• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Far Do You Travel to Close Out a Show?

It's YOUR business. In summary, the conversation is about a show that the speaker did on 11/30, which was about 40-45 minutes away from their house. The show had around $550 in sales, but the speaker will be out about $20 for gifts. The host is not interested in the opportunity and wants the speaker to come in person to close the show. The speaker usually closes shows over the phone or through email, and suggests the host provide payment by credit card or mail a check. They also mention that the host can come to the speaker's house to close the show if necessary. The speaker advises taking control and closing the show over the phone or email.
Bren706
Gold Member
I did a show on 11/30 that was about 40-45 minutes away from my house (but only about 10-15 minutes away from the store where I work part time, and I do travel to that town every other week to go to Walmart, and other errands).

Her show will close with around $550 in sales, but I will be out about $20 for Season's Bests that I am giving as gifts to the guests (I totally messed up on the show date on the invites....TWICE :/). The host is not interested in the opportunity, so to drive that far to close her show is in my eyes not worth it when she only has 2 outside orders (included in the $550 total) plus her order. I told her that we could close her show out over the phone and she could mail the checks to me. She said, no you are going to come here and get the checks. I think she is also having a hard time figuring out what she wants for her host rewards and wants me there to help her. I told her if I came this afternoon I would have to bring my children as my husband gets out of work an hour later than the kids get out of school. (Home is 15 minutes south, and then I would have to travel the 45 minutes north after he gets home, which means a lot of gas). It would also cut into me making dinner and then making my calls tonight.

So, I am curious, how far do you travel on a regular basis to close out your shows? If I was going to work tonight, I wouldn't mind leaving 30 minutes or so early to meet up with her to close the show, but doing it today would be a long drive (and gas money) for not a huge return. (There were no bookings from this show neither). (and she is not available tomorrow or Wednesday).

I never close shows in person, I always do it over the phone and that's what I would tell her. You don't have the time and you can't bring your children. It's time to be firm but kind.Explain that you'll take as much time as she needs on the phone (there are some closings that take awhile because the host isn't prepared or just doesn't get it) and she can put the checks in the mail. I don't know if this helps at all. . . . You have to take control. It's YOUR business.

The only time I close a show in person is if I work with the person (then I see them every day anyway). I have closed a show in person when a host has lived directly on my way home (1 block out of the way).

Other than that, I close out the shows on the phone. The host can provide payment by credit card, or I would be happy to wait for a check they can mail to me.

Perhaps if you give her a call and start asking her what kinds of things she wants, does she have her list together, etc, she may end up going through everything with you on the phone. And by the time you are done perhaps you would have closed out the show.?

Good luck!

I would just tell her that you are 45 min away and it's just not feasable as far as time and gas is concerned to close it out in person and you will take checks in the mail and she can give you her list on the phone. Or else maybe she can come to YOUR house if she HAS to close it out in person. That seems a bit ridiculous to expect someone to drive all that way for 2 checks.

I typically close all my shows out over the phone or through e-mail and then call for credit card #'s. When I leave a show, I tell the hosts if she gets any outside orders, have them make the check out to her or give her cash if they don't want to provide a credit card#. Then the hosts can just put those remaining orders on her credit card. If she chooses to write a check, I will meet her if I'm going to be near her place, but if I'm not, I ask her to mail it to me. I've never had a problem doing it this way and most all of them always put the balance on a card.

chefjeanine said:
I never close shows in person, I always do it over the phone and that's what I would tell her. You don't have the time and you can't bring your children. It's time to be firm but kind.

Explain that you'll take as much time as she needs on the phone (there are some closings that take awhile because the host isn't prepared or just doesn't get it) and she can put the checks in the mail.

I don't know if this helps at all. . . . You have to take control. It's YOUR business.

Well said. Exactly what I do.

The only time I have closed in person is when it's a co-host situation and that was only twice (because both times they were a little confused how it worked to split the orders up). The one show was in the same town I grew up in and the other show I worked close to at that time.99.9% of my shows are closed over the phone. I host coach this way and make sure to go over all details before I leave the host's house. This includes having all checks after the party wrote out to the host so I can get one big payment from them.Some shows lately I have been closing over email by having the host email all outside orders to me plus their order. After I get all of the orders entered I call the host to get payment.

I also close the majority of shows over the phone, unless I plan on being in the vicinity, or if the host will be signing. I did get the host to close out the orders (and her order) over the phone. I will be picking the checks up from her house tomorrow. I do have an errand (drop off some things at Goodwill on the other side of town) to do in that town this week. I will be glad to have it done and over with.

You should do whatever makes you comfortable. Others have shared some good ideas.To answer your original question, I figure anyone within 2 hours of my home is a potential host/customer and I close nearly all of my shows in person. But, I roll errands into those trips and consider it a chance to make a tax-deductible (as far as mileage from my house to the host's) trip to shop or visit friends/family. Pampered Chef is my main employment, and I have no children at home. So, my situation is different from yours. Make a decision and feel confident sticking to it. This is YOUR business to run as you deem appropriate.

1. How far do you typically travel to close out a show?

At Pampered Chef, we are committed to serving our customers no matter where they are located. Our consultants are willing to travel anywhere within a 50-mile radius of their home base to close out a show.

2. Is there an additional fee for traveling a certain distance?

No, there is no additional fee for traveling within a 50-mile radius. However, if the show is located beyond 50 miles, there may be a small travel fee to cover gas and other expenses.

3. Do you have a limit on how far you will travel?

While our consultants are happy to travel up to a 50-mile radius, we also understand that some shows may be located further away. In these cases, we recommend reaching out to our customer service team to discuss options for accommodating longer distances.

4. Can I request a specific consultant for my show?

Yes, you can request a specific consultant for your show. However, please keep in mind that their availability may be limited based on their location and schedule. We recommend booking your show in advance to ensure your preferred consultant is available.

5. How do I know if a consultant is willing to travel to my location?

During the booking process, you can specify your location and see which consultants are available to travel to your area. You can also contact our customer service team for assistance in finding a consultant who is able to travel to your location.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kasper2010
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • TheNewMrsRue