1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: How I reached Disney???

1. janezapchef

janezapchef Veteran Member Gold Member

So, I've been asked to do a little training on how I achieved level 2 when we have our "Back to Business" meeting. It's so crazy because I KNOW I busted my butt, but now that I have to talk about WHAT I did it doesn't seem like it was anything special. Anyone have any suggestions of what I should say?

So far, I know I'll be talking about focusing and believing, because that was key. And to become a team leader or above b/c the leads to my website accounted for $2500 last year! I have a headache, and my brain isn't working. Any wording gurus out there feel like helping??

TIA, Jane :)

Jan 3, 2010
  2. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

Talk about consistancy. How many shows you averaged a month and that you did it consistantly all year.

Talk about recruiting. How many people did you recruit and did they all qualify?

You promoted too. Talk about how the promotion points help you.

3. janezapchef

I WISH the promotion points helped me! It would have made it slightly easier. However, I promoted on 12/31, too late for those points. Good suggestions though! Thanks!

Jan 3, 2010
  4. chef131doreen

chef131doreen Veteran Member Gold Member

Talk about recruiting, How many people did you recruit ?

And to get them qualifyed early the 1st 6 month try to have 4 new people join before July . That is what I did that way the more that join the more points and at least that part is done

5. janezapchef

That's a good one, Doreen! I think that will be my goal this year, should I want to earn the trip!

Jan 3, 2010
  6. chef131doreen

chef131doreen Veteran Member Gold Member

Don't forget you can take the Gift Cert $$$ if you don't want to travel , so you still can earn it

7. Becca_in_MD

Becca_in_MD Veteran Member Gold Member

What we'll probably all be doing tomorrow night is break it down into smaller #s - what you need to do monthly and quarterly. Did you keep track of your points on the incentive trackers, online and on paper? Did you post your goal somewhere? Did you verbalize your goal to others? I know my kids kept the pressure on me! I talked with a Director at the end of Nov. who had no idea how close she was to achieving Disney. I just couldn't understand how someone who works her biz fairly regularly didn't pay attention to herself never mind her team. Then I saw tons of posts from her on FB in Dec. b/c she was close and was offering a 40% off sale so she could get it.

Even if you have a bad month (or two or three) you can still achieve, esp. by recruiting and taking advantage of double points months and double point recruiting months. And you're right about those HO leads. They definitely helped me, both with recruits and online sales.

Jan 3, 2010
  8. pamperedalf

pamperedalf Senior Member Silver Member

I would love to hear what you present to your team tomorrow.

Jan 3, 2010
  9. jwpamp

jwpamp Veteran Member

I remember when I earned Level 3 in my first year -- we broke it down and it was 2 shows a week and recruiting 1 a month. Genius, huh? Just share that if you do what they tell you to, anyone can earn it!

Congrats, too!! It's a great accomplishment to reach Level 2! You are obviously a consistant business woman!

Jan 3, 2010
  10. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I wish I could hear your speech, because those trips all seem so un-attainable for me! And all the people in our clusters who are over-achievers and have $1,000 shows regularly don't seem to help!

How long have you been in business? How many shows do you have a month? How many recruits?

Also talk about the benefits your consistent business has had throughout the year! For instance, how much did you make on your best month?

11. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I think it would be great if you talked up how you're going to tell them the secret to earning. Really talk it up, like it's the one super-secret thing that no one else knows, and you're going to let them in on it. And then tell them it's all about consistency, planning and setting goals.

Jan 3, 2010
  12. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

Be honest and combine the practical (just how did you bust your butt) and the motivational (focusing and believing). Making things practical and human (including hard work) makes the trip seem attainable for regular folks like me.

There are a couple superstars in my cluster and while I applaud their successes, I have no desire to hear from them. I'd much rather hear from someone who just promoted, who just earned his/her first incentive trip, etc. They are much closer to me.

Jan 3, 2010
  13. janezapchef

Thanks everyone! All were great suggestions that I actually integrated. Susan, you pretty much hit it directly! I am by no means a super star! December was my highest month EVER (in 10 years) at $6100. But, your suggestions are what I went with. I'll post the nutshell version when I get to typing it up. Thanks again!

Jan 4, 2010
  14. heather223

heather223 Veteran Member Gold Member

Your presentation was great! I am so excited that you earned Disney and promoted! :)

Jan 4, 2010
Have something to add?