• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How much to save for taxes?

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
I plan to make a profit on my business this year. Yes, I really do. I'm being very diligent about what I spend, not offering too many freebies and trying to boost my show schedule.

This of course means that I anticipate actually having to pay taxes on a portion of what I make. I want to set aside a percentage of my commission each month so that I'll be prepared.

But how much should it be? 15%? 20%? 30%?

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
If it were me, I'd probably do the 20% range. You'll likely have extra- if it's anything like when we do our taxes....but we almost always get a big refund. Factor in your deductions from the biz.... And if you have extra- then you already have NC money set aside. You can adjust the amount the 2nd year if you saved too much.

That's how I'd probably do it- if I were making enough to plan like that ;)

wmrmgr

Novice Member
Nov 15, 2009
When I was self-employed in the past I was advised to set aside 30% and that would cover everything and then some (easier said than done when you live paycheck to paycheck). That's my two cents anyway!

ChefCat

Jan 29, 2010
30% is what I would need to do here in Michigan.

I think it breaks down to roughly these percentages: 5% MI state, 10% Federal, 15% Social Security. Again, those are just rough percents from what I can remember.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Hillary
Replies
Views
s.cape
Replies
Views
otisbg
Replies
Views