• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Craft Fair Essentials: What to Bring and How Much - Tips and Advice

In summary, the expert recommends bringing less but more new products to a craft fair. She recommends bringing the new products from the last 2 seasons and a poster with information about the host special, the mystery host, and the products.
kcmckay
Gold Member
I'm doing a craft fair on Saturday. I'm wondering if less is more or more is better. I don't want to lug everything I own but I'm not sure if I leave some stuff out if it will be an issue.

I had planned on doing one display w/all the new consultant kit products w/a flyer talking about oppurtunity and getting all this for $155 or less.

Then I was going to have the new products and April Specials. I'm wondering if you think that is enough? I kind of want to bring the knife block but I'm not sure. Any feedback would be appreciated! TIA!:)

I wouldn't bring the knives....too tempting for kids and definitely too sharp!! You don't want someone getting hurt :) People like to touch things...which is good, but I always leave my sharp items at home because of that (and kids).I bring whatever is new that I have. When doing booths...most people come in and "I just want to see what's new!" So I typically grab the new products from the last 2 seasons. So it sounds like you are on the right track! You'll be exhausted by the end of the day- so remember that when you'll be having to pack up and haul it all back to your car....so less is sometimes more! :) It doesn't very often influence people THAT much- and i did a lot of them last year.Good luck!

I usually take the host special for the month I want to book as well as the opportunity information. I take my tool turn about, trifle bowl, and the Deep Covered Baker. I have done a lot of them and found less is more. Any higher priced items that are new are always good pics.

I am bringing my TTA just going to take out new consultant kit stuff to keep that all in one display. I'm bringing April Specials so I've got cake turner, tiered tower and trifle bowl. I usually would bring DCB but am thinking of leaving it this time.

I do have one other issue. I have NO idea where my small bowl caddy from new consultant kit is. I've searched through boxes like crazy and cannot figure out where I packed them away. Do you think that will hurt my new consultant kit display????

Just this past Saturday I did a women's expo... booth cost was kind of pricy for only a few hours and ONE table so I split with one of my recruits....(that way i was still getting SOME benefits of sharing!) we did every other person kind of thing, worked well, we both knew going in that it really was a "luck of the draw".... I had made a poster with 3 sections... Pic i'm putting in here is my 'computer draft' (hope this works!)

1 - MYSTERY HOST! (all orders placed today - one winner picked from receipts - did direct ship so i didn't have to deliver OR have the winner/host deliver!) printed out small pics of the bamboo (this months host special) and the "this would be your price when you win"
and a brief discription of what the "Mystery Host" is...Mid section April and May Host specials...Also put that you could draw from our bookiing bowl IF you put a date on my calendar TODAY (well, that day) made coupons ...many $5 off at your show closing, and a few $10, $15, $20 & $25 ones as well... was going to do "FREE Cooking show" too, but I mail out all my invites already for the host and many of the shows/recipes i've been doing is about $25 anyways... EVERYONE that booked was a winner... wraped papers around the mini hershey/mr.goodbar etc candy bars backwards so no one could read...
3rd section, all about recruiting and THANKFULLY the flier for the bonus points came out just in time for me to put on there as well... but had mini pics of everything in the kit... and then asked if they were going to join me in Maui next year!
as for products... I brought all the new stuff i have (spring only) and all the bamboo i have... my "partner/team member" brought just the kit (all she had) and we both brought TONS of paperwork with each of our own names... I figured if they REALLY wanted to see anything else, they could book a show! My partner said that she had never heard the word FREE so many times in those short hours and i always had a comeback for everything that was asked or stated!
Since it was just before St. Patty's day, I picked up 2 of those silly headbands with shamrocks on them and then some green balloon weights that were "pretty" for "decoration"...everyone that walked by our booth, said they HAD to visit the "FUN BOOTH" as we looked like we were having such a good time! (and we were!) We stood out infront of the table and noticed that WE were the only one's doing this too! everyone else was sitting behind their table! Anyways, in 4 hours, my partner had almost $300 in sales & 7 bookings !! (in March, April and May)... I had $500 in sales, 15 bookings and 2 RECRUITS!! Everyone we talked with we had fill out a slip, even if they didn't check a single box - I made up my own with ideas off of here and on her's put her consultant #, mine on mine to keep them apart as to whom we each talked with... altogether, we ONLY HAD 165 people pass buy us (which was a LOW turnout for this annual expo normally close to 500)

We had fun, didn't bring TONS of stuff and helped our business as well!!
Good Luck to all of you in this upcoming expo season!!!

Attachments

• SAMPLE Poster for web.jpg
    SAMPLE Poster for web.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 542
I do have one other issue. I have NO idea where my small bowl caddy from new consultant kit is. I've searched through boxes like crazy and cannot figure out where I packed them away. Do you think that will hurt my new consultant kit display????[/QUOTE]

We need to close on our house already!! I just realized I have no idea where my trifle bowl base is! I've got bowl and lid but no base. Should I bring it as is? I'm still going to look in a couple more places or base but not sure I'll find it!!:( I really need to build my PC business so I can cut down my "day" job hours!

1. How do I determine how much stuff to bring to a Pampered Chef party?

The amount of products you bring to a Pampered Chef party will depend on the size of the party and the type of products you plan to demo. As a general rule, plan to bring enough products for each guest to try and sample, as well as some extra for display and backup.

2. What are some essential items to bring to a Pampered Chef party?

Some essential items to bring include products for demonstration and sampling, catalogs and order forms, business cards, and any other marketing materials you may have. It's also a good idea to bring a small display table or tray to showcase your products.

3. How can I make sure I have enough inventory for a Pampered Chef party?

One way to ensure you have enough inventory is to take note of the number of RSVPs you receive for the party and plan accordingly. You can also keep track of your best-selling products and make sure to have enough of those on hand.

4. Is it better to bring too much inventory or too little to a Pampered Chef party?

It's always better to err on the side of bringing too much inventory rather than too little. This way, you can accommodate any last-minute guests or unexpected purchases. Plus, having a variety of products on display can help generate more sales.

5. How can I efficiently transport all my Pampered Chef products to a party?

Invest in a sturdy bag or tote with compartments to transport your products safely and efficiently. You can also use bins or plastic storage containers to keep your products organized and protected during transport.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • samcmills
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
monica_sweetconsultant
  • babywings76