• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expert Tips for Recruiting and Building a Winning Team - Boost Your Success Now!

they're ready to place their order forms in a pile and i will call them up when i'm ready so they can socialize with their friends. i also let them know that if anyone has to leave early to let me know & i'll take care of them first. =)
beckysuem
What is the single best bit of advice you could give to someone trying to build their team? I'm feel like I'm really hitting my stride having the amount of shows I want and a relatively high show average, but I am not having very much luck building my team! Thoughts?

Full service check-out. Ok...honestly, I'm not sure I know if what all that entails.

"Would you like to host a show?"
"Are you interested in the business?"

What kind of verbage do you use?

What else does it involve???

#1 is definitely full service check out. 1st question: Did you have fun tonight? chat about that a bit
2nd question: Did I say or do anything tonight that made you a bit curious about the business opportunity? Are you interested enough to take more information? etc....
3rd question: How about a show? Would you like to get some friends together for a girls night out and get some free product?
Then the order. Always the order last. #2 is the ticket game. I have 10 tickets and I'll give you a ticket for every question you ask, then I'll do a draw at the end. The only rule is, the questions have to be about my job. Everyone loves it - it's fun and they get a prize...then they get to ask lots of questions they wouldn't normally ask. The key is to make the answers about them...for example: "How many shows do you do?" "I choose to do 2-3 shows per week, but what I love about this business is you can fit it into your schedule, so if you wanted to do 1 or 2 shows a week, or 5 shows a week, it's totally up to you"These 2 things have completely changed my business.

here is some great info from the "step up your business" series my director did last year. it has activities to do as the "teacher", but the info on how to do fsco is awesome! highly recommended: https://www.pamperedchef.com/repson...p_up/step_up_lead_activity_s2_fullservice.pdf

let me know if you have any more questions. i didn't do fsco for the whole first year after i joined and didn't have a single recruit. the VERY FIRST TIME i did fsco, i got 2 recruits who signed!!! it totally works. after consistently doing fsco with every guest, i'm now an advanced director with an organization of over 35 consultants! what have you got to lose?

ASK EVERYONE!!! Don't prejudge, just ask. And, ask questions that require more than a "yes" or "no" answer. Engage them in conversation. But most of all, ASK!!!

Those are great thoughts! Kristina-That's a really inspiring story! I've been at it for almost a year. I've had a few leads, but have not had anyone sign. Thanks!!

What kind of tickets do you use for the ticket game? That sounds fun.

How do you do fsco when there is a line? Doing the show I explain that I want to talk to everyone and if I am with someone then please leave your form and i'll call you when I am ready but the line always forms. I end up feeling rushed and I dont really get to talk to everyone how I want to. Advice?

beckysuem said:
Those are great thoughts! Kristina-That's a really inspiring story! I've been at it for almost a year. I've had a few leads, but have not had anyone sign. Thanks!!

What kind of tickets do you use for the ticket game? That sounds fun.

thanks! just get into the habit of doing fsco with EVERY person at EVERY show. it will become second nature.
i used to use tickets from a roll i bought at walmart, but now i just use a deck of cards. they're reusable and not as wasteful. they even have cool plastic see through cards that will probably last even longer!

Tracy99 said:
How do you do fsco when there is a line? Doing the show I explain that I want to talk to everyone and if I am with someone then please leave your form and i'll call you when I am ready but the line always forms. I end up feeling rushed and I dont really get to talk to everyone how I want to. Advice?

i never have a line! that makes everyone feel rushed. i tell my guests that when they're ready to place their order forms in a pile and i will call them up when i'm ready so they can socialize with their friends. i also let them know that if anyone has to leave early to let me know & i'll take care of them first. =)

kristina16marie; i never have a line! that makes everyone feel rushed. i tell my guests that when they're ready to place their order forms in a pile and i will call them up when i'm ready so they can socialize with their friends. i also let them know that if anyone has to leave early to let me know & i'll take care of them first. =)[/QUOTE said:
This is what I do but yet I end up with a line. I guess once the line starts I should remind them but I just get flustered and start rushing.:(

Tracy99 said:
This is what I do but yet I end up with a line. I guess once the line starts I should remind them but I just get flustered and start rushing.:(

Just take control! If you speak with authority and tell them what you want them to do and WHY, they'll listen.

But on the other hand, if they don't, don't worry about it. When a guest is sitting in front of you, it's just the 2 of you. You are a consultant, not a cashier. You need to find out how you can help them after today. Don't let an audience intimidate you. Once you get into the habit of doing it, you won't be so intimidated. Just step out of your comfort zone and set a goal to do fsco with every single person at every single show. It will pay off HUGE.

Tracy99 said:

I actually ask them NOT to form a line, because it makes me feel flustered and rushed. ;) I say it sort of jokingly, along with saying something about how I'm SURE they don't want me making an error on their order, etc....

I'll actually have people say to each other "you need to go sit down, you're forming a line here" and that sort of comment. It's funny. :D

PamperedK said:
Just take control! If you speak with authority and tell them what you want them to do and WHY, they'll listen.

But on the other hand, if they don't, don't worry about it. When a guest is sitting in front of you, it's just the 2 of you. You are a consultant, not a cashier. You need to find out how you can help them after today. Don't let an audience intimidate you. Once you get into the habit of doing it, you won't be so intimidated. Just step out of your comfort zone and set a goal to do fsco with every single person at every single show. It will pay off HUGE.

exactly what she said! you will get the hang of it. good luck! ;)

Build relationships is key!!!

I also agree with doing the full service checkout. I don't cook at my shows. The guests do. My job is super easy & the potential recruits see that. At the full service checkout I chat while I'm doing a total on their order. I put my hand on a stack of recruiting material (so they will look at the pile) and ask if they are interested in taking home some information to learn more about doing what I do. I don't say CONSULTANT, as many think I'm talking about them being a HOST. If they say yes, I pick up the Consultant info & do a very quick (less than 5 minute) synopsis of the various booklets & DVD. I also tell them that the best way to start their business is to host their first show. Most book a show even if they are still thinking about signing. For the ones who were not interested in the Consultant info, I ask if they are interested in hosting a show like (current host's name) did tonight to earn lots of items off their wish list for free & at a discount too. If they say yes, I try to book the date then and they get their packet. All guests go home with a copy of the recipe(s) that we did that night. So when I hand them their copy of the order form, it's not just the order form. They all have the recipe(s), some have a host packet and usually 1-3 have consultant info too.I started my business in March '08 as a hobby. In Jan of 2010 I started off the new year with a vow that I was going to FINALLY implement the Full Service Checkout. I started 2010 as a TL with 3 in my downline. I ended 2010 "paid as" an AD (took the title Jan 1) with 42 in my downline. I am a firm believer that the Full Service Checkout works! I also believe that the fully interactive cooking shows play a big part in my success and the success of my downline too.

So, I am actually scared to recruit unless they are out of my town. I am in a small town and it seems that PC has been a little bit silent in my circle lately but I really am afraid that the "competition" of having another consultant in town would totally make me go out of business.

Teresa-
Honestly, I'm a little concerned about that too...wonder what others think about this!

Ok--another question. How do you introduce the ticket game? I remember going to a jewelry party where they did that and I kind of thought it was lame and just awkward. I'm afraid guests will just be annoyed with it. (I do think it is a great idea, though)

beckysuem said:
Ok--another question. How do you introduce the ticket game? I remember going to a jewelry party where they did that and I kind of thought it was lame and just awkward. I'm afraid guests will just be annoyed with it. (I do think it is a great idea, though)

I do the ticket game or the purse game while the recipe is in the oven (or microwave) and then after the food is served (and they're all quiet because they have food in their mouths) I do the booking slide and explain that I'll be doing full service checkout and to make a pile, not a line. =)

beckysuem said:

At my shows, once we're done cooking, I give them 10 minutes or so to shop and then I come back and do it, so it goes something like this:

Ok I'm going to let you guys eat and shop and visit a bit while I clean up. I do have some prizes to give away so I'll come back and do that in a bit.

go clean up and wait 10 mins or so

Ok everyone I have a really fun game to play and a few prizes to give away. This game is super fast, easy and fun. I have 10 tickets, I'll give you a ticket for every question that you ask and I'll do a draw at the end. The only rule is, the questions have to be about my job. Nothing is off limits. If you want to know how much money I make, how much time it takes, etc...go ahead and ask away!

Just make it fun and light.

That's it. The key is to always turn it back on them. So if they ask "how many shows do you do?" You would say "I choose to do 2 shows a week, but what I love about this business is you can work it around your own schedule, whether that means 1 show a week or 4"

Teresa LM said:
So, I am actually scared to recruit unless they are out of my town. I am in a small town and it seems that PC has been a little bit silent in my circle lately but I really am afraid that the "competition" of having another consultant in town would totally make me go out of business.

Competition does just the opposite. This is the scare factor so many small towns fall into when Walmart opens. They think every other business is going to fail because big bad Walmart is going to eat everyone alive. NOT! Of course, if you don't work your business consistantly, do your full service check outs, follow up calls, customer care calls, etc, then any new consultants will take business from you. But that's not their fault. That's you not doing your job. If you do the things you're supposed to do, and any other consultants do what they are supposed to do, it will EXPAND ALL your businesses. How? Well, you will all open the eyes of more and more people in your town to the Pampered Chef. These are the people that would have gone to Penney's or Kohl's or Walmart or Target or even online to purchase their kitchen tools. Now they'll know they have a new, better option. And these people, including any new consultants, don't live in a bubble. They have family and friends who don't live in your town that will want to know more about PC. My guess is you don't know EVERYONE in your town. If you live in a town of 10,000 people, that's probably, say, 3500 adults. Every one of them eats. Even if every one of them was married, that's 1750 couples. How long would it take you to do 1750 shows? Pampered Chef has something for everyone because everyone eats. Don't sell yourself short OR anyone else who could benefit from this fabulous, amazing opportunity.

Very true, pchockeymom. Our town is only 2300 people. No, I don't know EVERYONE but pretty darned close! ;)

Teresa LM said:
Very true, pchockeymom. Our town is only 2300 people. No, I don't know EVERYONE but pretty darned close! ;)

I can relate to your fear. Our town isn't that small but when I started everyone at shows was telling me how their sister/daughter/neighbor sold pampered chef. I couldnt get a booking because everyone knew a consultant already. But then I got a few breaks and it is getting better.

Now for full service check out, if a line starts would you just collect the forms and tell them to go sit down? I dont want to see bossy or unfriendly but lines form and i do tell them not to before i start check out.

I think I got in at a good time, since it seems that there wasn't an active consultant in our area or at least in my group of aquaintances. I've done pretty well at getting parties to fill my schedule and the parties have been pretty good for sales.

1. How can I improve my recruiting skills to build a winning team?

To improve your recruiting skills, it is important to first identify the qualities and skills you are looking for in potential team members. Create a clear job description and use various platforms such as social media, networking events, and employee referrals to reach a wider pool of candidates. Additionally, make sure to thoroughly interview and assess each candidate to ensure they are a good fit for your team.

2. How can I motivate my team to reach their full potential?

To motivate your team, it is important to lead by example and show them your passion and dedication to the company. Provide regular feedback and recognition for their hard work and successes. Encourage open communication and create a positive work environment where team members feel valued and supported. Additionally, offer incentives and opportunities for growth and development.

3. How can I effectively manage conflicts within my team?

To effectively manage conflicts, it is important to address them promptly and directly. Encourage open communication and active listening to understand both sides of the conflict. Find a solution that is fair and beneficial for both parties and ensure that everyone is on the same page moving forward. Additionally, promote a positive and respectful work culture to prevent conflicts from arising in the future.

4. How can I build a diverse team?

To build a diverse team, it is important to actively seek out and welcome individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and experiences. This can be achieved through inclusive hiring practices, diverse recruitment strategies, and creating an inclusive work environment. Additionally, make diversity and inclusion a priority within your company culture and regularly assess and address any biases or discrimination.

5. How can I track the success of my team building efforts?

To track the success of your team building efforts, it is important to set clear goals and metrics for your team. This could include team performance, individual growth, and overall team satisfaction. Regularly communicate with your team and gather feedback to assess their progress and make any necessary adjustments. Additionally, celebrate and recognize any successes and continue to strive for continuous improvement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• makeawhisk
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • PChefPEI