• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mexican Chicken Lasagna: How Much Chicken to Thaw & DCB Prep

In summary, if you are making the mexican chicken lasagna, you will need 3 cups of cooked chicken. If you are using the chicken breasts from Sam's Club, they are huge so you will need 2. If you are microwaving the chicken, cook them for 10 minutes.
ChefJoyJ
The mexican chicken lasagna calls for 3 cups of cooked chicken. How many pounds/breasts is that? My husband and I buy our meat in bulk at Sams and then vacuum seal and freeze it. I'm making it and need to know how much to thaw.

Also...can I just cook them in the DCB prior to making the lasagna? How long would I cook them?

Typically, 1 chicken breast = 1 c. of meat. If the chicken is smaller or larger, you can adjust accordingly!

yes, I estimate 1 chicken breast to about 1 cup of chicken. Also, I did this demo at a show a couple weeks ago. When I got to host's house I prepped chicken and cooked it in the DCB (about 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink) so it was ready to be chopped when the show started. Then, I was able to demo the salad choppers to cut up the chicken (I sold a couple of these) and then transferred the chicken into the small stainless bowl and went on with the rest of the demo.

Thanks! These are the Sam's Club chicken breasts - huge! I'll probably cook 2, b/c I figure that'll give me enough. Can I cook them in the micro in the DCB? I'm sure I can...but I'm not sure how long to cook them? :confused:

ChefJoyJ said:
Thanks! These are the Sam's Club chicken breasts - huge! I'll probably cook 2, b/c I figure that'll give me enough. Can I cook them in the micro in the DCB? I'm sure I can...but I'm not sure how long to cook them? :confused:

Yep, do it just like the post above yours said. I do pound mine out a little flatter first. Cover with seran wrap and either use the meat tenderizer (flat side) or a skillet.

Absolutely in the DCB. Just salt & pepper them, then pop them in the microwave. The thicker cut ones usually take about 10 minutes, but you can check/separate them at 6/7 minutes. :)

1. How much chicken should I thaw for Mexican Chicken Lasagna?

The recommended amount of chicken to thaw for Mexican Chicken Lasagna is 2-3 chicken breasts, depending on their size. You can also use pre-cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken for a quicker prep time.

2. Can I use frozen chicken for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken for this recipe. However, make sure to thaw it completely before adding it to the dish. This will ensure that the chicken cooks evenly and thoroughly.

3. What is the best way to thaw chicken for this recipe?

The best way to thaw chicken for this recipe is to place it in the refrigerator overnight. If you are short on time, you can also thaw it in the microwave using the defrost setting. Just be sure to check on the chicken frequently to prevent it from starting to cook.

4. What is the best way to prepare my Deep Covered Baker (DCB) for this recipe?

The best way to prepare your DCB for this recipe is to lightly spray it with non-stick cooking spray. This will prevent the ingredients from sticking to the sides and make for easier cleanup.

5. Do I need to precook the chicken before adding it to the lasagna?

No, you do not need to precook the chicken before adding it to the lasagna. The chicken will cook through while baking in the DCB. Just make sure to cut the chicken into small, bite-sized pieces to ensure even cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefcharity
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • kmom820
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kmom820
  • bridgetbakes