• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is quitting Pampered Chef worth it for me right now?

In summary, the new consultant is struggling. He has only earned $50 from 2 shows. He has 3 shows lined up in October, but is doubtful he will make any money from them. He is hopeful, but doesn't believe he is worth the time and effort if only earning $50 from shows.
luvmypomeranian
Not sure where to post this. I am a new consultant, and not doing very well. I've had 2 shows so far and only made $50. I have 3 lined up for October and nothing else....one of those is an out of state cooking show and the other is an out of state catalog show. So probably only 1 show with potential bookings. Unfortunately it is for a family member and I can pretty much be assured that no one at her show will book a show....I know pretty much everyone she'll invite...I might get $300 of sales off that show if I'm really lucky.

It has just been so much work and so little return. Family life has me stressed quite a bit lately and I'm wondering if the added stress and little return of Pampered Chef is worth it to me right now.

I am fairly sure with my 3 October shows that I'll at least hit the $1250 mark.

But if I decided to quit selling PC, what do I need to do....anything I have to fill out or anything like that?

I'm hoping maybe October will turn things around....but if it doesnt, I dont think me spending so much time for so little return is worth it. I have flyers everywhere, passed out catalogs, called everybody I knew or knew of enough to get a name and number from someone....and I have gotten ZERO bookings from any of it.

The only thing you have to do to quit The Pampered Chef is nothing. Once you're inactive for six months you'll no longer be a consultant.That said, I hope you'll give it some more time. It can take a while to build confidence, a customer base, and momentum.

Some times it takes a while for things to take off so have faith!

If you do decide to quit you can send a letter to HO saying you are resigning but you really don't have to do anything. Once you haven't submitted at least $150 for 6 months you are no longer a consultant and you'd have to sign a new agreement to sell again. Out of courtesy, I would tell your recruiter and director your decision once you have made it.

I'm sorry you're frustrated already. I would strongly encourage you to reach out to team members for encouragement! Maybe they can do some role playing with you or shadow you on phone calls to see if there's anything you can do with your wording or even tone that might yield you more success. I've found that simple wording changes have made big differences for me in the past!

To answer your question you don't need to do anything official to quit. After 2 months of being inactive (submitting less than $150 in sales) you'll lose your career sales (your sales thus far) and after 6 months of being inactive you'll no longer be a consultant - can't submit shows, can't access Consultant's Corner, etc.

Even 1 show a month can have benefits and you never know, it might just take off when you least expect it! Perhaps you could host coach your family member and ask her to invite people you don't know. Offer a special for guests who bring friends - a free season's best for 1 friend, free shipping for 2 friends, etc. If it brings in guests you don't know who then book shows, etc. then it will be more than worth the small pay out.

I would encourage all your family members who are coming to your in town show to each bring one person that you do not know! This will help you to branch out of your family circle and expand your business. Offer a free gift to those who do (just a simple Seasons Best). If even half of them do this then you will more than
likely book a party with one of them. Remember that Pampered Chef rewards their hosts very well and go through all the benefits that they provide!

:confused:Maybe a little time would help. It is easy to get discouraged, but try to give yourself a deadline, maybe that would help. It might also help your excitement once you hit the $1250 mark. It is ultimately your decision, but I think this is a great bunch of people to work with. Try to remember why you started in the first place, would that help any? I don't have the answers for you, but take it easy on yourself. Maybe just stepping back and taking a big breath might help.

Sorry to hear that you are frustrated. I too am a new consultant, I signed up August 31 and only had one show in Sept with $250 in sales. My 30 days will be this Friday and I lost out on the freebies that they are offering if I reach $1250 in sales by the Oct 8. True that I got frustrated but I know with a little more hardwork, lots of research on this website (thank you Chef Success), and the Consultants Corner, our business will take off. I will have my Open House on the 24th and started a fundraiser with my daughters club at school with 15 members. Hoping that it will have a good turn out :)

My first couple of months, I did hardly anything...and then had a month here and there in the next year where I either went inactive for a month or just did a show for myself....time helps and opportunities pop up when you least expect them.....and.....if all goes well, you might get a spark and start doing shows right and left. That probably is not the best way to approach it but it was the least stressful way for me to start off PC for me.

luvmypomeranian said:
Not sure where to post this. I am a new consultant, and not doing very well. I've had 2 shows so far and only made $50. I have 3 lined up for October and nothing else....one of those is an out of state cooking show and the other is an out of state catalog show. So probably only 1 show with potential bookings. Unfortunately it is for a family member and I can pretty much be assured that no one at her show will book a show....I know pretty much everyone she'll invite...I might get $300 of sales off that show if I'm really lucky.

It has just been so much work and so little return. Family life has me stressed quite a bit lately and I'm wondering if the added stress and little return of Pampered Chef is worth it to me right now.

I am fairly sure with my 3 October shows that I'll at least hit the $1250 mark.

But if I decided to quit selling PC, what do I need to do....anything I have to fill out or anything like that?

I'm hoping maybe October will turn things around....but if it doesnt, I dont think me spending so much time for so little return is worth it. I have flyers everywhere, passed out catalogs, called everybody I knew or knew of enough to get a name and number from someone....and I have gotten ZERO bookings from any of it.

Hi... try to keep your chin up! If others can do it, you can too. One thing I noticed as I read your post is that you're pre-judging a lot of things. Try to think poisitive and it will come out in your demos. If you play games and have lots of fun at the show you do have booked, it will help ease the pressure. If your show is fun and then you ask other people to book shows (with confidence), I think you will get them! It's usually desperation or pushiness that turns people off.

My suggestion would be to practice your show at home and try to make it up beat and study your products so you're ready for the show you have coming up. Best of luck ;)

PLEASE try to stay in there. I understand your frustrations, but if you contact your director, and express your frustrations, hopefully he/she will help you along! Focus on shows and people around you. Coworkers, teachers, moms, dads, neighbors, let them know you are a Pampered Chef consultant. Watch ALL the online videos PC has to help you find business. Don't give up, you've invested into it, you can do it....and MOST OF ALL. WE'RE HERE TO HELP YOU!

1. How do I officially resign from my position at Pampered Chef?

To officially resign from your position at Pampered Chef, you will need to contact your consultant support team and submit a resignation letter. You can also reach out to your team leader for guidance on the resignation process.

2. Can I quit Pampered Chef at any time?

Yes, you can quit Pampered Chef at any time. However, it is recommended to give notice to your team leader and consultant support team in advance to allow for a smooth transition.

3. Do I need to return any products or materials when I quit Pampered Chef?

Yes, any unused products or materials provided by Pampered Chef should be returned to your team leader or consultant support team upon resignation. This will ensure that your account is properly closed and any outstanding balances are cleared.

4. Will I receive a refund for my starter kit if I decide to quit Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef has a 30-day satisfaction guarantee for their starter kits. If you decide to quit within the first 30 days of purchasing your starter kit, you can return it for a full refund. However, after the 30-day period, refunds are not available.

5. Can I rejoin Pampered Chef after quitting?

Yes, you can rejoin Pampered Chef after quitting. However, there may be certain requirements or processes that you will need to follow in order to rejoin. It is recommended to reach out to your team leader or consultant support team for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jregini
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies