• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding Avon: How it Works, Pay Structure, and Start-Up Costs

In summary, Avon is a company that sells products door-to-door. Some people make a lot of money from it, while others do not. There is no startup cost, but you do have to sell a certain amount of products. There is no commission check, but you are rewarded with discounts on future orders. It can be difficult to make sales, as you have to go out and sell products to people. It can also be time consuming and frustrating to make deliveries.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I know how PC and Mary Kay works, but what about AVON? How do they get paid, place orders, etc? Also, are there any start up costs? I'm not thinking of selling it. I'm talking to someone who may be interested in joining PC and currently sells AVON and I'd just like to be familiar with the process.

Avon: Depending on how much you sell you can make 10%-50% Some things you make a 20% profit up front. There is not a quota you need to meet, so there is really no going inactive. They are not pushy about how much you should be selling or to get anybody to join. They do reward you for signing people up. You are given chances to buy demo products real cheap to make bigger profits. Sometimes it costs nothing to join if there having a promo. I think there might be a $20.00 fee other times. I know people who make a living selling Avon, some people "sell" for the personal discount. Products are wide ranges in prices. Hope this helps.

I've sold Avon twice before, but the last time was a year or so ago. The startup cost is very minimal, but you don't get any products. The biggest problem I had was that people would place orders and never pick them up and pay for them. They don't have to pay up front. Then you get stuck with products you have to sell to somebody else or pay to ship back. Also, the average order is so much less than TPC. Of course, you could require payment up front and that would eliminate that problem. But you just don't sell as much and there is the problem of the wrong color. $100+ orders of Avon are almost non-existent. You also have to constantly buy new catalogs because they change every few weeks. Yes, I've done so much better with TPC and the compensation has been much more. I'm in SS3 and looking forward to earning my monthly SS bonus and plus bonus this month. I will have to say I do like Avon products, but just not selling them.

Jeanie Gay

I have a friend that sells it and has tried to recruit me for years. they have a new "campaign" every 2 weeks (which means buying and giving out new books). you can use the internet to place your orders or mail, my friend uses the net. almost positive they get paid every 2 weeks. the start up fee is very low...around 10 bucks for most campaigns. when you join you get 50% commission on your first so many campaigns if you do it by internet cant remember all the details about that. i think thats about all i can remember. the last time she tried to recruit me was nov. of last year so it has probably changed alittle but not much. HTH

I used to sell Avon tooIt cost $5.80 for 10 books! But there was a discount on quantity. Buying 20 was a little cheaper than 10 and buying 30 was slightly cheaper than 20..
They also don't send commission checks. Basically after you order the products, Avon charges you the reduced amount and you keep the difference (your commission). So unless you keep records of your commission, it's easy to lose track. (Well, for me anyway). I made more selling PC in one month than I did selling Avon in 6 months!

AND I HATED making deliveries! Took up a lot of time and gas money!

cat said:
It cost $5.80 for 10 books! But there was a discount on quantity. Buying 20 was a little cheaper than 10 and buying 30 was slightly cheaper than 20..
They also don't send commission checks. Basically after you order the products, Avon charges you the reduced amount and you keep the difference (your commission). So unless you keep records of your commission, it's easy to lose track. (Well, for me anyway). I made more selling PC in one month than I did selling Avon in 6 months!

AND I HATED making deliveries! Took up a lot of time and gas money!

Me too! I hated Canvassing (throwing 100-200 books) every 2 weeks to try and build my client base then having to sort and deliver the orders was time consuming as well! I made 0 from selling Avon for 60 months. As compared to TPC I have made $2000 at least. And Avon did not have any incentive programs or free trips or free products to give away ever!

Sounds like TPC is much better!

I love PC and have made more money doing it............but Avon was easier (for me). But I feel it's like comparing Apples to Oranges. I sill have Avon on the go, I have a customer base still. It costs me $16.00 a month for books, I like to spend $4.00 on samples that's my only costs. But I don't really sell for the money but for my own discount. It works out that I get everything free and end up with a about 250.00 in the bank so no big deal!!!

Ps. If I were to do it again, it would only be for my own discounts and maybe some family who liked avon stuff. I bought $200 of Mary K stuff and have never used it because I found I liked Avon products much better!

I met this lady at the 4-H event and she told me she just started to sell Avon. I was thinking about asking her about PC.

I would totally try to convert her if she hasn't had any success after 6 months! Or ASAP !

rennea said:
I love PC and have made more money doing it............but Avon was easier (for me). But I feel it's like comparing Apples to Oranges. I sill have Avon on the go, I have a customer base still. It costs me $16.00 a month for books, I like to spend $4.00 on samples that's my only costs. But I don't really sell for the money but for my own discount. It works out that I get everything free and end up with a about 250.00 in the bank so no big deal!!!

Well, I guess it all depends WHY the person is selling Avon. If she is trying to make money, I think PC provides a better opportunity. But if she is just looking for a discount because she loves the products, that is a different story.

I love PC because of the PRODUCTS, extra money and the incentives to earn prodcts for FREE!

I liked Avon for their products, but did not earn much in commission!

Cat: I feel the same way about PC. When I call the Avon rep I'll ask her about PC. She circled an 8 on my survey slip.

Hey,where in Central Jersey are you? I'm about 30 minutes from Atlantic City

Hi Anne,

I'm in Somerset, New Jersey. I think it's about 2 hours from Atlantic City!

Let us know how it goes with this potential recruit!

Cool! My brother-in-law lived in Somerset. He just moved to... gosh... I'm not sure.

I am excited about the recruit! I have my director coming with me, so I can't screw this up! I have one recruit who went inactive :( otherwise, I would be a Future! BUT its ok, I am excited about her because I am taking her to the BRU event in June, and she said she has a booking coming up, so it just may happen!! Thank you so much for your kind words!

1. What is Avon and how does it work?

Avon is a direct-selling company that offers a wide range of beauty and personal care products. As an Avon representative, you will sell these products directly to customers through in-person or online sales. You will earn a commission on every sale you make.

2. How do I get paid as an Avon representative?

As an Avon representative, you will earn a commission on every sale you make. The commission rate varies depending on your sales volume, but it typically ranges from 20-30%. You will also have the opportunity to earn bonuses and incentives based on your sales performance.

3. What are the start-up costs for becoming an Avon representative?

The start-up costs for becoming an Avon representative are minimal. There is a one-time registration fee of $25, which covers the cost of your starter kit. This kit includes everything you need to start your business, including product samples, brochures, and training materials.

4. Do I have to meet a certain sales quota as an Avon representative?

There is no mandatory sales quota for Avon representatives. However, in order to receive the highest commission rate and qualify for bonuses and incentives, it is recommended to have a consistent level of sales each campaign (usually every 2 weeks).

5. Can I sell Avon products online?

Yes, you can sell Avon products online through your personal Avon website or through social media platforms. Avon provides training and resources to help you effectively market your products online and reach a wider customer base.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrslulu2012
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • MaggieChef13