• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many of You Have Sold the 12 Inch Skillet

In summary, the conversation discusses various products and their success in selling, specifically the Santoku knife, prep bowls, DCB, 12" Executive Skillet, and salad spinner. The 12" Executive Skillet is highly recommended for demos and booking, and the stainless and executive lids are interchangeable. The salad spinner has been successful in selling and can be used as a booking tool. The conversation also mentions the versatility and practicality of the 12" skillet and its usefulness in one pan dinners and cakes. The stainless and nonstick versions of the 12" skillet are both worth purchasing.
Kimberlymmj
Before I spend the money I just wanted to know if it sells. I took off the salad spinner because it did seem like a waste. I have the santoku and the prep bowls for the little cakes. I am trying to save some money for when I need catalogs.

I haven't sold one but I did have people tell me they would buy it if it came with a lid. I personally have one and have demonstrated it. Everyone seems to like it until they see the price. I explain the cost and then they ask about the lid.

The 12" Executive Skillet is a must have - and if you demo it, you will get bookings. The DCB and this skillet are what I use as hooks for booking.

If you are wanting to know what products you should have for shows these are the two that I think should be top priority. Even more than the Santoku.

DessertDivaFL said:
I haven't sold one but I did have people tell me they would buy it if it came with a lid. I personally have one and have demonstrated it. Everyone seems to like it until they see the price. I explain the cost and then they ask about the lid.

I would offer the lid to them for FREE if they hosted a show!!!

I've sold 4 at full price and 5 at 60% off. I never actually bring the 12" skillet to my show but having it at home to talk about is great!

Definitely good for booking and I have had people buy them as well. I personally use mine practically everyday. LOVE it.

I've sold several, and booked several shows from using it. On average, I sell about 1 full price every 5-6 months and my hosts (maybe about 1 in 3 hosts) tend to buy it or some form of cookware. You don't have to have it to sell cookware...in fact my last one sold at full price I didn't even demo cookware just talked about it and a lady bought it (in Feb). If you think you will use it, then buy it...if it too big for your family then don't worry about it. There are tons of ways to sell cookware. I have a big family so I use it almost everyday...for me it was a practical purchase.

In All the Best there is the Turtle Fudge Skillet cake...YUMMO!!! Great demo recipe, shows the versatility and is a great booking tool.

The Salad Spinner has not been a waste of time for me. If you go to Bed, Bath and Beyond you can purchase a Salad Spinner and a Berry Spinner. Both combined are well over the cost of ours, take up more space and are much more cheaply made. I have sold these full price and used them as a booking tool. As we head into the summer months, people are going to go to using produce more. I had one customer rave about the Salad Spinner when she described taking her lettuce fresh from the garden and using the SS. She remarked how well it helped clean and dry the lettuce.

I could NOT live without my 12" skillet. I can live without my salad spinner.

Does the stainless lid fit the 12 inch skillet?

I have sold many going into the Fall YES I would get one for yourself . if you have a host not using there 1/2 price iten use it or do a catalog show in Aug to get one for 60% off.
You can make one pan dinners , cakes ect you will sell them bring the small one to all of your partys now so you will book for Aug

Belle4562 said:
Does the stainless lid fit the 12 inch skillet?

All the Stainless and Executive lids are interchangeable.

I've sold 3 & couldn't survive w/out mine!!

scottcooks said:
All the Stainless and Executive lids are interchangeable.

Really? I didn't realize that! Thanks so much.

I have never sold one at full price but have sold several as 1/2 price items. I do however, sell the salad spinner if I demo it, even at full price.

Have it, show it, sell it...totally worth it!

Awesome, thanks!

I use the 12 inch stainless when I do Power Cooking classes. I always sell one to the host and sometimes get bookings from guests just to get this skillet. I use mine all the time!

I have the stainless sets but want to add the 12 inch nonstick in Sept. - I'm glad to hear both are worth it!

pcsharon1 said:
Really? I didn't realize that! Thanks so much.

I have never sold one at full price but have sold several as 1/2 price items. I do however, sell the salad spinner if I demo it, even at full price.

But the handles are different, the stainless does not have silicone on it.....

the 12" pan is absolutely the best - I have one that I bring to my shows and got another for myself because I use it so often. Have sold a few and each person who has bought it has called to let me know how fabulous it is. worth showing - definitely try to have your own show to get it for 60% in August. now what do you all think of the grill pan? do I need that too (not to bring to parties but to cook with for myself??)

doughmama said:
the 12" pan is absolutely the best - I have one that I bring to my shows and got another for myself because I use it so often. Have sold a few and each person who has bought it has called to let me know how fabulous it is. worth showing - definitely try to have your own show to get it for 60% in August.

now what do you all think of the grill pan? do I need that too (not to bring to parties but to cook with for myself??)

Oops! Aug. - that is what I meant - not Sept!

I am having my own party in August so deciding if I want to get the grill pan for myself or if I want to get cookware to offer as an incentive when booking a party. I have the 12" skillet - is the grill pan that different? I saute and grill chicken, etc in my skillet. any thoughts??

I have sold at full price about 20 lids and 15 12" skillets and done MORE as hostess items. EVERYONE loves this peice and if you show it you will sell it!! Push it NOW for August hosts!!

I'm not a big fan of the grill pan ... got it for free last year, told myself I'd use it more often if I had the press ... now both are collecting dust in a cupboard.

The 12 inch .. now that puppy gets used all the time, and if I'm doing a recipe that uses it, it always gets a wow. I've sold all of the ones I've sold at 60 percent off, and I often say, "Nobody pays full price for this pan." It is a booking tool.

I have the grill pan and I'm not a huge fan either. Not sure if I'm just not great cooking on it, but every time I grill meat on it my entire house stinks. Imagine cooking on the grill (with all the smoke) inside... And it seems to take forever to cook.

pampered.chris said:
I have sold at full price about 20 lids and 15 12" skillets and done MORE as hostess items. EVERYONE loves this peice and if you show it you will sell it!! Push it NOW for August hosts!!

What are you doing to sell that many at full price?!? Please share your secret. :D

Holy cow! I did the Asian Pork and Noodle Skillet tonight and sold two 12" skillets! They love those "one-pot wonders" (cooking everything in one pan or pot).

Can't wait to show them the new Weekday Dinners - Done!

My upline sent out an email with info from the 2007 Consultant News about a Director Lisa Amblo - she sold 55 skillets at full price in one year and 50 grill pans. The way that she talks about our cookware makes you want to run out and buy it again and again. She calls both of them "show me" Pieces and tells consultants not to say straight away that they are a great deal as a 50% off item. She says it devalues our cookware and they are worth every penny. I will forward the email that has a long segment about her and what she says at parties if anyone would like. It gave me some great ideas about how to sell our cookware - or how to let them sell selves. Mara

Maragib said:
My upline sent out an email with info from the 2007 Consultant News about a Director Lisa Amblo - she sold 55 skillets at full price in one year and 50 grill pans. The way that she talks about our cookware makes you want to run out and buy it again and again. She calls both of them "show me" Pieces and tells consultants not to say straight away that they are a great deal as a 50% off item. She says it devalues our cookware and they are worth every penny. I will forward the email that has a long segment about her and what she says at parties if anyone would like. It gave me some great ideas about how to sell our cookware - or how to let them sell selves. Mara

If you go to the files section here, and type in Lisa Amblo - you will find files which contain the script that she uses.

We use the Executive 12" skillet on average at least 3 times a week. My DH loves to make omelets for the two of us, in it. Because we are just two, I prepare the full recipe and have enough servings to freeze portions for two later meals, when I make the Asian Pork Noodle skillet, for example. Another favorite is Texas Hash from an old Betty Crocker cookbook. I tried to attach but the system doesn't seem to work tonight.

I love our Grill pan but only use it once or twice a month. It does a great job on Panini sandwiches and tilapia fish. Neither of those require much time, and that is the big selling feature in my mind.

I have sold more 12" skillets than Grill pans. I believe the lid is a necessity for the skillet.

Maragib said:

I know Lisa personally & I've seen her MANY times & I'm always amazed how well she talks about the cookware!! GO LISA!!! :D

1. How many people have purchased the 12 inch skillet?

The exact number of people who have purchased the 12 inch skillet is not publicly available, but it is a popular item among customers. Many reviews and testimonials attest to its quality and usefulness in the kitchen.

2. Is the 12 inch skillet worth the money?

While the 12 inch skillet may seem like a significant investment, it is a durable and versatile piece of cookware that can last for years. If properly cared for, it can be a valuable addition to your kitchen and save you money in the long run.

3. Why did you remove the salad spinner from the catalog?

The decision to remove the salad spinner from the catalog was based on customer feedback and sales data. It was not a popular item and did not sell well, so we decided to discontinue it and focus on other products that our customers are more interested in.

4. How do the santoku and prep bowls compare to the 12 inch skillet?

The santoku and prep bowls serve different purposes than the 12 inch skillet. The santoku is a type of knife that is great for slicing, dicing, and mincing, while the prep bowls are perfect for holding and measuring ingredients. The 12 inch skillet is ideal for cooking and frying larger portions of food.

5. Will there be any upcoming promotions or discounts on the 12 inch skillet?

We cannot guarantee any upcoming promotions or discounts on the 12 inch skillet. However, our company often offers sales and deals on various products, so it is always a good idea to keep an eye out for any updates or announcements on our website or social media channels.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kspry
  • mommyhugz1978
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • jchesley