• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Promote Catalog Shows?

In summary, Scott promotes catalog shows to potential hosts by mentioning how easy it is to have a party and earn host rewards as well as how fun it is to watch a cooking show. He also reminds potential hosts about a catalog option if they do not seem excited about a cooking show. Lastly, he encourages potential hosts to contact people and book a show.
ChefMary412
I am hoping to start getting more catalog shows. How do you promote these to potential hosts? In Aug and Oct I have a lot going on with the new school year and would love to keep things going with these..
any ideas would be great!

I always mention how fun it is to have a party and earn host rewards. I then joke and say that if they're not up to entertaining, they can always have a party online.

When doing a full service checkout, I remind them about a catalog option for those who do not seem to excited about a cooking show.

When I talk to anyone on the phone, or out and about.....when I see that they want a particular item or are unable to buy it, I mention the host rewards. If they aren't biting for a cooking show, the online show is mentioned again.

I can only do 3-4 cooking shows a month, once those are taken....I promote catalog shows like crazy. = )

Hope that helped.

Talk up how easy it is, and all the resources available for them to help them out. Offer to do the data entry for eVites. Offer to mail out mini catalogs to all their invited guests.

Do an incentive like batter bowl bingo for the host - they win $2 toward their free shopping spree for each line or diagonal they fill on your list. The 25 spots on the bingo are individual people who place orders that:
1. has red hair
2. shared the catalog with a friend
3. drives a pickup truck
4. gets her nails done
5. has 2 kids
6. has 1 kid
7. is a single mom
8. a guy who does a lot of cooking
9. someone who buys a DCB
10. someone who buys cookware
11. someone who buys forged cutlery
12. someone who buys simple additions
13. someone who buys baking items
14. someone who buys wine items
15. someone who just got a haircut
16. someone who needs supplemental income
17. someone who has no kids
18. someone who works 2 jobs
19. "free space"
20. someone who is engaged
21. someone who is an empty-nester
22. someone who entertains a lot
23. someone who has blue eyes
24. someone who has grandkids
25. someone who will book a show

This gets her to contact LOTS of folks to do really well with the show.

Again - for each line (5 items) completed, she gets $2 off her order (do it under the host order and it doesn't cost you that much!) If she does 2 lines it means she has contacted 8-9 people, and your show is going to be $200-300. If she fills out the whole sheet SHE GETS A FREE BATTER BOWL (24 people)and you're going to have a 1K show easily. Remember have her get people to book shows so your business continues.

Good Luck!

Thanks Scott... that is a great idea!!

do you have a document with this already printed? if so, please share. I would love to encourage better catalog shows. The ones I usually have just barely qualify!

Here's my Batter Bowl Bingo - use it in good health. Anyone: changes to suggest?

(All that being said, remember the basis of good PC business is the Cooking Show. These will give you a breadth of clients as customers, regular hosts as potential recruits and a base of clients as recruit leads. 3-2-1 with good host coaching and you'll go far! Don't fall into the trap that Catalog Shows are OK - keep them as a supplement to a strong solid show schedule, and a buffer to planned Cooking Shows.)

Attachments

• BATTER BOWL BINGO.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 752
Last edited:
I love this idea, but only question is that do you get phone numbers with it? That way you can call on these potential leads?

scottcooks said:
Here's my Batter Bowl Bingo - use it in good health. Anyone: changes to suggest?

(All that being said, remember the basis of good PC business is the Cooking Show. These will give you a breadth of clients as customers, regular hosts as potential recruits and a base of clients as recruit leads. 3-2-1 with good host coaching and you'll go far! Don't fall into the trap that Catalog Shows are OK - keep them as a supplement to a strong solid show schedule, and a buffer to planned Cooking Shows.)

Scott, I love this idea. Thanks for sharing!

1. How can I get more people to host catalog shows for Pampered Chef?

One of the best ways to promote catalog shows is by reaching out to your existing customers and offering them incentives for hosting a show, such as free products or discounts. You can also use social media to spread the word and offer special promotions or discounts to those who host a catalog show.

2. Is there a specific time frame for hosting a catalog show?

There is no specific time frame for hosting a catalog show. It is up to the host to decide when they want to host the show, but it is recommended to give them at least 2-3 weeks to gather orders from their friends and family.

3. Can I promote catalog shows through email marketing?

Yes, you can definitely promote catalog shows through email marketing. Make sure to include all the necessary information such as the catalog link, host benefits, and any special promotions or discounts to entice potential hosts.

4. How can I make the catalog show experience more interactive for guests?

One way to make the catalog show experience more interactive is by hosting a virtual party through video conferencing platforms like Zoom or Skype. This allows guests to see and interact with each other while browsing the catalog and learning about the products.

5. What are some creative ways to promote catalog shows?

Aside from reaching out to your existing network, you can also partner with other businesses or organizations to host joint catalog shows. You can also offer to do live cooking demonstrations or recipe sharing sessions during the catalog show to make it more engaging for guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mdelaine
  • fun2cook2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lmradlein
  • pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies