• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Optimizing Your Kitchen Show: Finding the Perfect Recipe Quantity | Tammy's Tips

In summary, the conversation is about how many recipes to fix at a kitchen show. Tammy suggests doing one recipe, while others have done two or three. They discuss the benefits of doing one recipe, such as having more time for product demonstrations and less clean up. They also share recipe ideas, such as garlic bread and monkey bread, using Pampered Chef products. They suggest getting feedback from guests and hosts to determine the best approach for each show.
TammyJo
I was just wondering how many recipes everyone fixes at their kitchen shows. I usually fix 2 with the second one being mostly done just having to finish up the last few details but it seems that my shows are still pretty long and am thinking of dropping down to one this fall. I would like to hear everyone feedback
Tammy :confused:

I have done two shows and at one I made 2 recipes and the other 3. I kept telling the hostess that 3 was a lot of food for everyone, but she really wanted 3 so I did it (2 were mostly prepared ahead). Normally, I would say if your time is running long I would cut back to 1 for now. It never hurts to get feedback from the guests and host on what they think. Sometimes you may think it is going on forever, but if they are interested they won't even notice or even be happier with more recipes. I know it isn't a simple answer, but I would really try for their feedback. If you make them happy they'll make you happy (sales).

I'm a big fan of one. I tried two at my shows until now, and I loved cutting back to one, there's just more time for everything, and I was always leaving the hostess with tons of leftovers. I think one is enough. Let your host know (in a tactful way) that you're there for a kitchen show and 'dessert' (light snack, etc) and not a dinner. If she wants more food, perhaps give her two or three recipes to do ahead of time herself, then she can tell how easy/fun they were to do.

I normally just do one. At my show on Saturday I did a salad and a microwave cake. Both were quick and easy. I don't want to take too much time on a recipe since I talk so much about the products which make the show go longer(I can be such a chatterbox) :p

demo at your showsHi,
I try to do only 1 , and maybe the Galic bread or monkey bread too in the small sauta pan , cause its nice not to have too much to wash when I get home and I can talk about the products just as well as I can use them. ( less get dirty that way) and also it cuts down the time at a show people dont like really long shows ,If guests have to leave early at least they get to taste what you made. The breads show the cookware and they are so easy to make garlic Bread
melt 1 table spoon of butter in the Small saute pan
1 or 2 cloves of garlic with the galic press
1 tea spoon of Italian seasoning
1/4 cup of muzz cheese
1 table spoon of parm cheese
then 1 can of Pillsbury Biscuts , cut apart and cover to the edges of pan bake 350* till golden brown the FLIP OVER ON TO SIMPLE ADDITIONS MED SQURE ,so easy looks great they see the clean up in the pan
You can do the same but with brown sugar ,nuts , cin sugar that the Monkey Bread
I have sold 6 small saute pans one night it was GREAT.....
Doreen Zaino Future Director [email protected]

demo at your showsHi,
I try to do only 1 , and maybe the Galic bread or monkey bread too in the small sauta pan , cause its nice not to have too much to wash when I get home and I can talk about the products just as well as I can use them. ( less get dirty that way) and also it cuts down the time at a show people dont like really long shows ,If guests have to leave early at least they get to taste what you made. The breads show the cookware and they are so easy to make garlic Bread
melt 1 table spoon of butter in the Small saute pan
1 or 2 cloves of garlic with the galic press
1 tea spoon of Italian seasoning
1/4 cup of muzz cheese
1 table spoon of parm cheese
then 1 can of Pillsbury Biscuts , cut apart and cover to the edges of pan bake 350* till golden brown the FLIP OVER ON TO SIMPLE ADDITIONS MED SQURE ,so easy looks great they see the clean up in the pan
You can do the same but with brown sugar ,nuts , cin sugar thats the Monkey Bread
I have sold 6 small saute pans one night it was GREAT.....

Just one!I used to do two recipes, which was a hard habit to break. But, I was reminded that the Kitchen shows are to promote products, not recipes! I too am a chatterbox, and want to share all the tips I can about our awesome products. I find that my focus gets sidetracked when I'm worried too much about the recipes.

If my host insists on two recipes, this is what I tell her:
"I would love to demo two recipes at your show, but I know that you and your guests' time is valuable! When I demo one recipe, the show lasts about and hour and a half, and I wouldn't want to keep people there any longer. However, I have some great Pampered Chef recipes that are quick and easy, and would be more than happy to send you one ahead of time that would go great with what I'm already making. Would you like me to send you the recipe so you can make it ahead of time?"

Remember, you want to give them a taste, and leave them wanting more....!

I do one recipe and have a few smaller things out like dips with bread or crackers. I have block cheese out too and have the cheese knife out with it. But it changes...if I am doing a desert as my recipe, I usually have some fruit out and more power to the host if they want to have a few other things prepared too.

1. How many recipes should I fix for a dinner party?

The number of recipes you should fix for a dinner party depends on the number of guests you are expecting and the types of dishes you are planning to serve. As a general rule, plan to have at least one main dish and one or two side dishes per person. If you are serving appetizers or desserts, you may want to plan for a few extra recipes.

2. How many recipes should I fix for a week's worth of meals?

The number of recipes you should fix for a week's worth of meals will depend on how many people you are cooking for and their appetites. A good rule of thumb is to plan for 2-3 main dishes per week, and supplement with leftovers or quick meals like sandwiches or salads for the remaining days.

3. Can I use the same recipe multiple times in one week?

Yes, you can definitely use the same recipe multiple times in one week. This can be a great time-saving option, especially if you have a busy schedule. Just make sure to vary the side dishes or ingredients to keep the meals interesting.

4. How many recipes should I fix for a potluck?

The number of recipes you should fix for a potluck will depend on the number of people attending and the type of event. For a large potluck with many dishes, plan to bring one or two recipes. If it is a smaller gathering, you may want to bring three or more recipes to ensure there is enough food for everyone.

5. How many recipes should I fix for a family of four?

The number of recipes you should fix for a family of four will depend on the appetites of your family members and if you want to have leftovers for future meals. As a general guideline, plan for 3-4 main dishes per week, and supplement with leftovers or quick meals for the remaining days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • Chef Kearns