• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Recipe Selection Strategy Do You Use?

In summary, some Pampered Chef consultants prefer to only do one recipe for their shows, while others offer a selection for their hosts to choose from. Some consultants have a master recipe list that they allow their hosts to choose from, while others give their hosts free reign to choose any recipe from the cookbook. Ultimately, it is important to choose recipes that showcase Pampered Chef products and are quick and easy to prepare. Some consultants also do a second recipe if the host insists or if the first recipe is too simple. Some consultants also push the Celebrations recipes, but are open to other types of dishes if the host prefers.
mirandalea
I've just finished my fourth show to qualify by the end of the month. My director suggested just doing one recipe for these first shows, so I didn't have as much to learn right off the bat. She says she does this even now. I think she has just one or two recipes to choose from for each month. I don't do nearly as many shows as she does (she's got three or four per week!!) and I was thinking it may be more fun to do whatever the hostess wants, even if it's a different recipe every show. I of course would give them several Super Starter recipes, since I don't have much besides what came in my kit, and I'd want to have time to practice each at least once before using it at a show. Do you think I'd be biting off more than I can chew? I think for now, I'm just going to try to do one show a week. Of course if I get more, great, but I won't push for more than that so I don't burn myself out at the beginning.

How many choices do you give your hosts? Should I maybe just ask them for a general idea and then find recipes that fit? Or come up with a master list of recipes and let them choose? TIA for all of your input!!

Anything they want!!I usually let my veteran hosts pick anything they want. I love to cook and bake so I love practicing a lot of recipes at home. Sometimes I just show up and try a brand new recipe to show everyone that these are so simple and delicious we can make them in a snap!! And it's my first time too!! :p It has never backfired on me. :)

Debbie

I used to narrow down the recipees that I wanted my host to choose from usually from 2-3 to pick from. However, over the last 6 months or so, I have created a master recipee list of the favorites that I like to do at my shows-and I let the host decide for themselves which ones they would like to have at their show.

Since I started PC 6 years ago, I have always prepared two recipees at my kitchen/cooking shows-a main dish item and a quick dessert, unless someone decides to do like a "Just Dessert" theme show-then we would do two quick dessert recipees.

I know most people do only recipe but I just can't seem to go to just one. . . . Just make sure you do recipees that show alot of products-remember we are selling our products and not our recipees. . ..

I do one food recipe and one quick stir pitcher drink recipe at my cooking shows.

I start by giving them a list of about 5 appetizers and 5 desserts and ask them to choose one. When I call them I ask if they picked a recipe or if they had something else in mind. I like variety so I offer anything in our cookbook (and a few other recipes) as long as they show tools and cook within 30 minutes at the most.

I will do a second recipe if they insist or if they pick a really simple recipe that doesn't show many tools. Of course one of those recipes MUST be a quick finish it kind of dish.

PC1 said:
I used to narrow down the recipees that I wanted my host to choose from usually from 2-3 to pick from. However, over the last 6 months or so, I have created a master recipee list of the favorites that I like to do at my shows-and I let the host decide for themselves which ones they would like to have at their show.

Since I started PC 6 years ago, I have always prepared two recipees at my kitchen/cooking shows-a main dish item and a quick dessert, unless someone decides to do like a "Just Dessert" theme show-then we would do two quick dessert recipees.

I know most people do only recipe but I just can't seem to go to just one. . . . Just make sure you do recipees that show alot of products-remember we are selling our products and not our recipees. . ..
PC1 could I get a copy of your pc recipe master list? Could you send it to [email protected]

I only do one recipe. I push the Celebrations recipes first, but if the host isn't diggin' on any of them I will ask them what type of dish they would prefer. I do have a backup of popular and yummy recipes that are good to demo.

I really don't give them a choice. I try to do the same recipes for the entire month, unless someone books a show to be held that same month. I give them my idea and I choose. I have found if I let them make the choice they change their minds at the last minute. It has worked for me.

mirandalea said:
I've just finished my fourth show to qualify by the end of the month. My director suggested just doing one recipe for these first shows, so I didn't have as much to learn right off the bat. She says she does this even now. I think she has just one or two recipes to choose from for each month. I don't do nearly as many shows as she does (she's got three or four per week!!) and I was thinking it may be more fun to do whatever the hostess wants, even if it's a different recipe every show. I of course would give them several Super Starter recipes, since I don't have much besides what came in my kit, and I'd want to have time to practice each at least once before using it at a show. Do you think I'd be biting off more than I can chew? I think for now, I'm just going to try to do one show a week. Of course if I get more, great, but I won't push for more than that so I don't burn myself out at the beginning.

How many choices do you give your hosts? Should I maybe just ask them for a general idea and then find recipes that fit? Or come up with a master list of recipes and let them choose? TIA for all of your input!!

First of all, great job on qualifying in your first month:) And also, hello fellow KS gal! (i'm from KS too)
I've always done 2 recipes, I do one that I bake & while that's in the oven I'll do a dessert that I've done the crust or something, and finish it off then.
I typically ask what flavor of food they'd prefer, then give them a couple to choose from. (give them ideas of what I would like to do, but they still have a choice)

I give them 3 choices - one appetizer, one entree and one dessert! I change it monthly. I also tell them if they have 15 CONFIRMED guest or more in attendance, I will do the lava cake (rice cooker cake) and I will bring the ingredients. Believe it or not, people work at getting 15 people for that cake! For a couple of bucks on my part, I am loving the return!

Take care.

I like that, 1 quick stir recipe, I'll have to remember that. Thanks Christa

As for the recipes, I always do 1 and like some of you I pick that 1 for the month, unless they want a celebrations show. I don't know how you all are with bookings and recruiting, but 1 recipe vs 2 or 3 shows how easy our job is--good for recruiting. I do like that lava cake if 15 or more guests. Thats a special event thing not an every time thing. Anyway just my oppinoin.

Last edited:
That's a great idea about the lava cake! I can't wait to get the rice cooker and try it out!

Got rice cooker last night, after I left for my show of course!! Will be giving that lava cake a try.

As for what I do, I got this idea from my director. She sends them a recipe selection list that includes 3 different cuisines. Each includes a savory dish and a sweet dish. Although, I'm getting ready to take the Profiteroles off the list because I'm apparently doing something wrong. Mine always taste eggy! YUK! I'm going to replace it with the Strawberry Pastries. Those are really good and you can show more products by putting them together at the end.

What is the total number of recipes offered by Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef offers over 500 customizable and delicious recipes to choose from.

Are the recipes available in different categories?

Yes, the recipes are divided into categories such as appetizers, main dishes, desserts, and more to make it easier for you to find what you're looking for.

Can I search for recipes based on dietary restrictions?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef offers recipes that cater to various dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and dairy-free options.

Are the recipes easy to follow?

Yes, all of our recipes are designed to be easy to follow and use ingredients that are readily available. We also provide step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to make cooking a breeze.

Do you offer recipes for special occasions or holidays?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes for special occasions and holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, and even game day parties. You can find these recipes in our seasonal catalog or on our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • mmmsarah3