• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Leave Butter Out All Day Before Baking Cookies?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of leaving butter out at room temperature. Some people share their experiences and methods, while others suggest using a butter bell to keep it fresh. It is generally agreed upon that salted butter can be left out for a few hours, but unsalted butter should be refrigerated. Many people express interest in a PC butter bell product.
its_me_susan
I used to know a family that NEVER refrigerated their butter ~ it was always that wonderful spreadable texture. I want to make cookies later on... think I can leave it out half the day? Just need reassurance. lol.

When I was a kid my mom left the butter on the counter all the time. She doesn't do it anymore though.

its_me_susan said:
I used to know a family that NEVER refrigerated their butter ~ it was always that wonderful spreadable texture. I want to make cookies later on... think I can leave it out half the day? Just need reassurance. lol.

Years ago my mom would say it would get rancid. But I think that depends on the length & the temperature. I'm sure half a day at normal temperature will be fine. I do it often. Now if only I could bake cookies!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

If you want room temp butter, you can always get a butterbell.... However, I had butter sitting out on my counter all day on Friday (it's when we celebrated Thanksgiving b/c my DH is a firefighter and was on shift T-Day). I left it sitting it out, b/c I knew that if I needed it, I would need it room temp and not need to or want to or have time to wait for it to soften.And the butter was perfect for the evening meal when people wanted to spread it on their dinner rolls. That's just my two cents. :)

And I always let my ingredients sit out when baking so that everything is room temp. :)

As a kid, my mom ALWAYS left the butter out as well. Always the real stick butter too.

Salted butter is ok to leave out at room temperature. Unsalted butter should always be refrigerated.

Have a great Sunday!

jsfergs said:
Salted butter is ok to leave out at room temperature. Unsalted butter should always be refrigerated.

Have a great Sunday!

Interesting...........If your a big Food TV fan you'll notice that all bakers and chefs use unsalted butter, and yes they bake with their butter at room temp.
As someone in the food industry I would say if you are not using a butter bell please put your butter back in the fridge after 2-3 hours. Butter can be left out but not for long periods of time. (just my two cents);)

What is a "Butter Bell"?I've seen this term a lot on Chef Success recently, and I still haven't figured out what it is. Could someone please share, please?

Thanks!

rennea said:
Interesting...........If your a big Food TV fan you'll notice that all bakers and chefs use unsalted butter, and yes they bake with their butter at room temp.
As someone in the food industry I would say if you are not using a butter bell please put your butter back in the fridge after 2-3 hours. Butter can be left out but not for long periods of time. (just my two cents);)

What is a butter bell ?

Wow--I have never seen these before. They are pretty neat!

Very cool information! I liked the little Food Network video too. I did see several people mention this would be an awesome PC product and now I agree! :)

I grew up on butter on a butter dish in the cupboard and still store my butter this way. I always keep a stick on a dish in the cupboard and have never had any problems. We use a stick of butter every 3-5 days, then a new stick comes of of the frig and into the cupboard.

Sk8Mom209 said:
I grew up on butter on a butter dish in the cupboard and still store my butter this way. I always keep a stick on a dish in the cupboard and have never had any problems. We use a stick of butter every 3-5 days, then a new stick comes of of the frig and into the cupboard.

I do the same. Never tasted or smelled rancid.

How long can butter sit outMom never keep butter in the refridgerator she always had it in a dish.:)

We keep ours on the counter. I have never had a problem. If i am baking i will either have my butter sit out all day or over night. If not, i stick it in the microwave for 2 minutes on power level 1. Just make sure to check it!

That butterbell is just too cool!! I want one now! TPC definitely needs to come out with one of those!! :)

oh yes PC must get those. I know they'd sell, I'd buy 1 of each and Im cheap lol

If PC came out with one... could you imagine the look on the faces of those "certain" customers we have ....."you mean you don't put your butter in the fridge OR wash your stones with soap?????!?!?!!" :eek: :eek: :D

Pampered Laura said:
If PC came out with one... could you imagine the look on the faces of those "certain" customers we have ....."you mean you don't put your butter in the fridge OR wash your stones with soap?????!?!?!!" :eek: :eek: :D

PC is cutting edge. :)

hehehe
Pampered Laura said:

I know, Priceless huh? :rolleyes:

1. How long can butter sit out at room temperature?

Butter can sit out at room temperature for up to 2 hours. After that, it is recommended to either use or refrigerate the butter to prevent any bacterial growth.

2. Can I leave butter out overnight?

No, it is not recommended to leave butter out overnight as it can spoil and become unsafe to consume.

3. How can I tell if butter has gone bad?

If butter has gone bad, it will have a rancid smell and taste. It may also have a discolored appearance or mold growth.

4. Can I leave butter out in a covered dish?

It is not recommended to leave butter out in a covered dish as it can still spoil due to the moisture trapped in the container. It is best to use a butter dish with a lid that allows air to circulate.

5. How long can whipped butter sit out?

Whipped butter can sit out at room temperature for up to 4 hours. After that, it is recommended to refrigerate to maintain its whipped texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • Chef Mary Rose
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • kam