• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble with Cookie Press? How to Make it Work!

In summary, the conversation discusses difficulties with using a cookie press to make cookies. The speaker is having trouble getting the cookie dough to stick to the stone, despite following the directions. Another person suggests holding down the trigger for a few seconds and keeping the dough at body temperature. The final tip is to weigh the flour to ensure the correct amount is used. The main trick is to wait a few seconds after pressing the dough before lifting it off the stone.
KHocutt
I have tried to practice with the cookie press. Maybe it's just me, but I could not get the cookie dough to come off of the press and stick onto the stone. I think I did it just as the directions said. I made a cookie spritz recipe, so the dough was soft. It was coming out of the press, just not sticking to the stone, so it fell all apart when I tried to peel it off. Is there a trick to this? :confused:

Did you click the little trigger all the way and hold it there on the stone for about 2-3 seconds? That's the trick that worked for me. If you bring it off of the stone too quickly, it doesn't stick. Hope that helps!

Your dough could be too cold. Try kneading it in your hands until it becomes your body temp.

Weigh it!The latest on the cookie dough press is that you need to weigh your flour to get the correct amount! Heard this from the top!! They said that even presifted flour gets compacted via shipping, sitting on the store shelf, and then by you when you bring it home. The best way is to weigh the flour!

KHocutt said:
I have tried to practice with the cookie press. Maybe it's just me, but I could not get the cookie dough to come off of the press and stick onto the stone. I think I did it just as the directions said. I made a cookie spritz recipe, so the dough was soft. It was coming out of the press, just not sticking to the stone, so it fell all apart when I tried to peel it off. Is there a trick to this? :confused:

Here is the secret..... just wait a few seconds (to give the dough a chance to adhere to the stone) before lifting the press. I was always in such a rush and it always stuck. My director shared the secret...

Good luck! Let me know.

1. How do I use the manual food processor?

To use the manual food processor, start by assembling the parts according to the instructions. Place the ingredients you want to chop, mix, or blend into the bowl and use the handle to turn the blades. Make sure to use consistent pressure and motions to get the desired results.

2. How do I clean the non-stick baking sheet?

Cleaning the non-stick baking sheet is easy! Simply wipe it down with a damp cloth or sponge after each use. For tougher stains, you can use a mild dish soap and warm water. Make sure to avoid using any abrasive materials or harsh chemicals that could damage the non-stick coating.

3. How do I adjust the blade on the mandoline slicer?

To adjust the blade on the mandoline slicer, first make sure the slicer is securely locked in place on a flat surface. Then, use the knob or lever to move the blade up or down, depending on the desired thickness. Always use caution when handling the blades and make sure to use the included hand guard for safety.

4. How do I use the microwave rice cooker?

To use the microwave rice cooker, first measure the desired amount of rice and water according to the instructions. Then, place the lid on the cooker and microwave for the recommended time. Once done, let it sit for a few minutes before fluffing the rice with a fork. Then, enjoy perfectly cooked rice in minutes!

5. How do I clean the silicone baking mat?

Cleaning the silicone baking mat is a breeze! Simply rinse it off with warm water and mild dish soap after each use. For tougher stains, you can also place it in the dishwasher. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing to prevent any mold or mildew growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DMB75
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
missyciccolella
Replies
Views
Staci
  • AmaraJ
  • Products and Tips
Replies