1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: How much chicken?

1. ChefJoyJ

ChefJoyJ Veteran Member

The mexican chicken lasagna calls for 3 cups of cooked chicken. How many pounds/breasts is that? My husband and I buy our meat in bulk at Sams and then vacuum seal and freeze it. I'm making it and need to know how much to thaw.

Also...can I just cook them in the DCB prior to making the lasagna? How long would I cook them?

Aug 19, 2009
  2. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

Typically, 1 chicken breast = 1 c. of meat. If the chicken is smaller or larger, you can adjust accordingly!

Aug 19, 2009
  3. kewaters

kewaters Member

yes, I estimate 1 chicken breast to about 1 cup of chicken. Also, I did this demo at a show a couple weeks ago. When I got to host's house I prepped chicken and cooked it in the DCB (about 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink) so it was ready to be chopped when the show started. Then, I was able to demo the salad choppers to cut up the chicken (I sold a couple of these) and then transferred the chicken into the small stainless bowl and went on with the rest of the demo.

Aug 19, 2009
  4. ChefJoyJ

ChefJoyJ Veteran Member

Thanks! These are the Sam's Club chicken breasts - huge! I'll probably cook 2, b/c I figure that'll give me enough. Can I cook them in the micro in the DCB? I'm sure I can...but I'm not sure how long to cook them? :confused:

Aug 19, 2009
  5. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

Yep, do it just like the post above yours said. I do pound mine out a little flatter first. Cover with seran wrap and either use the meat tenderizer (flat side) or a skillet.

Aug 19, 2009
  6. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

Absolutely in the DCB. Just salt & pepper them, then pop them in the microwave. The thicker cut ones usually take about 10 minutes, but you can check/separate them at 6/7 minutes. :)

Have something to add?