• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Roasting Garlic in Stoneware: A Guide

In summary, guests at a show were discussing how to roast garlic using stoneware. Some suggested using a mini baker or a small round stone with foil, while others mentioned using a piece of cookware or the rectangle baker with a lid. However, some were unsure if foil should be used on the stoneware surface. The general consensus was that foil can be used to cover the top of foods, but should not have direct contact with the baking surface. Emeril's method for roasting garlic was also shared.
pamperedpamela
A guest at a show asked if we had a garlic roaster. I said no, but I was sure that our stoneware would work for the task. Just wondering if anyone knows how to roast garlic in our stoneware.

Thanks!!

We used to...have a garlic roaster. It was a mini stone bowl with a small round bottom (small version of the mini baker). Some people like to cover the garlic. She would be able to use the mini baker and cover it with foil. But she might be looking for a garlic roaster. I know other companies have them...but I don't know! Good luck!

Last edited:
I roast garlic all the time, but I have never covered it. I just put mine in the small oval baker and drizzle olive oil over it. I bake it at 400 for about 20 minutes. Delicious!!!

Do it the Emeril way!Here's Emeril's directions for roasting garlic.. And we all know Emeril knows what he's doing!

Roasted Garlic:
2 heads garlic, upper quarter removed
2 teaspoons olive oil
Salt
Ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the garlic on a foil-lined baking sheet and rub 1 teaspoon of oil into the top of each head. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and place, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Bake until the cloves are soft and golden, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let sit until cool enough to handle. Squeeze each head of garlic to expel the cloves into a bowl. Mash into a paste. Set aside until needed.
Yield: 1/4 cup Note: Each head of garlic makes approximately 2 tablespoons of roasted garlic

Since it's just at 350`F, you could roast it in a piece of cookware, or in stoneware.. (although I thought you were supposed to cover 2/3 of the stoneware surface when baking with it, so I don't know how a handful of heads of garlic would work if that's true.. maybe a good use for the mini bar pan or small round stone?)

Awesome Ideas...Thanks for the ideas and the quick response. I am going to see this guest at another show tomorrow night and now can sound intelligent! :D Thanks!!!!!

fruit76loop said:
have a garlic roaster. It was a mini stone bowl with a small round bottom (small version of the mini baker). Some people like to cover the garlic. She would be able to use the mini baker and cover it with foil. But she might be looking for a garlic roaster. I know other companies have them...but I don't know! Good luck!

Great idea, but I thought foil hindered the cooking process with a baking stone. I was told that one of the trouble shooting suggestions was to ask if they had foil on the bottom of their oven if so to remove it.

Foil?I have never heard of this about foil...hmmmm. :confused: ..has anyone else heard this? I don't use foil often as I have the bowl and the lid for the rectangle. But occasionally I use foil to cover my lasagna while it is baking and I have not seen a difference!

Let me know if anyone else has any input on foil! :)

No problems with foilWhen baking chicken breasts in my Bar Pan, I always cover with foil. I have never had any problems. They always turn out beautifully.

Your reply got me searching for the post I saw the info in. I guess I'm the confused one :) I know I read another one some where else about putting foil in the bottom of your oven.
Q: Can I use aluminum foil to cover the top of the 9" Square Baker, Rectangular Baker, Deep Dish Baker, etc.?
A: Aluminum foil can be used to cover the top surface of foods, such as pizza, or placed over the top of the 9x13" Baker, etc., to act as a cover. However, foil should not cover the baking surface of the stoneware because it will block the beneficial effects of the stoneware. Remember, you can cover the top of foods with foil or use it as a cover, but you do not want direct contact with the baking surface and aluminum foil.

Last edited:
ThanksThanks Brooke!

I thought I had been telling people the wrong information for years! From one Bauman to another :D ...I appreciate your taking the time to clear this up!

Smiles,

Oops, I may have been unclearWhen I bake chicken breasts, I put the foil over the top of the chicken, not the pan itself. I agree that it probably would not be a good idea to place the foil directly on the stone.

1. How do I choose the best garlic to roast?

The best garlic to roast is fresh garlic with tight, firm bulbs and unbroken skin. Avoid garlic that is soft, has blemishes, or has started to sprout.

2. What tools do I need to roast garlic?

You will need a sharp knife, aluminum foil, and a baking dish or sheet pan to roast garlic. A garlic roaster or a small ceramic dish can also be used.

3. How do I prepare the garlic for roasting?

Peel off the outer layers of skin, leaving the cloves intact. Cut off the top of the garlic bulb to expose the tops of the cloves.

4. What temperature and time should I roast garlic at?

Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Place the prepared garlic bulb on a sheet of aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap the foil tightly around the garlic and bake for 30-40 minutes until the cloves are soft and golden brown.

5. How do I use roasted garlic in recipes?

Roasted garlic can be used in a variety of recipes, such as mashed potatoes, pasta dishes, dips, and spreads. Simply squeeze the cloves out of the skin and mix into your desired recipe for a delicious and flavorful addition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • LeanneB.
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • PamperedDor