• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Meany Is Every One Getting on the Books for Nov?

In summary, this author was successful in booking shows in November due to the economy being an excuse and the host having a lot of contacts. The author is hoping to have more shows booked for December.
milkangel
i now do have 4 shows on the books and 5 more mabies. i really want to get the highest leval for sell a thon this time. Any ideas?

I have 11 shows booked, I have every day that I can book booked. I will be ready for Thanksgiving week. Try getting some catalog shows in. The way I got my bookings was from a fair I did and I just called everyone who put Nov in as a booking date and told them I had a few days left.

So I'm curious.... You were at wit's end a few weeks ago to book shows.... How did you get them?

Congrats on the 4 biookings!
Oh... I have 6 cooking shows on the books and 1 catalog show. I have 3 available dates left for Nov.

Last edited:
I only had one and she cancelled yesterday.... all my previous hosts state they dont have the budget for it... This economy will hopefully turn around soon ;o)

I only have one on the 8th. I can't convince a single host to host in Nov or Dec. Everyone wants to wait until Jan. :(

I am blessed to have 3 shows in Nov, plus a fair. The show I had booked for this Saturday rescheduled to December (so, woohoo, I have a Dec show). I also have a catalog show going for Nov.

I do want to get more shows booked for Nov and Dec, but don't have any more past guests to ask. Has anyone just called up strangers from the phone book? If so, do you have a script?

The economy is just an excuse.... This is the best time to get FREE stuff!

I have an anual host who literally does not have 2 pennies to rub together. She saves up the 15$ for her show ingredients and a special beverage for her guests. Many times she does not use her 1/2 off items beacuse she can not spend the$ but she LOVEs her FREE product!

two show and 3 fairs/booths... hopefully they all do sales! I have several more interested in Nov... need to get my behind on the phone and get them booked before it's too late. Good luck to everyone... I get a lot of "I don't have the budget for it" too... isn't that the reason to host? FREE doesn't require a budget in my book!:cool:

So far I have 6 shows booked for November with 4 open dates. I am hoping to have those booked this weekend at my shows.

December I have 2 shows booked and 2 dates left open.

I have 9 cooking shows, & 4 catalog shows ( I pray they all hold)

For December I have 6 cooking shows and a fundraiser

Last edited:
I have 7 cooking shows and 4 catalog shows. I hope they all go as scheduled! :) My December is empty though.

9 Cooking Shows
1 Fundraiser
1 Vendor & Craft Show
1 Catalog Show

For December - I have 3 Cooking and 1 Catalog show.

10 cooking shows
7 catalog
2 fundraisers

Now is the best time to get people to book. Not only will guests be able to do holiday shopping but the host can do hers at a discount. When I say that at a show, I get oh and that person who said "oh" ends up booking.

i kept calling and also i called a past host that had a 1000 dollar show in june ans asked her if she wanted to do another and get some christmas presents free and she was not sure of yet and she called me the other day and set a date. i have mostly catalog shows but a 2 cooking 2 catalog. the otheres mabies are pampere abissness , vender fair or holiday craft one, a fundraser calling tomarrow, 2 on the fence catlaogs. i just kept calling my contacts and One show on the books is my cookie exchange show and i am thinking i might have a good turn out.

I have a craft fair on Nov 1st, and 7 cooking shows, most of which are in one weekend (11-8, 11-14, 11-15, 11-16, 11-17, 11-21, 11-22). I'll more then likely be exhausted by the end of the month but it'll all be worth it. I have one booking for Dec but who knows after the fair and all the shows in Nov. I'm hoping to get some more to fill my calendar for Dec.
I should probably block days off for recuperation but I want my calendar to be open to whenever people want to have a show. I don't like telling people "No" about having a show on a specific date unless I already have one booked. Do any of you limit yourself to how many shows you do a week or weekend?
Happy booking :)

I have 3 cooking shows, 3 catalog shows, and a booth so far for November. I need to schedule 5 more cooking shows to fill my calendar.

My goal is 20 shows for November after losing my full time job last week...I am up to 8 after having 1 as of last week....Still pumping...

WOW, Jessica, you will be EXHAUSTED!!! Keep the shows simple and easy, make them interactive so you don't get bored with the same blahblahblah...LoL Good luck and keep us posted!!!

I have 2 cooking shows, one catalog show, and one fundraiser. I'm also doing a mystery host catalog show and have 12 people started with that already. I have $420 in orders from the 2 that have turned them in already but they have until the 15th to get them to me. Nothing for December so far but I'm very part time so I'm not stressed about it.

4 Cooking shows, 1 catalog show, a $1000 Mystery Host Catalog Show and a Fundraiser for a local Humane Society.......hoping for a $5000 month!

I have 10 cooking, 2 craft shows, 3 catalog, & my mystery host 1000K catalog. I'm super-excited:D

I used the "everyone wins a free party" from a mall show(I bring the ingredients -- got the idea from here), and have 4 parties booked (I typically only do 2 per month) for November, along with 2 fundraisers and 3 book parties. I don't know how you all do so many shows and stay organized. I sit for my 3 grandsons 9 hours a day and 2 is about all I can handle a month. UGH! And did I mention I quilt and volunteer on our Christmas Bureau Committe?? I know you are all busy as well, just don't know how you can do so many shows. I congratulate you, though.

3 cookings shows
1 cattie show
3 holiday booths

I'm on the fence about holding my cookie exchange in Nov/Dec. I evaluate it midmonth. I'm ready to send invites whenever I need to, but I want to try and earn PC dollars in Dec too.

I have 3 cooking shows and one holiday booth - looking for 2 more cooking shows to complete my month.

I have my mystery host show and a vendor fair going on.
I am trying not to be "meany" about it though. LOL

I have 2 Booths, 5 shows and 3 catalog shows. Will be a busy month, but am looking forward to rocking the SAT! Since I have started I have only ever met the $1500 level and I have had to purchase a few things to get that.

I have 1 catty (which I just talked to the host and she says it's not going well) and 3 maybes I really need to get my sales up and don't know what to do. I did a booking blitz last night and had 4 hang ups and I don't know how many no's.

etteluap70PC said:
The economy is just an excuse.... This is the best time to get FREE stuff!

I have an anual host who literally does not have 2 pennies to rub together. She saves up the 15$ for her show ingredients and a special beverage for her guests. Many times she does not use her 1/2 off items beacuse she can not spend the$ but she LOVEs her FREE product!

I had a host that blamed the economy... I agree, that's the best reason to host a show. I tell all my hosts that if they don't want to spend any money, just use the FPV and that's it. Most usually spend more than that but there are a few who love that they can just get what ever they want for free.

I have 9 shows and 2 catalog shows. I'm still booking! I have 3 more open show dates if I can fill them.

Pam Barrett said:
I have 1 catty (which I just talked to the host and she says it's not going well) and 3 maybes I really need to get my sales up and don't know what to do. I did a booking blitz last night and had 4 hang ups and I don't know how many no's.

Do not get discouraged... You got a bunch of NO's Awesome! You are that much closer to YES!

I am going to toot my horn, because I worked very hard to get these shows and I want to share with you all.

I have 11 cooking, 2 catalogs and 1 fair scheduled. I have never done 11 cooking shows in month. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I started booking November by using a booking tree (it is really a flower) at my October shows (I only had 4, and 1 did not qualify). On the flower I had dates available. I told everyone if they scheduled the "fun get together" with me today then they will get an additional $25 of free products. I put in a stipulation that they need to have at least $400 in guest sales at the show. I did not tell them this until I had the date booked. I planning at least $3000 in sales so giving up $25 per show with 26% commission seemed worth it.
Well, I got 4 shows that way. I got 2 more by calling local retirement communities and scheduling a holiday gift idea day. My husband found me 1, got to love those supportive husbands. 2 were guests at shows but could not commit and scheduled later. The last 2 were from a fair I did last weekend.

My catalog shows were from an email about getting the deep covered baker for $26.

My originial goal was 15. I got close but 2 of my hosts had to cancel due to health concerns. I am also considering a mystery host show.

I also have 4 shows for December and 1 already for January. Just ask everyone at your shows. Call past guests, friends, family, people you don't like;)!

Here's my story. My business was in the toilet due to too much traveling this summer. In September I had 3 scheduled shows. 1 barely qualified. Her guest list had 5 people on it. The 2nd had more kids under the age of 5 than adults and they were very energenic kids :mad:. I could barely hear myself talk let alone anybody else. The 3rd had 3 people. Herself, her mother and her X-MIL. Only her X-MIL placed an order! It was a terrible month, but I asked everyone if they wanted to have a fun get together with the Pampered Chef. And low and behold I have this great month 2 months later.

Call everyone you know, including friends who you never asked, and who have said no in the past and let them know you have a goal for November and would love it if you could help them get free products so you can get free products. It is not too late to find those shows. Go back to list of 100 if you made it. If not, make one.

Wendy - how are you going to go about the retirement communities?

I called the more "upscale" retirement communities. These are the places with the independent living with their own apartments or condos. I talked to the activities director and told them that I would like to come in and make a yummy recipe and give gift ideas to their members. If they did not know about the pampered chef I filled them in on who we are. I am planning to run it just like a show, but I am not sure how to work the host benefits, since there is not one single person as the host. Maybe I'll run it as a fundraiser for the group.

Wendy, that sounds like a great idea!!

cookingwithlove said:
I called the more "upscale" retirement communities. These are the places with the independent living with their own apartments or condos. I talked to the activities director and told them that I would like to come in and make a yummy recipe and give gift ideas to their members. If they did not know about the pampered chef I filled them in on who we are. I am planning to run it just like a show, but I am not sure how to work the host benefits, since there is not one single person as the host. Maybe I'll run it as a fundraiser for the group.

Could you run it as the activities director as the host, and the host gifts could either be raffled off or received by the director to use communally?

ughubug said:
My goal is 20 shows for November after losing my full time job last week...I am up to 8 after having 1 as of last week....Still pumping...

WOW, Jessica, you will be EXHAUSTED!!! Keep the shows simple and easy, make them interactive so you don't get bored with the same blahblahblah...LoL Good luck and keep us posted!!!

I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes. I tried bringing less to my last show and L-O-V-E-D it. I guess I was trying to bring everything I owned and it was just too much to set up and take down. So I'll bring the stuff for the recipe and any special stuff for the month. :)

Good luck on reaching your goal of 20! I know you can do it!!! Keep us posted on how you do too!!! :D

krzymomof4 said:
I have my mystery host show and a vendor fair going on.
I am trying not to be "meany" about it though. LOL
Every time I read the title to this thread, I can't get past the "meany" part! :)

I have 5 catalog shows and one cooking show for November. One catalog show is mine (Mystery Host), and the cooking show is mine.

7 shows, 1 catty, $1000 Mystery Host and 3 TradeShows

So far I have 6 cooking shows, 5 catty shows, and I am hoping for a $6000.00 month. I have 3 ine works for December. I was busy first half of Ocotober and then nothing. So no PC $ on the 8th. Hope to have a BIG check on the 11-22. Woo hoo.

11 shows
5 caddy
1 craft fair I guess we all want FREE Fall products !!!

This is my first month, just got my kit today, and I have three shows booked and a fundraiser in the works. I'm hoping to get two more shows and hit at least $1500 this month.

My 20 is up to 12....Still working

Any additional creative booking ideas?

I ALWAYS have the worst luck with hosting my own open house---Duds!

I am up to 8 cooking shows (if they all hold), 2 catalog shows, 1 mystery host catalog show, and a fundraiser.

I still need more on my books if I am to earn that trip to Florida!!!

I have 4 Cooking Shows, 2 Booths, and 3 Catalog shows. The most I have ever done in 1 month is 4 shows so this is going to be interesting.... (I figure I am getting myself prepared for the next year since I will earn Disney!)

I have 1 show and 1 booth booked for December.

I have 5 for this month.. which is plenty for me.. :)

How are the shows going ladies? I have 3 down and working it BIG time for a WOW November! With two cancellations I still have 13 shows and continuing to book more!

Working to build big now to prepare for a HUMONGOUS January...

My boyfriend and his mom have never been to Disney World...It will be a trip for them, my mom and I YAY!!!!!

My November is in full swing, and going great- My show Sunday and yesterday were both $800 shows, and I still have 5 shows and a booth, and 4 catalog shows to close- My goal was $8000, but I will be happy with $6000

I was doing a lot better before this week. I just got THREE cancellations this week! My Monday, Thursday and Friday all cancelled at the last minute. GRRRRR!

Christ Follower said:
I was doing a lot better before this week. I just got THREE cancellations this week! My Monday, Thursday and Friday all cancelled at the last minute. GRRRRR!

I had a host try to cancel on me for the end of the month. I had already mailed her invitations. She was concerned that no one would be able to afford to buy anything. I told her to keep inviting people in addition to the 30 invites I mailed. I would rather have a room full of contacts, potential bookings and potential recruits than nothing at all...and you just never know the potential of a party...

I am meeting ALL of my hosts in person to get their guest lists AND mailing their invitations FOR them...I think this is definitely the KEY to avoiding cancelled parties! (Hope this helps)

I have 5 cooking shows and 3 catalog shows booked. I already had my first show and it looks like about a $500 show.
When we go to visit my husband's family in North Carolina for Thanksgiving I'm doing a show at a good friend's new house! I can see it being a $1000 show so keep your fingers crossed for me :) and the whole trip is a tax ride off :)

1. How many shows do I need to have on the books for November?

In order to qualify for the highest level of the sell-a-thon, you will need to have at least 10 shows booked for the month of November.

2. Can I still participate in the sell-a-thon if I only have 4 shows on the books?

Yes, you can still participate in the sell-a-thon with 4 shows on the books. However, in order to reach the highest level, you will need to book at least 6 more shows.

3. How do I track the number of shows I have on the books?

You can track the number of shows you have on the books by logging into your Pampered Chef account and accessing your calendar. You can also keep a physical calendar or planner to track your shows.

4. Can I add more shows to the books after the sell-a-thon has started?

Yes, you can add more shows to the books at any time during the sell-a-thon. However, keep in mind that the sell-a-thon ends on a specific date, so make sure to book your shows before then to qualify for the highest level.

5. How can I increase my chances of reaching the highest level in the sell-a-thon?

One way to increase your chances is by reaching out to past customers and offering incentives for booking a show in November. You can also promote the sell-a-thon on your social media platforms and offer special deals for those who book a show during the month. Additionally, make sure to follow up with potential hosts and close the deal before the sell-a-thon ends.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
gingertannery
  • milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • milkangel