• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much Do You Pay for Daycare?

In summary, the home-based daycare that the author pays $135 a week for charges between $450 and $500 a week.
SummerG
Hi there!

Our baby girl is due on 4/3 and as much as I hate it, I will have to return to work full-time after about 6-8 weeks.

I know it varies widely on where everybody lives, but I was wondering for those that have infants (12 mos and younger) in daycare (home-based or center setting) what the weekly rate is. We have been researching in our area of town (San Antonio) and it ranges anywhere from $135 to $184 per week. Also, if there was a registration fee can you please let me know know how much that was?

I'm just trying to get a feel for what the average is.

Thanks!!

Sounds about rightSound about right to me--our son is in 2nd grade--for before school/breakfast/transport to school and afternoon care/transport from school/snack we pay $90 per week. If he is out of school and at day care all day, we add $10 each day up to the summer weekly cost of $130.00. During the summer, we also paid an activities fee--$200 for the entire 3 months of summer that included swimming one day, gymnastics one day, another activity one day--movie theatre, zoo, etc.
I am told by the principal at my son's school that we are at the BMW day care in the area, but we are grateful for the care and value the safety we observe for our child.

It treally depends on where you are and what your hours run. At least that is how I do it. I do homebased childcare in south jersey. Let me know if you have anyother questions. I could prob find out for you, I belong to a couple different home based childcare provider groups. So let me know .

I pretended for like 1 minute that I was going back to work, so when I researched daycare's they were charging anywhere from $200 to $250 a week. It wasn't worth it, so I stayed home. But $135 sounds good to me.

around here the decent ones charge about 1k a month for newborns and you have to provide your own everything..diapers, formula, wipes, etc.

in my area it is 1000-1400 a month for an infant

chefsteph07 said:
around here the decent ones charge about 1k a month for newborns and you have to provide your own everything..diapers, formula, wipes, etc.

:eek: OMG!! 1K a month?!? :eek: I can't imagine paying that much! I had to go back to finish out the school year, so I only put DD in daycare for a month or so...and it was $150/wk. I know there was a registration fee, but I don't remember what it was...but for a really good daycare in my area that was what I paid.

When I had my son in 1999, it was $110/wk for homebased daycare.
When I had my daughter in 2002, it was $205/wk for a daycare center.

It's up to $240/wk at the same center now, I think... and last I heard, my old daycare lady (for my son) was around $150/wk.

My son's before/after school place now is $100/wk when he's in school and $150/wk when he's out of school.... (so it hardly ever gets cheaper when they go to school!)

That's the price we pay for working full time. I have researched getting a mother's helper or nanny, but I think it's still cheaper to go with a center.

And whatever you do, try not to look at the TOTAL on the statement when you do your end-of-year taxes... it's very depressing.

PampChefJoy said:
That's the price we pay for working full time. I have researched getting a mother's helper or nanny, but I think it's still cheaper to go with a center.

I definitely agree with this. I nanny, and around here we get $10-15 an hour, which would run you $400-600 a week for a 40 hour work week. At that point, unless you're making really good money, it wouldn't be worth it to even work.

I pay $150 week for a home based daycare. I choke on that, I couldn't imagine 1K a month.

Around here we pay $150.00 a week for daycare/preschool for our 4 year old. Look and see if you have a YWCA or a non-profit org. that offers daycare sometimes those places are a little cheaper price wise and still have abid by all the State Regulations. Depending on if you want the tax rebate or not. Another option may be finding a "Grandmother" figure that is just looking for extra income.

Sounds about right.I can't work, because I would be paying more in daycare then I would actually be making at my job. I have infant twins, 2 year old daughter and 11 year old son. I think when we were looking I was going to have to pay between $450.00-$500.00 a week!!!! Wasn't worth it for us!! Good luck!

I pay $15 per day. I am fortunate that I only have to pay for one day. My parents keep Luke two days and my in-laws keep him one day and the sitter one day. The in-laws will not be keeping our children anymore after my maternity leave b/c my SIL is having a baby April 7th and they are keeping it. Yes, you read right they are keeping one baby but have NEVER mentioned keeping our baby and when we told them Cole and Luke both would be going to the sitter they NEVER said a word. Can you say partial to one son over the other loud enough!?

Sometimes it really does make more sense to stay home... or work from home... (in my case, do PC full time, as I did for 18 months)... but now I make a bit more money working outside... plus my job provides the benefits for the family so I do need to be in the corporate world.

1. How much does Pampered Chef pay for daycare?

At Pampered Chef, we do not have a set amount for daycare expenses. The cost of daycare can vary greatly depending on location, type of daycare, and specific needs of your child. We encourage our employees to research and compare different daycare options to find the best fit for their family.

2. Does Pampered Chef offer any childcare benefits?

Yes, we offer a dependent care flexible spending account (FSA) for our employees. This allows them to set aside pre-tax money to cover eligible childcare expenses, including daycare costs.

3. Can I use my FSA for both daycare and after-school programs?

Yes, you can use your dependent care FSA to cover both daycare and after-school programs, as long as they are considered eligible expenses. This can include before and after-school care, summer camps, and other childcare services.

4. Is there a limit on how much I can contribute to my dependent care FSA?

The maximum amount you can contribute to a dependent care FSA is determined by the IRS each year. For 2021, the maximum contribution limit is $5,000 for individuals or married couples filing jointly, and $2,500 for married individuals filing separately.

5. Can I carry over unused funds in my dependent care FSA?

Unfortunately, dependent care FSAs do not allow for carryover of unused funds. Any money left in your account at the end of the plan year will be forfeited. It is important to carefully estimate your daycare expenses when choosing your contribution amount.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefshawna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mscharf
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies