• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much Change to Bring for Cash Sales

I forget the name of it, but it's a small, cute bag that I got from my bank. I usually just bring singles, fives and tens, and if someone needs more, I'll give them some change. I think it's a good idea to encourage cash orders to round up and not bother with change though.I always bring cash.
krahema
Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this question:blushing:

I have my first show Monday night, and I'm wondering what kind of money I should bring for my "change bank", in case of cash payments. I rarely use cash anymore, and don't really anticipate many cash sales, but I want to be prepared in case someone pulls out cash, instead of check or credit card, to pay.

Guess I'm wondering how much and what denominations.

Thank you!:chef:

I bring 1 $5, 6 $1's and that's it.
I tell them that they can round up their order and it saves both of us the hassle of dealing with spare change AND it benefits the local food bank.

I do the same as Shelby. I have to say that in the last 6 months, many more are paying with cash or writing checks. Hardly anyone in my area is using credit/debit cards - interesting observation.

otisbg said:
I do the same as Shelby. I have to say that in the last 6 months, many more are paying with cash or writing checks. Hardly anyone in my area is using credit/debit cards - interesting observation.

It's Dave's influence. ;)

(Dave Ramsey that is!)

I don't really keep track of what I have in my money bag, I just make sure I have a few singles and maybe a five or two in there. At one point, I grabbed a handful of change out our change jar and threw it in there too.

That being said, I get a lot of checks. I rarely get cash. I make a point to talk about RUFTH during my demo, letting them know that the money buys so much more than what your dollar would get you at the grocery store. I let them know that one dollar equals 10 pounds of food. When I'm doing my full service checkout, I say: "OK, with your products, shipping and tax, your total comes to $xx.xx, did you want to round it up?" with barely a pause. At my last show, I did have two people pay in cash, and each rounded up to the amount of the bills they had in hand.

That's good Noora! Actually I've found that when they have a certain amount of cash in their hand, that's what they intended to spend anyway so they're really willing to round up.

I have a money bag I received from our local bank. I keep a handful of change, a few $1s, a couple of $5s and a $10 in there, pretty much most of the time. Very hand--ask your bank for a little money bag for your business. Most of my customers pay with check, just a few pay cash, and lots pay with credit cards.

I keep just a few bills with me, and if they need more change than I have (maybe more than one person is paying with cash and needs change), there's usually someone there who can make change for them as well. I've noticed too that when people have an idea of what they want to spend, sometimes they'll just round up to that amount, even if it a few more dollars.

My last three shows totalled $950, of which $203 was cash. I had $35 in small bills, and $3 in quarters. As others have said, almost everyone was willing to round up. You cannot go wrong with $1, and $5's.

I have never once brought a penny of change. Everyone pays check or card. No compalints. If they do need change I let the hostess and her guest work it out later.
Kelly

I always bring cash. The girl I signed under said she never had people pay with cash. So I had my grand opening show and 4 or 5 ladies paid with cash!!! Fortunatly, I was prepared. I bring @ $ 40...1 - $20 1 - $10 1 - $5 3 - $1 and $2 in change. I like to know how much is in the bag so that when I am counting at the end of the night I am sure of what has come in. I do like the idea of encouraging cash orders to round up and not bother with change though. I will have to start "encouraging" that more!

j&k'smom said:
I like to know how much is in the bag so that when I am counting at the end of the night I am sure of what has come in.

I do this too!

I always bring cash. I carry $100 (ones, fives, tens and twenties) and it has often come in handy. I no longer carry change. If they don't want to round-up to an even number, they are responsible for coming up with exact change.

I have a money bag with 2 - $5, 10 - $1 and a couple of dollars in change. That has always been enough change. I have been doing this for 6 years now. I figure if I lost my change bag I wouldn't be too upset. If it contained $50 or more I would be really upset.

I do $20, 2-fives and the rest in ones - that way I can make any change I need. No coins - the will round up :)

I bring $20 in assorted bills and I do carry change. Most people at the parties round up but I don't think it's my place to round up outside orders without their ok. Most of the cash payments are outside orders and most of those attending do round up. ...but then my last party was almost entirely cash - $600 show and just one debit card and 2 checks. I find it depends on the group - some are entirely credit card, some all checks, some a mixture.

Same as Kelly, I have never brought change with me either. One gal has asked if she can pay by cash & I told her I don't carry change, so she just gave me her debit card. If it was a matter of a sale or not, I would figure something out! :)

I live in an area where I encounter pockets of people who do cash only. I make sure I have several 1s, a few 5s, and a 10. I also have a handful of change. I've had people hand me a $50 bill for a $12.50 order. However, I never feel like I have to have change for people like that. Generally speaking what I bring along is plenty. If many of them are paying with cash, I usually wind up with enough to make change for those larger bills.

OP here...

Thanks so much for everyone's input! I think I will plan to bring $20 in change (5's & 1's). I'll probably follow the advice of encouraging folks to "round up". Also, someone mentioned, and I hadn't thought of it, that the host could pay for the guest's purchase that night, if necessary, and they can "settle-up" at a later date.

Thanks again:chef:

I was wondering this too at my first two shows, but I am a server at a local restaurant so I had some cash on me in case. Come to find out, only one person out of those two parties used cash and she had the exact amount. You'd think in today's society not many people would use cash, but surprisingly many do! :]

1. How much change should I bring for cash sales?

The amount of change you bring for cash sales will depend on the prices of the products you are selling and the denominations of bills and coins you have available. It is recommended to have a variety of bills and coins to ensure you can make change for any purchase.

2. Do I need to bring exact change for cash sales?

No, it is not necessary to bring exact change for cash sales. It is always helpful to have a variety of bills and coins to make change for any purchase.

3. Can I use a credit card for Pampered Chef purchases?

While Pampered Chef does accept credit cards for purchases, bringing cash for smaller transactions can be more convenient and ensure you have enough change for any cash sales.

4. Should I bring more change for larger events or parties?

It is always better to have more change on hand for larger events or parties where there may be multiple purchases made. This will prevent you from running out of change and having to make trips to the bank to get more.

5. What should I do if I run out of change during a Pampered Chef event?

If you run out of change during a Pampered Chef event, you can always ask a fellow consultant or host to provide change for you. It is also a good idea to have a backup plan, such as a mobile payment option, in case you run out of change unexpectedly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SheenaGonzales
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • gilchrist_pchef