• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Far Would You Travel for Shows

In summary, this woman does not feel comfortable driving farther than an hour for a show. She has done shows up to 2 hours away, but has never traveled more than that. She recommends doing a booth, and seeing if you can get a couple bookings.
teresah551393
I am thinking about doing a booth that is quite a distance from my home. My director discouraged it but I really don't have anything on my calendar. It is only $15 dollars for a 4foot table which would be sufficient. The event is promising but it would be about 2 hrs. from here and if I get parties I would have to only book them on Saturdays. Just wondering how far some of you go. I am usually comfortable with up to one hr. away, but without guarantees, I don't know....

I usually only travel about an hour. The one and only time I did more than that, I lost money since they had two orders that I ended up sending in as individual orders and ate the direct shipping charges.But since you have nothing, it would be worth a shot, you never know who you'll met.

I personally can't drive that far for a show. But you never know, you could get a recruit from the booth!

I have no problem driving 2 hours for shows. I go where the business is but as I work full time, it has to be on the weekend but then again if a potential host insists, I book vacation from work and take that day to do the show. I am also single and have to one to care for at home so it makes it easier but I would travel or at least do the booth...

Two hours is my number and mostly because of the recruiting options....

My farthest show was just over 2 hours away (2 1/2 if I hit traffic or construction). I regularly do shows 1 1/2 hours away. The great thing is that you can do whatever you're comfortable with.

I flew 3000 miles for a show last month. Ok, fine, I was actually on vacation, and a friend agreed to host a show (but, hey, I get to write off my ticket!).

I agree, though. Go ahead and do the booth, and try to get at least a couple of bookings, with the idea to find a potential recruit to take over for you.

I've driven 2 hours for 2 shows but they both had 10+ guests. The drive depends on the number of confirmed guests for me.

depends on how far away the person I want to visit lives ;)

My limit is 1 hour, after that the babysitter gets more money that I do. LOL

I don't have a specific limit, but I also don't mind driving farther. I would say that if you do go, push recruiting. Make it known that you drove far, and if anyone wants to sign, you'll give them all the bookings.

I know one of the Execs got her start that way, the consultant said she'd driven an hour to the show, and would give away any of the bookings from the show.

Do the booth, I will go anywhere my business takes me. It might help get you a recruit!

Do it you never know what will come of it..... It just might be what you need to kick start this business....

I only travel within a 20 minute range for my shows.

BadGirl said:
I only travel within a 20 minute range for my shows.

That made me giggle. The nearest grocery store used to be 20 minutes away from me. Things are a little more spread out around here.

I agree with doing the show -- people from all over usually attend events so you never know where your next show or next recruit lead will be!

I often tell people that one of the things I love about this business is that I get to make these kinds of choices for myself. It's funny to me that one of the first questions people seem to ask is some version of, "Where are you located?" Had an email like that today. I was following up with someone I met at Pizza Hut a few weeks ago. She hadn't contacted me, so I emailed her. She took me up on subscribing to my ENewsletter, then she asked where I was located. She's about 2 hours away from me. I answered her question, then added that I've consulted for several parties in her area.Living in the geographical center of nowhere as I do, I consider long-distance shows a chance to make a tax-deductible trip to the big city. ;)

BlessedWifeMommy said:
That made me giggle. The nearest grocery store used to be 20 minutes away from me. Things are a little more spread out around here.

Made me giggle too. Most of my shows are at least 30 minutes away. With all of the road construction going on around here, sometimes it takes me 20 minutes just to get to the highway!:eek:

Drive time is a funny thing. My brother swears he would never live out here where I do in the middle of nowhere. The Furry Guy says he would never live in the congested city where my brother lives. The thing is, it takes us both about 20 minutes to get to the nearest Walmart. It's all relative.

When I first started, I would take shows wherever. I work 40 minutes from home, so if I had a host from work, she might live 30 min in the other direction - and then her guests might live further out from there.

At first, I didn't mind driving an hour or more, but then I noticed that I really started dreading those shows that were so far away. I hated adding on 2-3hrs to my show just for drive time. And then, if the show wasn't that good, it got to be discouraging.

Now, I have several repeating hosts in this one area that is over an hour away - and I find myself not really pushing for bookings at these shows - which is really not a good thing.

So, I have lately really tried to focus myself in the area closer to home.

But, yes, do what you are comfortable with. If you really don't mind adding 4 hrs (2 hrs each way) to the show, then great - but that makes for a really long day. JMO

BlessedWifeMommy said:

I'm with you, I use to live in one town and drove 45 mins to another town to drop off my child at day care, then drove 30 min to get to work in yet, another town. Then had to do the same thing on the way home, in rush hour (i.e. add 10-15 mins to each leg.) It sucked!!

Oopps - sorry for the high-jack!

Hey, a booth or a fair is an opportunity to meet several different people from several different areas. Just think, if you go you could meet someone who lives much closer to you but decided to make a trip out just for fun. They could be your next consultant who is just itching to get out of the house or they could be someone who's just been waiting to find Pampered Chef.

As I drove down the road today I looked at all the people; all the potential customers, the potential recruits, the potential kitchen gadget buying fruit (like myself) and realized these are people I haven't touched with my business and who might just want it.

Go, have fun, sell and meet people, book shows (even catty shows) and try to introduce the opportunity to everyone you meet! Good luck!

PS: Oddly enough there are a handfull of consultants in my area, including my director, and not once did I see a flyer, a catalog, a business card or a booth anywhere. I had to go looking for someone so I could buy a pizza stone and then just decided to sign up. Be the one who has their name out there!

TiffanyBarton said:
PS: Oddly enough there are a handfull of consultants in my area, including my director, and not once did I see a flyer, a catalog, a business card or a booth anywhere. I had to go looking for someone so I could buy a pizza stone and then just decided to sign up. Be the one who has their name out there!

Same with me, I looked on and off for a couple of years and never came across the name of a local consultant.

I worked a booth 75 miles from home last fall...only to meet a woman who I recognized from MY bank in MY town and she hosted a 1k plus party...not to mention the susequent bridal shower and 2 other parties booked from hers. I'd do it....but like others here, I'm in the middle of nowhere so it's kinda taken for granted that I will travel to do shows, booths etc. It just goes with the territory.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Same with me, I looked on and off for a couple of years and never came across the name of a local consultant.

I kind of amazes me how hard it can be to find someone. So, in light of my discovery I have decided to be the consultant who is seen. Just today I left a catalog at a popular supermarket eating area. I left a little incentive note that I have been giving to my other booking maybe's and so... we shall see how it works.

*Crosses fingers* I am determined to get free product from the Sell-a-thon!
Going for $6,000 in sales baby!!

Ive got booking that are 1 1/2 hours away. But it's gonna be a lot of family there and hopefully I can do some business opportunity sharing. But I feel that it is my business and I will go where I am needed. You make it your own and what you are comfortable with. I may take a potential recruit with me just to have someone to chat with in the car and let her see it all in action.

TiffanyBarton said:
I kind of amazes me how hard it can be to find someone. So, in light of my discovery I have decided to be the consultant who is seen. Just today I left a catalog at a popular supermarket eating area. I left a little incentive note that I have been giving to my other booking maybe's and so... we shall see how it works.

*Crosses fingers* I am determined to get free product from the Sell-a-thon!
Going for $6,000 in sales baby!!

Me too, on both accounts! I'm trying my best to be noticed and I'm shooting high for $6K in SAT sales!

1. How far in advance do I need to book a show?

It is recommended to book a show at least 2-3 weeks in advance to allow enough time for planning and preparation.

2. Do I need to pay for travel expenses?

As a consultant, you are responsible for covering your own travel expenses. However, you can discuss potential reimbursement with the host or offer to split the costs.

3. How far do most consultants travel for shows?

The distance traveled for shows can vary depending on the consultant, but on average, most consultants travel within a 50-mile radius from their home base.

4. Can I request a specific location for a show?

Yes, you can discuss potential locations with the host and see if they are open to hosting a show at a specific location. Keep in mind that the host may have limitations or preferences for the show location.

5. Are there any additional fees for long-distance travel?

There are no additional fees for long-distance travel, but you may need to factor in additional expenses such as gas, tolls, and accommodations if necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Get_Pampered
  • Kathytnt