• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Does One Calculate Host Benefits for Catalog Shows Under $500?

In summary, the conversation was about the benefits and rewards for hosting a cooking or catalog show and how they differ. The hosts were trying to understand the breakdown of benefits for a $250-$300 show, as well as how their own purchases factor into their total sales. It was also mentioned that adding additional orders or items to a show can sometimes result in higher benefits for the host.
Laura4
I have one that will probably only net $250-$300 in sales and was wondering how it worked.

Thanks!:blushing:

Laura4 said:
I have one that will probably only net $250-$300 in sales and was wondering how it worked.

Thanks!:blushing:

I just look on the show info on P3 - it will tell you all of the benefits.

I'm not sure if I understand the question. The chart for host benefits is at the back of the catalog, and shows both cooking and catalog shows. P3 will automatically calculate the benefits as you enter the orders.

Is that total the guest sales? I usually give my catalog hosts the same benefits as the cooking show hosts ... I don't see why not. :) I personally don't see the difference and catalog shows end up being less work for me. So, going by the cooking show numbers, $300 would be $40 in free & one 1/2 priced item & 20% off. Going by the catalog show numbers, a $300 show would be $25 in free, one 1/2 priced item & 20% off. I just realized you are probably referring to the monthly host rewards? Depends on the month, but there is a $150 - $549 category & a over $550 category. Does that help?

cookingwithdot said:
Is that total the guest sales? I usually give my catalog hosts the same benefits as the cooking show hosts ... I don't see why not. :) I personally don't see the difference and catalog shows end up being less work for me.

The $15 hospitality bonus is meant to compensate the cooking show host for purchasing the groceries. It's an extra PC offers to thank them for the cooking show and encourage them to have a cooking show (since we all know they're often higher in sales). I personally believe it's unfair to those who do decide to host a cooking show to give the same bonus to those who don't.

Ok, I guess what my question was was for this month's promotion, what is the breakdown. Is it just $500 and up, or is there a breakdown for less than that.

The extra value is just for a show over $500.

The only Monthly Host Special bonus she'll be able to get is either the Bamboo Grinder Set or the Bamboo Med. Bowl and Lg Platter - at 60%. She can get those just for a $150+ show regardless of hitting the $500 status or not.

Ok!

And second question --

Do her purchases count towards the tallies? I thought that I read that they don't.

I'm glad that I have you guys. OMG....:yuck:;)

No, host purchases do not count toward guest sales (which is what her benefits are based on). However, whatever she buys with her discount (beyond free and half-priced) is commissionable sales at the discounted amount.

Ok! Great!! Thank you!

Laura4 said:
Ok!

And second question --

Do her purchases count towards the tallies? I thought that I read that they don't.

I'm glad that I have you guys. OMG....:yuck:;)

Has your director/recruiter done any training with you? This is part of their job, I would make sure to let them know that you have more questions about shows.

If the host is purchasing a LOT of stuff, you can put some it on a guest order (using "ship to host" to save on shipping of course) and bump her into a new level. I had a customer buying over $400 in stuff by herself a couple of months ago. I put her in as a catalog show, playing to see which way was the cheapest, an $150 outside order, a $200 outside order, a $300 outside order & a $400 outside order. She got out paying less with the $400 outside order and having more 1/2 priced items. ;) So if your host has a big wish list, you can play to see if you add some as a guest order (which increases her sales) if you can get her into a new bracket which will really help her save the most. ;)

You can put the host in as a guest, and then she can get whatever items she wants. It will count towards her show total. The down side is she has to pay the $4.25 shipping. I usually play around w/ the math (thank goodness P3 is so good at calculating things so quick and easily). If it's on her host order, then she at least gets things at her host discount. But if she has a lot and it will boost her to another level, then it might be worth it to pay the $4.25 and put it in as a guest order. If she has a close friend or family member who placed an order, you could add her stuff to that order. But it is okay for a host to also be entered in as a guest. Then if there's a problem with her items or she has some guarantee issue, it'll be less confusing for her to track the purchase since it'll be in her own name.You should call your recruiter or director though and ask for some help. A couple things I did when I first started was to go to CC and read through the consultant handbook/Policies & procedures. Also, each month there is an issue of Consultant News. You can read it online and learn all about the latest news. It really helps to read all the fine print of each month's host/guest special and any recruiting or sales promotions that are going on. Welcome to PC and Chef Success! It's a lot of fun. This site is such a great resource. :)Hope that helps! :)

Yes, definitely read the fine print on the host specials - they all seem to be this nowadays, but the orders have to be turned in by the 15th (I think if I remember correctly?) of the next month to get the special - for instance, if you have a January show, you have to turn it in by Feb 15th for the host to get her Jan special.Consultant sales promos are a little different - most of them have to be held and submitted by the end of the month to qualify...so it definitely helps to read that fine print.

1. How does the host benefit calculation differ for catalog shows under $500?

The host benefit calculation for catalog shows under $500 is slightly different compared to traditional in-person shows. Hosts will earn 10% of the total sales in free products for shows under $500, whereas they can earn up to 15% for shows over $500.

2. Can the host combine orders from multiple catalog shows to reach $500 and earn higher host benefits?

Yes, hosts can combine orders from multiple catalog shows to reach $500 and earn higher host benefits. As long as the orders are submitted within the same month, they will be counted together towards the $500 threshold.

3. Are there any other ways for hosts to earn additional benefits for catalog shows under $500?

Yes, hosts can also earn additional benefits by booking future shows from their catalog show, referred to as "booking benefits." They can earn 10% of the total sales from booked shows in free products, up to $250.

4. Is there a minimum number of orders or sales required for a catalog show to be eligible for host benefits?

No, there is no minimum number of orders or sales required for a catalog show to be eligible for host benefits. As long as the total sales from the show reach $200, the host will earn 10% of the total sales in free products.

5. Can the host use their free product credit towards discounted items?

Yes, hosts can use their free product credit towards discounted items. They can also use their credit towards full-priced items, but any amount over the credit will need to be paid out of pocket.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krahema
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Brenchryst
Replies
Views
wadesgirl