• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Streamline Your Travels: Tips for Efficient Packing and Lighter Loads

In summary, the lady brings less items to the show to save on trips into and out of the house. She usually brings what she needs for the recipe, the hostess' tote, and a few other key items. Her sales are usually high because she does not have to carry as much and can take her time looking through the catalog.
chesse
Gold Member
Good evening everyone. I had my first cooking show in ages on Sunday and due to a scheduling snafu, I didn't have time to "set up" a display. So I only really showed the products I was actually using for the demo. Basically I lugged in two big totes and used didn't take anything out! (I guess I host coached well enough since she had 4 outside orders, two bookings and ten in attendance. $620 when I left.) I got my fall samples today and I started thinking. I of course would like to show the new things off. I'm thinking about just packing my "dirty" bin with the demo items, bringing my TTA, new spice rack tote (when I earn it!) and some of the new products. Tired of lugging so much! Thoughts?

I spoke with a neat lady at NC in General Sessions and she told me her daughter only takes the products needed for recipes. So with my first show after NC, I did just that. you know what? I saved about 4 trips into the house and out and LOVED IT! It did not hurt sales - over $600 - so... I did it a second time and that too worked - over $1000 in sales!!! No more back breaking trips to and from my car anymore! I will pick one item - the Spice Rack - and that will be it!! The rest can sit until needed.

I bring what I need for the recipe and a few other things depending on what the hostess wants to see, what's new, what is an upcoming host special.

I only pack the items I'm using and a few more "key" items. I always bring my TTA and tote, though, and it has almost all my smaller tools in it. So yeah! I say go for it!

I've been bringing my spice turnabout since I got it - LOVE that thing. But I mostly just bring what I need for the demo, TTA, spices, and cookbooks...and sometimes the next month's host special if I'm not using it in the demo. I love that next month is the Knives - since I always have those with me in my TTA, and always use them in my demo.

Thank you for your input. It makes me wonder why I bought all the new products though! All of our products were new at one point. Have to work harder on earning them I guess. Thanks again.

I have noticed that when I bring less my sales are higher. Possibly b/c I don't ramble on and on about different products, possibly b/c they have more time to actually look through the catalog. Whatever it is... I bring what I need for the show and a few other key items, and yes, I always have the TTA which helps to increase sales.

Seems most people are for bringing less. I have to give a little credit to the "bringing more" side. I am always amazed when I go over orders from a show that what I bring and "show" is what sells. I guess the people in my area love to see the items. Having said that, I do try to cut back what I take. I try to take everything into the host's house in just two trips--sure I may have bags in each hand, etc., but I really do try to cut back, some. And, my sales are great!

I have to walk up a BIG LONG sidewalk to get to our parking lot so I only take what I can in 1 trip to my car. Its usually what I need for the receipe, the tta (because i LOVE IT!) and a tote with catalogs and stuff like that.

1. How can I pack light for a trip without sacrificing essential items?

One way to pack light is by creating a packing list and sticking to it. Prioritize items that are necessary for your trip, and try to choose versatile pieces of clothing that can be dressed up or down. You can also save space by packing travel-sized toiletries or using compression bags for bulky items.

2. What are some tips for organizing my luggage to make it more lightweight?

Rolling your clothes instead of folding them can save space and reduce wrinkles. You can also use packing cubes or dividers to keep your belongings organized and compact. Additionally, consider leaving bulky items such as hair dryers or extra shoes at home and instead use items provided by your accommodation.

3. How can I minimize the weight of my carry-on bag?

Choose a lightweight carry-on bag, and only pack essentials such as a change of clothes, toiletries, and any necessary electronics. You can also wear your heaviest items, such as a jacket or a pair of boots, to save space and weight in your bag.

4. Are there any specific types of luggage that are better for traveling light?

There are various options for lightweight luggage, such as soft-sided suitcases or backpacks made with lightweight materials. Look for luggage with multiple compartments and compression features to help you stay organized and pack efficiently.

5. How can I avoid overpacking and ending up with a heavy suitcase?

Before packing, think about the activities you will be doing on your trip and plan outfits accordingly. Stick to a color scheme to mix and match items, and avoid packing items "just in case." It may also be helpful to weigh your suitcase before leaving to ensure it meets weight restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • quiverfull7
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pckelly
  • ms_twana