• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is 9 PM the Latest Acceptable Time to Make a Phone Call?

In Summary, I try to make my calls between 7-8 on weekdays, and 8-9 on weekends, in order to avoid disturbing people at dinner time.
Brianne
It's been an ongoing discussion in my household and cluster, so I'm curious how you all will respond!

I try not to make calls past 8:30, unless I have made a notation about a certain person, that it is ok to call later. I have also been trying to get a work number, and ask if it's ok to call them at work.

I find that 9-9:30 is good for me, I do them on sunday between 8:30 and 9:30 in the evening, the kids are in bed, the parents are relaxing in front of the TV before the week start and they are not stress by getting the next day ready, they had all weekend to relaxe. And now that the summer is there the sun is up way longer and I don't know anyone that goes to bed before the sun is down, but I will say no later then 9:30, or just think about what is good for you. Do you like people calling your house after 9:30 or after 9 when there is no emergency, I know for myself I dont like when they do it, even if I dont go to bed later then that.

I don't call after 9 PM unless a person has ok'd to call past that time.

When I set up the first call with them (usually at the show) I ask what time is too late and mark that down.

I try to keepmy calls short, starting at 7:30, I'll call until 9:30. WHen I get an answering machine, I leave a message saying that they are welcome to give me a call tonight, I'll in the office returning calls until 10:00, but will call them after I've made my other calls. Hopefully we can touch base then. If they are not home the 2nd time, I tell them that I will call them tomorrow (or whatever day you hav planned) between XX & YYY times. Make sure you follow up on those calls...
Esther

I think 9 pm. But we have a one year old. Before I was a mother, I probably would have thought 9:30 was fine! Last night someone called us at 9:48, and it really seemed too late. Then again, we don't watch TV, so a phone ringing probably sounds different in a quiet house than a TV house.

I don't make any phone calls past 9 pm. At that time, I am trying to get a little down time and spend some quiet time with my husband. Now, I don't usually get to sleep until midnight but it is nice to have a couple hours of quiet time to myself. I make my phone calls between 7-9 and find I can usually get that done during that time. If not, I will have to wait until tomorrow!

My own answerI have mixed feelings about calling times. I have a better chance of reaching people when I call on weeknights, but then I'm comfortable calling only until 8pm. If it's a weekend I'll call until 9pm.

I think part of this comes from the time that I called a lady on a Tuesday night at 8:15pm and her daughter woke her up to talk to me. I felt so bad!!!

I'm with youI don't feel good going past 8pm unless pre-discussed. Although we stay up all night long, I get itchy trying to call on business later than that!

Call TimesI try to make my calls from 7 - 8 (customer care calls, etc.) If there is a host that I am working with and I know from her that it is ok to call later, I might go as far as 8:30.

I try not to call before 7 on weekdays because no one likes to be bothered at dinner time. The weekends are usually the same because people have activities, church, etc. Also, I think of when I get the bulk of my telemarketer calls - they have done tons of research as to when is a good time to call... and most of mine are from 6 - 8. I get rather annoyed if I am disturbed past 8 (unless again I am expecting the call.) Also, I find that most of my customers are women with small children. Many of them are doing baths and bedtime by 8 and you might get rushed off the phone.

As for dealing with hosts, ask in the beginning for an acceptable time frame. At shows, perhaps when people are filling out the drawing slips it could be suggested to put a call timeframe as well, but I have not done that. :)

I will usually call until about 9 unless I'm told otherwise. I'm just afraid of waking someone in the household up!

1. How late is too late to call someone from Pampered Chef?

We understand that it can be difficult to determine the appropriate time to make a call. Our general rule is to avoid calling after 9pm, but we recommend checking with the individual first to see what time works best for them.

2. Can I call someone from Pampered Chef during their work hours?

Yes, our consultants are available to take calls during their designated work hours. Please keep in mind that these hours may vary depending on their schedule and availability. We recommend checking with the consultant beforehand to ensure they are available to take your call.

3. Is it okay to call someone from Pampered Chef on the weekends?

Our consultants may have different schedules on the weekends, so we recommend checking with them first before making a call. Some may be available to take calls during this time, while others may prefer to have weekends off to spend with their families.

4. What if I missed a call from someone at Pampered Chef?

If you missed a call from one of our consultants, we recommend reaching out to them as soon as possible. They may be able to reschedule the call or provide you with the information you need through email or a text message.

5. Can I call Pampered Chef after hours and leave a message?

Absolutely! We have a voicemail system set up for our consultants to receive messages after hours. They will do their best to get back to you as soon as they can during their regular work hours.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Karen Weber