• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Way to Pack Your Kit for a Successful KS Event?

and the product...back in the cabinet. I have never had a problem with scratches or bruises.I use the rolling crate and most things are protected by the many pockets but if there is anything that might rub against something else I just put my towel or apron or tablecloth between the items. I have also kept extra bubble wrap just for that use!I do not use the boxes the products came in because the packing adds bulk and takes up more room. I already carry a lot - hosts would be thinking I'm bringing my whole house if I kept the products in the boxes!Crate MovingKeep it simple. Resist the tendency to "take everything you can", and think carefully about what you will need to demo your recipe
micocina
Gold Member
I haven't done my first KS yet. I was wondering how you all pack your kit. Do you just carry it in the crate or do you have a rolling cart + crate. Should I carry the product in it's own box just like we first received it. How do you avoid scratches, bumps and bruises?

thepamperinglady said:
I haven't done my first KS yet. I was wondering how you all pack your kit. Do you just carry it in the crate or do you have a rolling cart + crate. Should I carry the product in it's own box just like we first received it. How do you avoid scratches, bumps and bruises?
I now use the rolling crate and most things are protected by the many pockets but if there is anything that might rub against something else I just put my towel or apron or tablecloth between the items. I have also kept extra bubble wrap just for that use!

I do not use the boxes the products came in because the packing adds bulk and takes up more room. I already carry a lot - hosts would be thinking I'm bringing my whole house if I kept the products in the boxes!

Crate MovingKeep it simple. Resist the tendency to "take everything you can", and think carefully about what you will need to demo your recipe. If you can demo a tool and only touch it once, bring it.

Work with your director on this - it was one of the hardest things for me to learn.

Keep in mind, you want to be "duplicatable" - meaning, you want when everyone else sees you, to think - hey - I could do that. Make it seem easy, make it seem like you don't have much to bring. Don't take yourself too seriously, and Have Fun! When you have fun, guests will have fun. When guests have fun, they will BOOK!

Best of luck- work with your director.

for instance...I felt the need to interject!

When my husband and I "hosted" our first show in December, the consultant brought so much product it was, well, it was just too much...

She, her daughter, me, my husband and my 2 daughters must have each made 4-5 trips to the car to unload her. She brought boxes and containers and suitcases full of stuff! When she was finished unpacking, the kitchen was a disaster with all of the empty boxes and stuff! Then, when it came time to clean-up??? Forget it! She went crazy trying to find the correct boxes for the items...my husband did all of her dishes...no thank you from her, she got irritated b/c her daughter could not find the correct places to put things...so much so that the consultant started yelling at her and throwing stuff around (she even banged stones into our new furniture!)

One of the reasons we chose to do this (become consultants) was that we took that show as a lesson of what NOT to do! She was so stressed!

The moral of my long story is: only take what you need! ;)

I have the same problem with taking everything i own. I have added quite a few things since i started in may 05..lol but i am so excited over everything i cant help it. I unpack the stuff i will use and if someone asks to see something i have i just take it out and pass it around. i guess when i get 3 suitcases full of stuff i will have to cut back...lol...until then i think i am ok. just do like the others have said...t.he key is to have fun and practice recipes before your show. good luck!!

I take mainly just the products I need for the demo. I do take the tool turn about which has products in it that I may not use but thats not a big deal. Now when we change seasons I will bring some of the new products that people haven't seen yet and show them off but never more than my crate will hold. I always ask if anyone has any questions about the products in the catalogue if I don't have them at the show. In fact I encourage them to do and play a little game where whoever participates the most during the demo gets a prize.

I bring my entire super start kit and a few other items, like the tool turn about and US&G. That all fits in the crate. I also have a rubbermaid tote to carry the folders, booking binder, money bag, apron and tablecloth, stuff like that. After I unpack everything I put the dirty dishes into the tote to carry home and put the folders and stuff in the crate. Two trips to unload and load up. I'm sure as I get more products (I don't have that much yet) I'll have to sort through what I own and swap out some of the stuff I bring.

Hi there! Congrats on your first KS event coming up! As a fellow consultant, I can understand your concerns about packing your kit for a successful event. In my experience, the best way to pack your kit is to use a combination of a rolling cart and crate. This way, you can easily transport your products and also have a sturdy base to set up your display.When it comes to packing the products themselves, I recommend keeping them in their original boxes for added protection. You can also use bubble wrap or tissue paper to wrap any delicate items. As for avoiding scratches and bumps, I suggest using dividers or padding within your crate to keep the products from shifting during transportation.Another tip is to pack your kit strategically, with the most popular and eye-catching products at the front for easy access and display. And don't forget to include any necessary paperwork, order forms, and business cards in your kit as well.I hope this helps and best of luck with your first KS event! Happy cooking!

1. How do you pack your kit for a Pampered Chef party?

When packing your kit for a Pampered Chef party, it's important to make sure you have all the necessary materials and tools. Start by organizing your products by category, such as bakeware, cookware, and utensils. Next, use a sturdy tote or bag to store your products and make sure to use dividers or packing materials to keep them from shifting. Finally, don't forget to pack any paperwork, order forms, and business supplies you may need.

2. What is the best way to pack delicate items in my Pampered Chef kit?

When packing delicate items, it's important to use extra caution to ensure they don't get damaged during transit. Use bubble wrap or packing paper to wrap each delicate item individually before placing them in your kit. You can also use dividers or packing materials to create a buffer between items and prevent them from shifting during transport.

3. How should I pack my Pampered Chef kit for air travel?

If you're traveling by air with your Pampered Chef kit, it's essential to pack it in a sturdy, checked bag. Make sure to use dividers or packing materials to protect your products and prevent them from shifting. It's also recommended to pack any liquids or fragile items in a separate bag or container to avoid spills or breakage.

4. Can I customize my Pampered Chef kit for different types of parties?

Yes, you can customize your Pampered Chef kit for different types of parties. For example, if you're hosting a themed party, you can pack products and tools that align with the theme. You can also tailor your kit to fit the size and needs of the party, such as packing more or fewer products depending on the number of guests.

5. How often should I update and repack my Pampered Chef kit?

It's recommended to update and repack your Pampered Chef kit regularly, especially if you have new products or materials. It's also a good idea to do a quick inventory check before each party to make sure you have all the necessary items. Additionally, it's essential to replace any damaged or worn products to ensure you're presenting the best possible demonstration at each party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcmichellev
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • apriljc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • pchefinski