• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do you work this thing?

KHocutt

Aug 20, 2005
I have tried to practice with the cookie press. Maybe it's just me, but I could not get the cookie dough to come off of the press and stick onto the stone. I think I did it just as the directions said. I made a cookie spritz recipe, so the dough was soft. It was coming out of the press, just not sticking to the stone, so it fell all apart when I tried to peel it off. Is there a trick to this? :confused:

pamperedbecky

Legacy Member
May 6, 2005
Did you click the little trigger all the way and hold it there on the stone for about 2-3 seconds? That's the trick that worked for me. If you bring it off of the stone too quickly, it doesn't stick. Hope that helps!

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
Your dough could be too cold. Try kneading it in your hands until it becomes your body temp.

fruit76loop

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2005
Weigh it!

The latest on the cookie dough press is that you need to weigh your flour to get the correct amount! Heard this from the top!! They said that even presifted flour gets compacted via shipping, sitting on the store shelf, and then by you when you bring it home. The best way is to weigh the flour!

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
KHocutt said:
I have tried to practice with the cookie press. Maybe it's just me, but I could not get the cookie dough to come off of the press and stick onto the stone. I think I did it just as the directions said. I made a cookie spritz recipe, so the dough was soft. It was coming out of the press, just not sticking to the stone, so it fell all apart when I tried to peel it off. Is there a trick to this? :confused:

Here is the secret..... just wait a few seconds (to give the dough a chance to adhere to the stone) before lifting the press. I was always in such a rush and it always stuck. My director shared the secret...

Good luck! Let me know.