• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Defining Spamming: Rules and Guidelines for E-mail Outreach to Realtors

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of spamming and whether a specific action, such as sending one email to multiple realtors, can be considered spamming. The participants also share their experiences and opinions on the matter, with some suggesting alternative approaches such as visiting offices or sending physical mail. The conversation ends with one person sharing their decision to send out emails and their hopes for potential success.
gilliandanielle
I need a little clarification on spamming. I want to look up local e-mail addresses of real estate brokers. They are all listed on thier websites, and I am only sending realtors a message about closing gifts, with a sentence at the end about personal orders welcome also. Would you consider this spamming? What are the rules if they didn't ask me to send it, but could be something they are interested in? I see it as just a shortcut instead of calling every single one of them. Plus it saves them time too because if they are not interested they can just delete it instead of having to deal with my follow up calls. I know that spamming is absolutly not allowed, but what is the actual definition of spammingin PC's eyes? Any help is appreciated!!

I see spamming as a mass e-mail for unsolicited products or services. I will say I don't see how e-mailing one realtor at a time the info about closing gifts is any different than sending a letter through the mail. What I did in the past was send a letter and in the letter I stated that I would call them in 1 week and see what they thought. Most of the people that I spoke with got the letter and welcomed my call. The others told me that they weren't interested and that was that. I don't know that I have helped, but that's my two cents.

You could add a disclaimer of sortsto your e-mail. Say something like "If you wish me to not contact you please reply to this e-mail and state this. Thank you."

Thanks! What do you guys think about sending one e-mail to everyone? Is that too close to the line of spamming?

gilliandanielle said:
Thanks! What do you guys think about sending one e-mail to everyone? Is that too close to the line of spamming?

Why not visit each office and tell them you would like to "Pamper them" for a week with a few recipes. Leave a few catalogs with a print out of ideas, or better yet create a basket (woven) with a few of the gifts you envision with an index card telling how much the "package" costs, and offer to create them for them for an additional $5?

Or.... just send a cover letter with a catalog to each office you wish to introduce yourself to. Follow up with a call a few days later.

Good luck!

If you do send emails, make sure the addresses are in the BCC line. There is another thread around here that talks about that.

Will do Kate, thanks for the tip!

soonerchef said:
I see spamming as a mass e-mail for unsolicited products or services. I will say I don't see how e-mailing one realtor at a time the info about closing gifts is any different than sending a letter through the mail. What I did in the past was send a letter and in the letter I stated that I would call them in 1 week and see what they thought. Most of the people that I spoke with got the letter and welcomed my call. The others told me that they weren't interested and that was that. I don't know that I have helped, but that's my two cents.

So how did it go? I have wanted to do the realtor gift idea and have not heard too much on its success..

Ok, spamming or not, I decided to send out e-mails today. I sent them to over 300 realtors, all the same e-mail in batches of 20. In the e-mail I just explained PC and asked for replies with their mailing addresses if their were interested. I also put a thing at the bottom saying to reply to unsubscibe if they want. I also mentioned that I would love to have them on my monthly newsletter list. We will see what happens!! I figure that even if I get no response at all I tried. It took all day, but I can hope that something comes of it no matter how small.

gilliandanielle said:
Ok, spamming or not, I decided to send out e-mails today. I sent them to over 300 realtors, all the same e-mail in batches of 20. In the e-mail I just explained PC and asked for replies with their mailing addresses if their were interested. I also put a thing at the bottom saying to reply to unsubscibe if they want. I also mentioned that I would love to have them on my monthly newsletter list. We will see what happens!! I figure that even if I get no response at all I tried. It took all day, but I can hope that something comes of it no matter how small.

Keep us posted on how well it goes. I have been thinking about contacting our local realtors, and I like the e-mail option. Good work Gillian!

What did your email say?

It was based on a realtor letter that I found on here, but I tweaked it a bit to reflect an e-mail rather than packet. Here's what it said:
Do you send your new homeowners a thank you note with a business card and hope they’ll send you a referral?

Would you rather have them rave about you to their friends & family?

Would you like them to remember you every time they cook in their new home?
If you were a new homeowner, would you like to open your door for the first time & find a surprise waiting for you from your real estate agent?

If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then why not do something truly unique? Give a thank-you gift that lasts much longer than cheese and crackers!

Imagine the reaction of new homeowners when they open their door for the first time & see a gift basket or box just waiting for them. Then, imagine their surprise when they see the tag or card that says, “Welcome to your new home!” and it’s from you! Your name will be remembered and mentioned to all of their friends when talking about their experience.

My name is Gillian Wright and I’m your local consultant for The Pampered Chef®. We have sold high quality kitchen tools for over twenty five years and have an unmatched level of quality that you can be proud to share with your customers. Here is a special offer extended just to you, the Real Estate agent, to help you stand out and be remembered with fondness by your clients.

As a special ‘thank-you’ for considering using my services I am giving all orders the new Spring/ Summer 2006 Season’s Best Cookbook for FREE! If you are interested in looking at a catalog for your business, or would like to hold a show or place a personal order please e-mail me or give me a call. All I need is your mailing address and a catalog, order form, and pre-made gift set ideas will be in your hands within days. All orders over $60 submitted before June 30 will receive the ice cream sandwich make free, and orders over $150 will be counted as a show! This entitles you to many more benefits including 10% off for a year, and free and discounted products. I’ll check back with you in a few days to answer any questions you might have. Thank you for your time.

Thank you,

Gillian Wright
Independent Kitchen Consultant for The Pampered Chef®
www.pamperedchef.biz/gillianwright [email protected]
(907)376-1226

Keep me on your e-mail list to receive monthly newsletters with upcoming specials and great recipes to try!
If you would like to not be contacted further please reply to this e-mail with 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

OK, here's the first update... I am about 18 hours in, and I have gotten one request for more information. It is better than nothing, but I thought I would get a little better response. I haven't had anyone ask to be removed from the list yet though! I figure with e-mail it probably goes into junk mail, but with realtors they have to check their junk mail because they never know who is e-mailing them regarding buying or selling!

Just curious, Gillian how did you retreive the list of 300 realtors email addresses to begin with? I love the email idea!

It took a good 6 hours to make the list. I just went to yahoo and typed in Wasilla, Alaska realtors (obviously change to where you are) and a million links popped up. Most were to pages of one realtor. I found the address, copied to a word doc and went to the next one. I found some good pages though that had a bunch of different realtors on one page which really helped (One had almost 100!!!) but even if there are 4 or 5 addresses on one page it is better than one. I only found 5 or 6 pages that didn't have e-mail, but when I sent the messages out 22 came back as undeliverable. Hopefully more people are going to respond and just haven't had the time yet, but if nothing else I know that I tried. If I fail doing Pampered Chef I want to be able to tell myself that I pursued every possibility and it just didn't work out.

thanks! I think I will try it!

Gillian,

I was going to do this today. I was just wondering if you have more updates on the 300 e-mails that you sent out?

I did this awhile back and sent it out to about 175 realtors and didn't get a single response. I even sent it to my own realtor who i recently purchased my home from and he didn't even reply. Another realtor works as an agent for our Construction company and he's been in several times since I personally sent him the e-mail (aside from the mass mailing) and he didn't even mention it. I wish that I could have had a few good leads because I think it would be a great way to market the thank you gift idea.... i'm anxious to see what kind of luck you had.

I wouldn't waste my time! I sent out over 330 e-mails to realtors and got one request for a catalog. I sent the one catalog and didn't get a response. I sent a follow up e-mail, no response. Follow up call, left message, no response. Second message, no response. It was a waste of time, but a good effort I thought! If I didn't do it then I would always wonder what happened if I had. Maybe e-mail 10-15 realtors so that you can call them to follow up. Like most things in PC this is worthless if you don't follow up!

My husband deals with this issue a lot at his company regarding the sales team. He says as long as you offer the unsubscribe option than it is ok to send. I've been meaning to do this....one of many things on my list!

1. What is considered spamming?

Spamming is the act of sending unsolicited and unwanted messages or advertisements to a large number of people, typically through email or social media.

2. Can sending promotional emails be considered spamming?

Yes, if the recipients did not give consent or opt-in to receive these emails, it can be considered spamming.

3. Is it considered spamming to post the same content multiple times on social media?

Yes, repeatedly posting the same content on social media without variation or originality can be considered spamming.

4. Can adding people to a mailing list without their permission be considered spamming?

Yes, adding people to a mailing list without their consent is a form of spamming known as "list bombing."

5. Are there any other types of spamming besides email and social media?

Yes, spamming can also occur through text messages, instant messaging, and online forums.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • laurieandjaffy
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Jess_K
  • babywings76