out of pocket.

So when it is conference time, they just send you the money? Sorry, I'm being so dense but, I really want to be sure I understand. I know that you can have them apply the money toward your conference fees so that money they would send you but the rest, like extra money you put aside for room and food they would just send to you?

cwinter474 said:
So when it is conference time, they just send you the money? Sorry, I'm being so dense but, I really want to be sure I understand. I know that you can have them apply the money toward your conference fees so that money they would send you but the rest, like extra money you put aside for room and food they would just send to you?

When you register for conference, it takes that amount out of your conference club. Anything left over is put onto your next pay check. You can put as much as $500 into conference club. So you can save extra for your room, food, etc.

If I don't have to spend my tax return on a car like I did last year, I hope to be able to go next year.When I went last year, it was only because I had $700 dropped into my lap through the stimulus plan. My hotel was FREE thanks to the generosity of a clustermate and her Mariott points, and it STILL was not enough. But I was struggling financially so much more at the time, spent more on supplies and surprise boxes than I planned, and got blindsided by some big bills.Our cluster usually stays 4 days, so if you have 4 in a room, figure one day's rates for your hotel stay. I considered driving (it's only 6-7 hours) but realized with gas prices and parking, it would be cheaper to fly. There are cheaper options, however, like the Megabus.

1. What is the cost to attend a Pampered Chef conference?

The cost to attend a Pampered Chef conference varies depending on the location and type of conference. Typically, the cost ranges from $150 to $300 per person.

2. Are there any additional fees or expenses I should budget for?

In addition to the registration fee, you may need to budget for travel expenses, such as airfare and hotel accommodations. There may also be optional activities or workshops that require an additional fee.

3. Do I have to pay for meals at the conference?

Meals are typically included in the registration fee for Pampered Chef conferences. However, if you have any dietary restrictions or preferences, you may need to budget for meals outside of the conference provided options.

4. Is there financial assistance available for those who cannot afford to attend?

Pampered Chef offers a scholarship program for consultants who may need financial assistance to attend a conference. You can apply for a scholarship through the consultant portal on the Pampered Chef website.

5. Can I get a refund if I am unable to attend the conference after registering?

Refunds for conference registration fees are available up to a certain date, typically a few weeks before the conference. After that, refunds may not be available but you may be able to transfer your registration to another consultant or use it towards a future conference. Please refer to the specific conference's registration policies for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• klsnyder
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CAmomCookin4U
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
Replies
Views
chefkristin