• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating the Perfect Show Setup: Tips & Tricks

In summary, when setting up for a show, it is important to have a clear plan for displaying items. It is recommended to use a crate or table to display products, but it is also acceptable to set items to the side out of the way. It is important to not overwhelm guests with too many items to look at, and to involve them in the demonstration by passing items around and allowing them to touch and use certain tools. It is also helpful to have seasonal decorations and to bring cookbooks and other materials to show. It is important to communicate with the host about needing a table for the demo and to make sure it is a suitable size for the demonstration. Bringing a card table is a good idea in case the host is not able
TinasKitchen
Do you place everything out in the open for everyone to see? do you use your crate to display things? do you bring one of each item for people to see? do you pass things around for them to touch? demo? Do you keep the items near you or do you put some that you wont be using near the guests? such as cookbooks? (which I will be doing).

Just figured I'd ask. I felt for my first show it took me awhile to say Ok i'll put this here and that there, etc. I want to be in, set up and ready to go .. as it is I'm giving myself 1 hour ahead of time to get the ball rolling. I have the prep cups so that should be easier for me.

i always pass things around that i talk about and not using. also i always try to get the guests involved by demoing some of the tools. i also leave out the cookbooks i have and maybe the booking binder if i have one made up at that time. you dont want to overwhelm them with to much to look at because then they will lose focus on what you are talking about. HTH

My cookbooks come with me to EVERY show... I love them, that's mostly what I cook from is our PC cookbooks! Plus once people SEE them they are more likely to want it...sorta hard for me to buy a cookbook without seeing it first - does it look like something I'd want to cook? -
I pass things around that I talk about and don't use... Egg Separator if I'm just using the whole egg...etc...
If I use the small scoop, I pass the large.etc...

I sometimes don't use my crate to display, I'll just set several things over to the side out of my way. But when I first started I always used my crate and set up a nice display, and one lady told me that she booked the party because she liked the way I set up the pretty display...that motivated me to go out and buy one yard of seasonal fabric and three cheap fake flower bundles, and decorate with each season. In November/Dec, I have fabric with holly leaves, and fake poinsetta plants that I tuck under products... Then for spring I have light green/white checkered fabric with spring color pansies flowers... It always looked nice, but it started to get too time consuming.
I definitely don't and can't bring everything PC I have... but since you're just starting out, you probably can fit everything in your crate, and maybe one other bag, so in that case, sure! Bring it all. As you get more products, then don't, it gets too heavy, and unneccessary, plus you have to leave something for them to WANT to see at the show THEY BOOK! :))
Go get 'em!!

:)Thank you so much for your help.

One question I have is.. do you have to ask the hostess if they have a table you will use? I know this seems silly but I'm assuming they KNOW I have to use a table right? lmao.... you know they say never ASSume lol

Just let your host know when you're coaching him/her that you will need a surface (card table, kitchen table, etc) to do your demo on. And mention to them that you want to FACE the guests, so their countertop won't do if you're going to have your back to them. (I encountered that one on my first kitchen show!) If you wanted, you could always buy an inexpensive card table to bring to shows & fairs and the like. They work well for doing spring/summer shows outside as well. But I haven't had the need for one of my own.. I just make sure to let them know I'll need something, and they've come through with it.

Card table...Tina,

I recently picked up a card table at Office Max and bring it "just in case". I once had a show where the host said she had a card table. I got there, and it wasn't a card table at all. It was a TV tray:eek: ! The tray was wobbly and obviously too small, but I made it work:) .

For set up, I try to just put out the items I'm going to use and then some of the newer items. If I have too much out, I can't find what I'm looking for quickly and I think I look scattered (admittedly, it doesn't always work, as I always want to show everything!). I do keep some items in my Show-To-Go, which is usually under the table, and I can just pull out the items if people want to see them (I say something like, "let me just pull the oval baker out of my magic hat here" while I'm digging it out.)

I do put the cookbooks out, usually on a coffee table, next to the caddy and small squares filled with treats (wrapped candy).

Diane

Thanks Diane!Can I ask how much the table was? and was it a long table or square? I have a square card table but trust me.. its not food chopper worthy! lol

Tina~

I have a great table that I take to shows. It is VERY sturdy heavy duty plastic top, it is rectangle shaped, and the legs ADJUST up to "countertop" height!! I love it, because I don't have to be hunched over throughout my demo, and because I know that it is sturdy enough for me to use the food chopper on. I always ask the host, though, where they will be having me set up, because if it is in one of the open view homes where I can be at their counter, then I don't have to bring it along.

BTW, my Mom purchased it for me at Sam's Club, I believe...

HTH

?What is HTH please?

Thank you!

H -hope
T -that
H -helps

:) Lee Anne

Same one...Tina,

It sounds like I have the same table as Kelly. I think it was around $30???

Diane

Oh gosh, I would never guessed that, HTH.

Thank you, Lee Anne!

Thank you!! I think I'll have to go purchase this. So you think Costco would have it? I dont have a Sams club. I have a Staples.

K Mart also has them, in the outdoor, camping area. I bought 1 in Costco & 1 in K Mart & they are both great.:D

Gonna have to go get me one! lol

Do you all find you use it alot? I mean no matter what I need one but just curious.

I set up what I'm going to use on my table. I'll pass around a couple of things, too. I have a large basket that has all of the new products in it. It is one more thing to carry in, but it looks great and I don't have to worry about where to put everything. I set my cookbooks out on the coffe table.

TinasKitchen said:
Do you all find you use it alot? I mean no matter what I need one but just curious.

I use mine all the time. It's the only table I'll use, unless I'm actually working on a counter. The height thing makes all the difference to me. And, if it ends up that I am at an actual kitchen counter, I have used the table for "display" purposes...especially right now when I'm taking the new products with me to my shows!

I leave it up to the host (it's them I don't want to overwhelm), and do let them know that my $1000 shows are usually those that I bring the most items to. Sadly this is true ~ I find that people are more willing to part with $45+ if they can actually see/touch an item (I know I would be). So I bring almost my entire kitchen! Can't wait to buy doubles of everything I like to bring so I can just leave my crates. lol.

I group things together by purpose. I put the stones in the rack and bring a flat, a deep, and a fun, & my small bar pan ~ I am usually using one. I put the pie server and pie recipes cards near those.

I have a cookware area.... Again I group the executive together and the professional. I am going to cut down a bit - but I tend to bring the roaster, put the meat lifters and digital themometer in those. During the holiday season I put my kids's stuffed animal turkey in there. lol. The soups & stews recipes cards there.

I put the crate sideways, cover with pretty PC towell and stack that too. Stainless bowls get lids put on and are stacked biggest to smallest with whisks sticking in the holes. Batter bowl goes with other tools.

One thing I liked that I did was to fill my rectangular woven basket with new plaid towels and stuck all of the NEW items inside. Made the hot pad butterflies, stuck spetulas in the mug, etc. It was cute.

Cookbooks go in the Square SA bowl if I have it ~ SA pieces are so heavy. I don't always bring all of those. I have just started using the 3-rier stand to discuss the "3 tiers of service" I offer shpeal.

I may start to bring fewer... It's really so much easier now that I wrote out how I pack it all out (to repack).

1. How can I create an eye-catching display for my Pampered Chef show?

One way to create an eye-catching display for your Pampered Chef show is to use different levels and heights. You can do this by using tiered stands, cake stands, or even stacked books to display your products. This will add visual interest and make it easier for guests to see all of your products.

2. What are some tips for organizing my products on the display table?

To ensure your display is organized and easy for guests to navigate, group similar products together. For example, have all baking products in one area, all cookware in another, and so on. Also, use risers or dividers to keep products separated and neatly displayed.

3. How can I use color to make my display more visually appealing?

Color is a great way to make your display stand out. You can use a color theme that matches your brand or the season. For example, during the holidays, you can use red and green accents. Additionally, you can use colorful tablecloths, plates, or other decorations to add pops of color to your display.

4. What are some ways to make my display interactive for guests?

One way to make your display interactive is by setting up a demo station. This can be a small table where you can demonstrate how to use your products or let guests try them out. You can also set up a tasting station where guests can sample food made with Pampered Chef products.

5. How can I incorporate personal touches into my display?

Adding personal touches to your display can make it more inviting and unique. You can display photos of yourself using Pampered Chef products or include a sign with your name and contact information. You can also add small decorations, such as flowers or candles, to make the display feel more personalized.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• allergycooker
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
janice moore
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • heatherstobbs