1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: How Many Do You Prepare?

1. pkd09

pkd09 Future Director Silver Member

I have been preparing 1 or 2 dishes depending on the size of the group but I am finding out that with a large group preparing 2 dishes takes time. People seem to get a little squirmy especially if the party is on a week night and they have worked all day. I am thinking about only doing one dish and making that one that is either in cookware or a stone demonstrating as many tools as possible. What do you do?

Mar 6, 2006
  2. pcjulie

pcjulie Member

I usually do two recipes, but I do one main recipe that needs to bake (usually) and while that one is baking I go over host benefits, etc. and then just finish up a recipe that I've done most of the work for ahead of time. For example, my 2nd recipe may be the TFS Cake. I make the cake before the show so it's ready to flip out of the pan right before the show starts and most of the guests are there. Then at the end of the show I do the topping which takes only a few minutes, but it gives me an opportunity to talk about the cookware and make an impressive dessert.

Julie Myers
    Denver, PA

Mar 6, 2006
  3. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

That's a really good idea (to move to 1 recipe). I used to do 2 recipes, but I felt like my show was taking forever. Now I stick with the Celebrations shows. I ask my host is she would prefer an appetizer, main dish or dessert. Then I give her the Celebrations choices. If those don't spark her interest I do have a short list of additional recipes that I offer.

If her RSVP'd list is kinda long I'll suggest a chip and dip tray or to double to the recipe I'm making. Just to make sure everyone is able to sample. For example the Family Burrito--hard to double, but if we made Spanish Rice in the rice cooker and she had chips and dip avaliable then everyone should leave satisfied.

Mar 6, 2006
  4. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

One recipe to demo. If there is a big crowd or she is concerned about having enough, I offer the Farmer's Market Seasonings or any easy dip I can prepare ahead of time (pizza dip or hot artichoke dip).

Mar 6, 2006
  5. jenniferlynne

jenniferlynne Senior Member

Two for me!

I always do two, but I make sure that one of the recipes requires no baking. If it is something like the Chocolate Chip Sensation, Banana Toffee Pizza or the Taffy Apple Pizza, I go ahead and bake the cookie at home. Then when the hostess says, "Oh I already bought cookie dough" I either just tell her to keep it or tell her I will take hers to use for my next show (this is what my director told me to do). If I think about it ahead of time, I usually just tell them not to even purchase it. As soon as I get to the hosts house, I set up and then begin prepping. I try to prep about half or two thirds of each ingredient so they don't have to watch me do the whole thing. I usually have the whole presentation done in 45 minutes to an hour and then they eat, place their orders and leave. I usually spend about 3 hours total at a show. I even had one $500 show that started at 2, and I was back home by 4 (I only lived about 15 minutes away).

Have something to add?