• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficient Entertaining: One or Two Dishes for Large Groups on Weeknights

In summary, Julie recommends doing one recipe and making that one really well. She also suggests having a list of easy recipes that guests can choose from if they are running out of time.
pkd09
Silver Member
I have been preparing 1 or 2 dishes depending on the size of the group but I am finding out that with a large group preparing 2 dishes takes time. People seem to get a little squirmy especially if the party is on a week night and they have worked all day. I am thinking about only doing one dish and making that one that is either in cookware or a stone demonstrating as many tools as possible. What do you do?

I usually do two recipes, but I do one main recipe that needs to bake (usually) and while that one is baking I go over host benefits, etc. and then just finish up a recipe that I've done most of the work for ahead of time. For example, my 2nd recipe may be the TFS Cake. I make the cake before the show so it's ready to flip out of the pan right before the show starts and most of the guests are there. Then at the end of the show I do the topping which takes only a few minutes, but it gives me an opportunity to talk about the cookware and make an impressive dessert.

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

That's a really good idea (to move to 1 recipe). I used to do 2 recipes, but I felt like my show was taking forever. Now I stick with the Celebrations shows. I ask my host is she would prefer an appetizer, main dish or dessert. Then I give her the Celebrations choices. If those don't spark her interest I do have a short list of additional recipes that I offer.

If her RSVP'd list is kinda long I'll suggest a chip and dip tray or to double to the recipe I'm making. Just to make sure everyone is able to sample. For example the Family Burrito--hard to double, but if we made Spanish Rice in the rice cooker and she had chips and dip avaliable then everyone should leave satisfied.

One recipe to demo. If there is a big crowd or she is concerned about having enough, I offer the Farmer's Market Seasonings or any easy dip I can prepare ahead of time (pizza dip or hot artichoke dip).

Two for me!I always do two, but I make sure that one of the recipes requires no baking. If it is something like the Chocolate Chip Sensation, Banana Toffee Pizza or the Taffy Apple Pizza, I go ahead and bake the cookie at home. Then when the hostess says, "Oh I already bought cookie dough" I either just tell her to keep it or tell her I will take hers to use for my next show (this is what my director told me to do). If I think about it ahead of time, I usually just tell them not to even purchase it. As soon as I get to the hosts house, I set up and then begin prepping. I try to prep about half or two thirds of each ingredient so they don't have to watch me do the whole thing. I usually have the whole presentation done in 45 minutes to an hour and then they eat, place their orders and leave. I usually spend about 3 hours total at a show. I even had one $500 show that started at 2, and I was back home by 4 (I only lived about 15 minutes away).

1. How many servings does each Pampered Chef product make?

The number of servings for each product varies. Our products are designed to help you create meals for small gatherings or large parties. The product packaging will indicate the estimated number of servings.

2. Can I adjust the serving size for a recipe using Pampered Chef products?

Yes, you can adjust the serving size for any recipe using Pampered Chef products. Our products are designed to be versatile and can accommodate different serving sizes. Simply adjust the ingredients and cooking time accordingly.

3. How do I know if a recipe using Pampered Chef products will be enough for my guests?

Each recipe using Pampered Chef products will indicate the estimated number of servings. You can also refer to the product packaging for the estimated number of servings the product can make. If you are unsure, it is always better to err on the side of caution and make more than you think you will need.

4. Can I use Pampered Chef products for meal planning and prep?

Yes, many of our products are designed specifically for meal planning and prep. They can help you save time and make cooking for the week a breeze. Look for products that are labeled as meal prep or meal planning tools.

5. How can I make sure I have enough food for a large group using Pampered Chef products?

If you are cooking for a large group, we recommend using multiple Pampered Chef products to make a variety of dishes. This will ensure that you have enough food for everyone. You can also refer to the product packaging for the estimated number of servings each product can make.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ButterflyVioletta
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
TrishPCMommy
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies